09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 4445464748 ...
tools
    Hey! I installed BACKside ROM about a week ago and loved it! Unfortunately I had an issue with Google Navigation where it would constantly force quit for no apparent reason. I reverted back to the Bumblebee ROM. I couldn't find anything in this thread about it so I don't know what the problem could possibly be. I used the recommended clockwork recovery and followed the install directions to a T.
    08-17-2011 05:30 PM
    Same here - new BACKside seems to disable it completely - that will certainly help with the battery life
    Hopefully it's an easy fix.
    Same here.
    GPS disabled.
    08-17-2011 05:31 PM
    Weird issue now..cant restore my backup I made. It hangs on the bootanimation.

I also think there might be a data outage going on as I couldnt get 3g on the latest update. I dunno tho it worked on my nanadroid from feb.
    08-17-2011 05:38 PM
    my gps isnt working either, but thats not a problem for me i never use it anyway. other than that how can i get the boot sound working again? I've got the sound in the right folder and the build prop has the right line in it but nothing plays when i reboot. other than that great rom
    08-17-2011 05:42 PM
    Same here.
    GPS disabled.
    I did a quick repo sync; make & flashed it - GPS is fine on that stock IHO as well.
    08-17-2011 05:48 PM
    my gps isnt working either, but thats not a problem for me i never use it anyway. other than that how can i get the boot sound working again? I've got the sound in the right folder and the build prop has the right line in it but nothing plays when i reboot. other than that great rom
    Here is how to fix it.
    Make sure you are mounting in r/w mode on each of these steps.
    Using a app like root explorer, goto /system/bin and delete the file bootsound.
    Back out to /system now open build.prop in text editor mode, look for this text.

Code:
    ro.config.play.bootsound=1
    Delete it from the build.prop and save and exit.

This is optional but recommened.
    Reboot phone.
    Verify no sound is playing.

Now run the script again and reboot.
    You should have a boot sound again.
    reaper420 likes this.
    08-17-2011 05:51 PM
    I can't test until later tonight, but I just downloaded it twice, and got md5sum of: 26675d7adc520175eb2fcd1863db009d, not matching what you posted. Can you verify? Also can you do regular pure IHO builds since we don't have anyone doing that anymore, mrg666 & pbailey212 said they're not. If the md5sum is ok, it'd be nice to post on the wikipage for others:

https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...rc/wiki/Binary

I downloaded the file and I am still getting an md5 of 254352e4f3ccafe1be0c3053cd645103. Both on my mac and Linux box. Can someone else check this too?

My 3g seems to working fine now (fingers crossed!) and as stated before GPS works fine. Sure I can regularly do pure builds. Once someone confirms the md5 checksum I'll edit the wiki.
    08-17-2011 05:52 PM
    I downloaded the file and I am still getting an md5 of 254352e4f3ccafe1be0c3053cd645103. Both on my mac and Linux box. Can someone else check this too?

My 3g seems to working fine now (fingers crossed!) and as stated before GPS works fine. Sure I can regularly do pure builds. Once someone confirms the md5 checksum I'll edit the wiki.
    MD5 is correct
    08-17-2011 05:59 PM
    MD5 is correct
    Cool beans. It's up on the wiki now.

08-17-2011 06:17 PM
    Quick question about battery consumption. Will it save my battery to leave GPS enabled, or off? It has been off most of the day today, but battery only lasts about 6 hours. Seems stronger when GPS on? According to battery stats the Maps app is using a lot of battery (54%) compared to other items.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk
    08-17-2011 06:27 PM
    Quick question about battery consumption. Will it save my battery to leave GPS enabled, or off? It has been off most of the day today, but battery only lasts about 6 hours. Seems stronger when GPS on? According to battery stats the Maps app is using a lot of battery (54%) compared to other items.

Sent from my LG OP V using Tapatalk
    Leaving GPS enabled allows apps to use it whenever they like. Sometimes it's convenient, but other times badly written apps (or apps with bugs) will use it by accident in the background and drain your battery. It's safer to turn it off when not in use (Use CM's notification widget to add a toggle switch).

I'm happy to report that it looks like the "GPS toggle high drain" bug seems to be fixed in the latest IHO build (0817). I'll test it some more to be sure.

UPDATE: Looks like I spoke too soon. After turning on & off GPS, it wont' turn back on again, this is probably the state that the BACKside ROM starts out with, no GPS icon even though it's turned on in the settings & an app is supposed to use it.
    08-17-2011 08:39 PM
    I can't test until later tonight, but I just downloaded it twice, and got md5sum of: 26675d7adc520175eb2fcd1863db009d, not matching what you posted. Can you verify? Also can you do regular pure IHO builds since we don't have anyone doing that anymore, mrg666 & pbailey212 said they're not. If the md5sum is ok, it'd be nice to post on the wikipage for others:

I am going to try one of the alternative Ubuntu installs in the next couple of days, and I have no problem keeping the pure iho going, I enjoy it, and it makes me feel productive in the geek community
    08-17-2011 10:01 PM
    including GPS? So far Jerry's build has 2 reports of GPS not working at all.
    I have also built from the latest repository and GPS is not working on my built. So, I did not upload it and reverted back to 08132011 build. I will try again when Blarf fixes it.
    08-17-2011 10:07 PM

I stopped building since pbailey212 had started building the pure IHO. I can always start again when there is any need. You can send me a PM when this is needed.
    Jsadik likes this.
    08-17-2011 10:12 PM
    I have also built from the latest repository and GPS is not working on my built. So, I did not upload it and reverted back to 08132011 build. I will try again when Blarf fixes it.
    I did a build from the repo earlier tonite (about 7PM Eastern time), the GPS works fine in that build. I've used the app "GPS Status" to doublecheck that it's actually enabled, besides relying on the status bar & Maps. I'll really be testing it out tomorrow & Saturday, going to NYC for some funtime, and, I plan on using the GPS extensively. I do have a backup of a previous ROM, just in case I run into issues I can always go back. Can't do anymore testing until Sunday, and, I'm sure it will be resolved by then.
    08-17-2011 10:36 PM
    I found something odd with that lil bug when using certain apps like fbook how it'll get the line. But when using aldiko(book/pdf reader). When i try to look at the menu while reading a book it'll get those lines again. But when i switch between day/night it goes away. Looks like it only happens when the background is white? Idk.

Sent from my LG-VM670
    08-17-2011 10:46 PM
    I did a build from the repo earlier tonite (about 7PM Eastern time), the GPS works fine in that build. I've used the app "GPS Status" to doublecheck that it's actually enabled, besides relying on the status bar & Maps. I'll really be testing it out tomorrow & Saturday, going to NYC for some funtime, and, I plan on using the GPS extensively. I do have a backup of a previous ROM, just in case I run into issues I can always go back. Can't do anymore testing until Sunday, and, I'm sure it will be resolved by then.
    Interesting. I don't see any change in the repository that might fix the GPS problem. Let me sync again and rebuild.
    08-17-2011 10:52 PM
    Interesting. I don't see any change in the repository that might fix the GPS problem. Let me sync again and rebuild.
    GPS is working fine for me on the build that I posted. Others seem to be having troubles though:

Leaving GPS enabled allows apps to use it whenever they like. Sometimes it's convenient, but other times badly written apps (or apps with bugs) will use it by accident in the background and drain your battery. It's safer to turn it off when not in use (Use CM's notification widget to add a toggle switch).

I'm happy to report that it looks like the "GPS toggle high drain" bug seems to be fixed in the latest IHO build (0817). I'll test it some more to be sure.

UPDATE: Looks like I spoke too soon. After turning on & off GPS, it wont' turn back on again, this is probably the state that the BACKside ROM starts out with, no GPS icon even though it's turned on in the settings & an app is supposed to use it.
    I have tried to recreate this bug by turning GPS off/on, letting the phone sleep etc but it is still working for me.

Let us know how your build goes.

Cheers
    08-17-2011 11:11 PM
    +1 for GPS not working on 0817 build.

Downloaded couple of GPS-enabled apps. No matter whether GPS is enabled or not in the settings, apps either say it's disabled ("GPS Status") or crash ("GPS Test").
    08-18-2011 12:41 AM
    Really weird bug. Randomly my phone will play a ringtone and not stop period until I reboot.
    08-18-2011 01:16 AM
    Jerry took my Cyanbread.. Now my battery and signal don't match Ultimate Honeycomb.
    08-18-2011 02:05 AM
    How am i getting 1459 in quadrant? I would usually get around 500 in bumblebee. Im on mrg666's build.
    08-18-2011 02:25 AM
    I has that bad 3g stuff going on. So i tried going back to 8/10 and all three times the status bar would fc and shut the phone down in 2 min lol. Flash back to 8/17 and the 3g stuff fixed itself O.o

Sent from my LG-VM670
    08-18-2011 02:57 AM
    Jerry took my Cyanbread.. Now my battery and signal don't match Ultimate Honeycomb.
    Here, you can have it back.

Cyanabread flashable zip
    Vishwar likes this.
    08-18-2011 03:00 AM
    How am i getting 1459 in quadrant? I would usually get around 500 in bumblebee. Im on mrg666's build.
    I'm getting 1280 with BobZ, but realize that none of these are accurate... it's because one of the tests fail and quadrant records it as finishing extremely fast instead.
    08-18-2011 03:07 AM
6,009 ... 4445464748 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD