09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    Compile package and upload your own version. Backside is Jerrys build of IHO.
    All of your responses to anyones posts are full of jerkiness, as if I can compile anything android related.
    08-09-2011 12:48 AM
    All of your responses to anyones posts are full of jerkiness, as if I can compile anything android related.
    You can start here

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sho...d.php?t=104423

---
    - Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk
    08-09-2011 12:55 AM
    No I'm not always a jerk. But your complaining about somebodies room not being what you want. Its his time and energy spent on this. If your not happy learn to compile and cook your own version. Then it is what YOU wanted and what YOU made.
    08-09-2011 01:05 AM
    No I'm not always a jerk. But your complaining about somebodies room not being what you want. Its his time and energy spent on this. If your not happy learn to compile and cook your own version. Then it is what YOU wanted and what YOU made.
    I agree. He spent quite a few hours making this, and in reality he diidnt have to share. And for what price? Nothing. All he asks if you happen to enjoy it and u have a extra couple bux to donate.

I believe for free is an amazing deal. You cant be picky at all. Especially how active he is in fixing the bugs n such.

I believe some people need be more grateful.

Sent from my LG-VM670
    08-09-2011 01:14 AM
    I fully agree. All the tools are there and freely available for any of us to create a rom from source.

@rockneo I also want something closer to stock but there are 4 different binaries to chose rom. At least 2 of them are very close to stock. So I can make my standard alterations to it.

When get an ISP I will try my hand at making my own rom from source with Go Launcher EX as my default launcher with a CM7 theme built in. Plus various apps I can't do with out.
    08-09-2011 01:22 AM
    Do these roms have the dalvik cache mod?
    08-09-2011 01:23 AM
    Im going to dualboot my PC to also run Ubuntu so I can start farting around with building roms, you guys inspired me
    08-09-2011 01:46 AM
    Im going to dualboot my PC to also run Ubuntu so I can start farting around with building roms, you guys inspired me
    if youve never done it be very very csreful. i tri boot os x ubuntu 11 and win7. did NOT go well the first few times i tried to make this set up work. haha.

if you dual boot ubuntu, do not try to un do it without repairing the new boot partition. just some helpful advice lol. its possible to "brick" a pc
    08-09-2011 04:33 AM
    Hey Jerryscript, I have an issue, and I know you probably know more about it than I do. My mms receiving has been working fine with your 8/3 build up until now. All it says is downloading, and then it just stops all together. Help is greatly appreciated!
    08-09-2011 04:46 AM
    Do these roms have the dalvik cache mod?
    I highly recommend the Wubi Installer: http://www.ubuntu.com/download/ubuntu/windows-installer
    This will allow you to install a fully functioning version of Ubuntu without having to risk your windows partitions.

Hey Jerryscript, I have an issue, and I know you probably know more about it than I do. My mms receiving has been working fine with your 8/3 build up until now. All it says is downloading, and then it just stops all together. Help is greatly appreciated!
    Nothing has been changed in the various files that effect mms. I had trouble before 8/3 with mms due to something I changed while testing, a format of data/system/boot/cache and reinstalling everything fixed it (makes TBPro worth every cent). You might be able to just delete the telephone.db file and reboot.
    08-09-2011 07:24 AM
    Thanks for the tips guys
    08-09-2011 08:33 AM
    Not a fan of the new startup sound. Phone automatically rebooted at work and although the volume was off and headphones were in, it played full volume throughout the office. Had to pull the battery and now I can't turn my phone on. Will be deleting it as soon as possible...
    08-09-2011 09:01 AM
    I just realised that this rom will actually let me boot plants vs. Zombies, its the only one I have got to work so far
    08-09-2011 09:10 AM
    I just noticed that my notification tone that plays isn't the one I have set to play, its not a problem its just strang, by the way I love the boot sound, I'm looking for an animation to match now
    08-09-2011 09:37 AM
    I have uploaded 08092011 build of pure IHO build to wiki. Changes are here.

Comes with r1.1 kernel and camera fixes.
    mustafu, notown and Kreatur3 like this.
    08-09-2011 10:02 AM
    I have uploaded 08092011 build of pure IHO build to wiki. Changes are here.

Comes with r1.1 kernel and camera fixes.
    I couldn't find the changes using the links you provided..am i missing something ? is it the same as jerrys changes?... and im too old to navigate trough github..its unruly.. Ive been using your version and i think its a fantastic rom.
    08-09-2011 10:48 AM
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one that has problems navigating github
    08-09-2011 10:59 AM
    if youve never done it be very very csreful. i tri boot os x ubuntu 11 and win7. did NOT go well the first few times i tried to make this set up work. haha.

if you dual boot ubuntu, do not try to un do it without repairing the new boot partition. just some helpful advice lol. its possible to "brick" a pc
    soft-bricked pc's can often be fixed with a live linux distro on cd or usb stick, or a utility like hiren boot cd, and a little research into boot errors.
    I highly recommend hiren boot cd (all freeware, win and linux) as an emergency tool to keep around.

on topic, I like backside so far and still haven't even tried a build from this month yet!
    my wifi AP has never had a hiccup, and with blarf's kernel usb-charge voltage mod my phone actually charges while wifi tethered and plugged in!
    too poor to donate, as usual; sorry about that.
    I'll put a new build on soon to try it out, just on principle.
    08-09-2011 10:59 AM
    soft-bricked pc's can often be fixed with a live linux distro on cd or usb stick, or a utility like hiren boot cd, and a little research into boot errors.
    I highly recommend hiren boot cd (all freeware, win and linux) as an emergency tool to keep around.

on topic, I like backside so far and still haven't even tried a build from this month yet!
    my wifi AP has never had a hiccup, and with blarf's kernel usb-charge voltage mod my phone actually charges while wifi tethered and plugged in!
    too poor to donate, as usual; sorry about that.
    I'll put a new build on soon to try it out, just on principle.
    I backed up my PC and made a recovery on a thumb drive first, it was actually pretty simple thanks to Jerry, do you have widows7 on a Mac or osx on a pc? And to keep this post legit, this rom rocks
    08-09-2011 11:18 AM
    Howcome it restarts when i remove the sd?
    08-09-2011 11:54 AM
    I couldn't find the changes using the links you provided..am i missing something ? is it the same as jerrys changes?... and im too old to navigate trough github..its unruly.. Ive been using your version and i think its a fantastic rom.
    The Github link is really a news feed for activities done on the different branches of source code for this ROM. I think it's a better idea for those posting ROMs to just summarize in english what changes come with the most recent build. As far as I can tell, the latest build adds the fix to camera exposure. I'm still not sure how to interpret the CM7.1 changes though (although a lot of them don't even apply to our device). Maybe during the build process or 'repo sync', the builders get a better idea what kind of major CM7.1 changes went in.
    notown likes this.
    08-09-2011 12:02 PM
    Changes are on the right column under Public Activity heading. The changes are the ones done by Blarf and the other developers from other repositories such as CM7.1. AFAIK, Jerry is adding more changes of his own, some of them are experimental fixes that are not in IHO yet, some of them are modifications in the ROM. I don't add any changes of my own. It is pure IHO.
    08-09-2011 12:04 PM
    Some tweaks and mods for battery life and performance in flashable zips would be nice.
    08-09-2011 12:09 PM
    Some tweaks and mods for battery life and performance in flashable zips would be nice.
    The battery & performance are already pretty good, it really depends on what apps you have installed. To improve battery further, turn off 3G data or disable apps that update using 3G data in the background or use some sort of app like Juice Defender to automate this. To improve performance (at the risk of battery power), overclock or use Interactive/Smartass Governor instead of Ondemand. Although I don't think the slight gain is worth it.
    08-09-2011 12:29 PM
    You want to save battery life? DROIDWALL enough said.
    JerryScript likes this.
    08-09-2011 12:36 PM
6,009 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD