09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 2829303132 ...
tools
    Thank you for the feedback. Let me check what I get comparing with you. I have flashed a plain vanilla IHO straight from the repository last night (i.e. built myself) after cleaning everything.

If anybody wants to try, you can download at the following link.
    VM670-CM-7.1-RC1-IHO-KANG-08052011.zip
    MD5 sum: C58E13AB23AF1C13C9D30D3C44F9277D
    So I edited the OP to direct everyone to the wiki for the latest builds. You're welcome to edit the page and add your build info.
    Whyzor and mrg666 like this.
    08-06-2011 12:28 PM
    So I edited the OP to direct everyone to the wiki for the latest builds. You're welcome to edit the page and add your build info.
    Thanks, Blarf. I will add the link.

Edit: I added today's IHO build 08062011.
    08-06-2011 04:25 PM
    Hey does anyone know what would be involved to port these over to the M? I've got a buddy who went with MetroPCS after I showed him my V and I'd like to be able to hook him up with all the goodies I've been bragging to him about.
    08-06-2011 10:17 PM
    Hey does anyone know what would be involved to port these over to the M? I've got a buddy who went with MetroPCS after I showed him my V and I'd like to be able to hook him up with all the goodies I've been bragging to him about.
    Have him sign up at xda and PM Blarf, he will give him instructions on how to help port it to the M.

Basically, we have to determine the partition layout (should be similar), and he'll need to extract some blobs for Blarf to add to the repo. This all assumes the basic framework and kernel are similar.
    08-07-2011 12:33 AM
    Have him sign up at xda and PM Blarf, he will give him instructions on how to help port it to the M.

Basically, we have to determine the partition layout (should be similar), and he'll need to extract some blobs for Blarf to add to the repo. This all assumes the basic framework and kernel are similar.
    If I use lg phone tools o flash my girls phone back to stock will that be good enough for the optimus m?
    08-07-2011 08:15 AM
    I'm pretty sure that would do it, PM Blarf.
    08-07-2011 08:24 AM
    I'm pretty sure that would do it, PM Blarf.
    Just did
    08-07-2011 08:29 AM
    I flashed the Inferior Human Organs Recovery v4.0.1.4 and now the Settings, Home and Power buttons don't do anything when the phone is booted in the recovery mode. When any of those buttons is pressed, a ClockworkMod logo appears. Is there any way all functions (esp wiping system, data, cache, installing zip files) in the recovery mode through adb?

Thank you.
    08-07-2011 08:38 AM
    I flashed the Inferior Human Organs Recovery v4.0.1.4 and now the Settings, Home and Power buttons don't do anything when the phone is booted in the recovery mode. When any of those buttons is pressed, a ClockworkMod logo appears. Is there any way all functions (esp wiping system, data, cache, installing zip files) in the recovery mode through adb?

Thank you.
    I am using 3.2.0.1 and the buttons are assigned as follows. Scroll with the sound buttons up and down, select with the camera button, and use back button to go back. It is probably the same with 4.0.1.4.
    08-07-2011 08:46 AM
    <3 this ROM..

edit: oops didn't mean to quote all that.
    08-07-2011 09:17 AM

Thank you.
    I am using 3.2.0.1 and the buttons are assigned as follows. Scroll with the sound buttons up and down, select with the camera button, and use back button to go back. It is probably the same with 4.0.1.4.
    As stated above yes the camera button is used to select "enter".

blarf mentioned remapping the button back to the home or menu button. IMO leaving it as the camera button would be the best idea. It keeps consistency with the various phones and recoveries. Most phones have a camera button or atleast a third side btton other then the power button. But hey Im just a user once I figure this out I can build a recovery however I want .
    08-07-2011 10:04 AM
    I'm using mrg666's rom (got it from XDA, its on github https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...rc/wiki/Binary)

And man do I love it, EVERYTHING works perfectly, battery life is awesome, headsets work great, MMS, I still haven't tried the bluetooth though, the camera is fine, etc. Haven't had an issue yet. Thanks guys<3
    08-07-2011 11:58 AM
    I'm using mrg666's rom (got it from XDA, its on github https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...rc/wiki/Binary)

And man do I love it, EVERYTHING works perfectly, battery life is awesome, headsets work great, MMS, I still haven't tried the bluetooth though, the camera is fine, etc. Haven't had an issue yet. Thanks guys<3
    i'm using the same...

all i can say is WOWWW.

this is so smooth and flawless, been messing with it for about 6 hours now.
    haven't found 1 problem or issue or hiccup, trust me, i have been trying to, lol
    only thing i haven't been able to check is bluetooth, but i don't use it anyway
    running as smooth as Harmonia 1.3.

AMAZING work guys!
    THANKS to all of you for your continued development on this!

imo it should be a final candidate...

its to a point where i won't check in everyday, if at all now, for an update or new release
    this is my new "rom of choice"

thumbs up and 4 stars!
    itsrayray likes this.
    08-07-2011 01:31 PM
    i have a suggestion for the next update how bout the camera and the lighting can it be back to normal??
    08-07-2011 04:43 PM
    I had no TWS. I was at work for 3 hours with my phone in my pocket the whole time. I get great signal there.

My statistics were 50% cell standby and 49% phone idle.

Spare Parts showed no apps that were keeping the phone awake. I don't have any "crazy" apps installed. Just the basics. The only apps (aside from Google Apps) that update in the background are Facebook and WeatherBug every 2 hours. I have no problem with them on Harmonia.

WiFi and Bluetooth were off. I never toggle GPS, so that bug shouldn't be an issue.

I just don't have any luck with CM7 ROMs on my OV. They always give me terrible battery life. But Harmonia has always allowed me to last through a day with some left over with moderate use.
    I have tested the battery use today. Charged to 100% and left the phone at a place with good signal for 2 hours and 30 minutes. Wifi, GPS, sync, etc were all on but GPS was off. The battery level went from 100% to just 99%. I am using 08062011 build of IHO right now. Just for Maps 5.8, I have also installed ATK to avoid it running in the background and eating my battery.
    08-07-2011 05:19 PM
    For those with wifi issues.
    Try different security types. Some devices don't like all forms of security and sometimes how it is implemented can cause just enough of an issue to keep it from working.

dd-wrt turns your router onto a super router, I highly recommend it!
    DD-WRT is great, but it can slow down modern higher-end routers.

Once I get Harmonia straightened out (I have a few things to do), I am going to be putting together an IHO GB version. Nothing to shocking to start with as it's pretty good as it is but I have a few ideas.
    Raul720, mrg666 and JerryScript like this.
    08-07-2011 06:27 PM
    I have tested the battery use today. Charged to 100% and left the phone at a place with good signal for 2 hours and 30 minutes. Wifi, GPS, sync, etc were all on but GPS was off. The battery level went from 100% to just 99%. I am using 08062011 build of IHO right now. Just for Maps 5.8, I have also installed ATK to avoid it running in the background and eating my battery.
    Just remember that the drop from 100% to 99% takes a much more time than 99%-98%-97%,etc...
    08-07-2011 06:47 PM
    Once I get Harmonia straightened out (I have a few things to do), I am going to be putting together an IHO GB version. Nothing to shocking to start with as it's pretty good as it is but I have a few ideas.[/QUOTE]

This is great news!! The more the merrier!!
    08-07-2011 07:03 PM
    Just remember that the drop from 100% to 99% takes a much more time than 99%-98%-97%,etc...
    You are right. Now, 4 hours later, I am at 94%. This is still pretty good.
    08-07-2011 07:09 PM
    Anyone still experiencing the strange highlighting bugs? (I still am). I tried Cyanogen Settings>>Performance>>Enable Surface Dithering both on and off, and the problem persists. Is there a fix for this, or is this one of the things on the list of known issues?
    08-07-2011 07:23 PM
    Anyone still experiencing the strange highlighting bugs? (I still am). I tried Cyanogen Settings>>Performance>>Enable Surface Dithering both on and off, and the problem persists. Is there a fix for this, or is this one of the things on the list of known issues?
    I still have the issue. Mainly in fbook app switching from recent, top, etc. I experienced it 1 time elsewhere for like .2 seconds.

Extremely small issue for such a great build.

Sent from my LG-VM670
    08-07-2011 07:39 PM
    I don't have any problems on the screen and never touched surface Dithering settings. I would make sure using at least BACKside 08/03 build or later and flashing it properly as described in the Wiki.
    08-07-2011 07:44 PM
    I don't have any problems on the screen and never touched surface Dithering settings. I would make sure using at least BACKside 08/03 build or later and flashing it properly as described in the Wiki.
    I believe im still using 7/28 or around that. I just dont wanna have to reinstall apps and get everything signed up. Or is ther a way to just update?

Sent from my LG-VM670
    08-07-2011 07:51 PM
    By the way, for those flip-flopping between this and Harmonia (I know many here are, including myself)...

I'm re-writing the installer to work with other recoveries.
    Version 1.5 will work with Xionia and the installers for this, making switching back and forth easier.

Death to recovery swaps!

Also, I setup an old laptop as a Linux box (rather than resorting to VM or my tablet), Harmonia GB is coming..
    08-07-2011 07:53 PM
    Installed version 8/6 runs smooth but I can't use any other keyboards except for the android keyboard that came with it. I tried swype and other keyboards from the market and they don't work. In the keyboard setting I can select the keyboard I want but once I go back and into it again its unchecked. I wiped everything before installing this version. Any one else having this problem? Never had this problem with the older versions
    08-07-2011 08:04 PM
6,009 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD