09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 3637383940 ...
tools
    No android_audio, the .mp3 is the file type. Look at the file if it says android_audio.mp3.mp3 rename it to just android_audio.
    OK. I'll do that. Thanks.
    08-10-2011 04:49 PM
    I'm using mrg's IHO build to see if I get any different battery life than I did with BACKside (no offense, Jerry... love your work!).

So far, the only issue I'm seeing is the WiFi bug. It randomly cuts out on me.
    08-10-2011 04:55 PM
    I get an error when I try to insall that zip. :-(
    08-10-2011 05:09 PM
    I just flashed 8 -10 version of backside and I have the nexus wallpaper running but no way to pick a different wallpaper and livwallpaperpicker.apk wasn't in system/apps was it disabled or could this be just me? Edit I did fix it and now I'm so happy that I got up and did a joy joy dance.
    JerryScript likes this.
    08-10-2011 05:37 PM
    No android_audio, the .mp3 is the file type. Look at the file if it says android_audio.mp3.mp3 rename it to just android_audio.
    Still didn't work.
    08-10-2011 06:14 PM
    Running 8/10 version. It's freaking awesome. Great battery life (so far)...everything is smooth. I'm stoked.
    08-10-2011 07:54 PM
    Still didn't work.
    Ok I had the same issue. Just updated to the 8/10 and no boot sound.

Here is how to fix it.
    Make sure you are mounting in r/w mode on each of these steps.
    Using a app like root explorer, goto /system/bin and delete the file bootsound.
    Back out to /system now open build.prop in text editor mode, look for this text.
    Code:
    ro.config.play.bootsound=1
    Delete it from the build.prop and save and exit.

This is optional but recommened.
    Reboot phone.
    Verify no sound is playing.

Now run the script again and reboot.
    You should have a boot sound again.
    danieljc1 and JerryScript like this.
    08-10-2011 08:56 PM
    Has anyone tried the XioniaRedux kernel with this ROM?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...7272011-a.html
    08-10-2011 10:32 PM
    Has anyone tried the XioniaRedux kernel with this ROM?

http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...7272011-a.html
    Blarfs r1.2 is better, I liked redux better until this update. The battery seems better with r1.2 and my phone is deffinately smoother
    JerryScript likes this.
    08-10-2011 10:39 PM
    Ok I had the same issue. Just updated to the 8/10 and no boot sound.

Here is how to fix it.
    Make sure you are mounting in r/w mode on each of these steps.
    Using a app like root explorer, goto /system/bin and delete the file bootsound.
    Back out to /system now open build.prop in text editor mode, look for this text.
    Code:
    ro.config.play.bootsound=1
    Delete it from the build.prop and save and exit.

This is optional but recommened.
    Reboot phone.
    Verify no sound is playing.

Now run the script again and reboot.
    You should have a boot sound again.
    Success!!! It worked. Thanks.
    08-10-2011 11:25 PM
    Jerry, can you post that Latin package that you mentioned, either a link here or on the wiki under Binary?
    Here you go.

Full Size LatinIME.apk
    08-10-2011 11:26 PM
    I get an error when I try to insall that zip. :-(
    What is the error?
    08-10-2011 11:28 PM
    So, yes, I there's a good reason why LG (and I) chose 245MHz as the default minimum CPU clock speed. It will lower power consumption. I will hide 122MHz from the CM interface because that simply is too slow to be useful (and you will have delays unlocking your phone and some missed phone calls).
    I tried using my phone with min frequency set to 122 Mhz and using an app called 'CPU Spy', it says the idle state when I'm reading a static page (like a webpage, or ebook) is now 122 instead of 245. Because this frequency has a voltage step lower than 245 Mhz, it would conserve a bit more power for active-reading use (not playing games), which could potentially account for a majority of screen-on time for non-gamers.

I also noticed that calls come through just fine at the 122 Mhz, the time between the ringer & screen on is slightly longer (maybe 1-2 secs), but not in danger as to miss a 30-second ring window. So I would suggest keeping the 122 frequency option so it's available as an ultra-conservation mode.
    08-10-2011 11:45 PM
    starting the camera via side button or cam app restarts my phone o_O on latest build

edit* my bad, uninstalled the 3rd party camera app fixed this bug
    08-10-2011 11:47 PM
    starting the camera via side button or app restarts my phone o_O
    What's your overclock set to? The number one cause of camera crashes is too high of an overclock.

I just tested the button to be sure there wasn't an issue, the camera started up fine three times in a row.
    notown likes this.
    08-10-2011 11:53 PM
    What's your overclock set to? The number one cause of camera crashes is too high of an overclock.

I just tested the button to be sure there wasn't an issue, the camera started up fine three times in a row.
    thanks jerry. it was an app that was causing this crash. latest build connects faster via wifi and way less bloatware . thank you all IHO devs
    JerryScript likes this.
    08-11-2011 12:08 AM
    Is anyone else unable to set live wallpapers with the new 8/10 build of BACKside?
    08-11-2011 12:32 AM
    The battery life on this build is the best I've seen on CM7 in a while. Great job Blarf! Also, Jerry, the wifi patch included in the 8/10 build fixed my issues.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    JerryScript likes this.
    08-11-2011 12:34 AM
    Is anyone else unable to set live wallpapers with the new 8/10 build of BACKside?
    His newest build had live walls picker taken out so will have to wait for the next release our put it back in yourself.

08-11-2011 12:42 AM
    His newest build had live walls picker taken out so will have to wait for the next release our put it back in yourself.

Yeah gotta love middle of the night editing. LOL.

I have a folder full of audio clips that Ive edited and yeah it helps me remember not to get involved in remastering stuff past midnight. 4.5gb of 30 second clips...One of theses days Im going to mash them all together.
    08-11-2011 12:46 AM

How would i do that, is it easy or would i be better off waiting for the next release?
    08-11-2011 12:50 AM
    Sorry, I accidentally deleted it instead of the LiveWallPapers.apk, that's what happens at 3am.

To fix live wallpapers, boot into recovery, wipe cache/dalvik-cache, then install this zip file:

LiveWallpaperPicker-signed.zip
    08-11-2011 01:25 AM
    Sorry, I accidentally deleted it instead of the LiveWallPapers.apk, that's what happens at 3am.

To fix live wallpapers, boot into recovery, wipe cache/dalvik-cache, then install this zip file:

LiveWallpaperPicker-signed.zip
    Lol! Thank you im gonna flash it now. BTW Good Job on the Rom. I would donate but im 17 with no job lol!
    reaper420 likes this.
    08-11-2011 01:44 AM
    Backside is great. Thanks for all the hard work guys. I do have a little issue though its not with the rom I was hoping you could help. The new market sucks and I can't stand it and if you replace it with the old one it just auto updates again. So the question is can you put the old one in and make it where it wont update to the new one.
    08-11-2011 02:19 AM
    Does Meg's latest build have the wifi fix? Cuz it's not working for me.
    08-11-2011 05:28 AM
6,009 ... 3637383940 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD