09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 4849505152 ...
tools
    Small solution if u wanna use bing app. Flash back to froyo and use titanium for a backup and flash iho and restore. Kinda out of the way. But it works. Idk?
    Yes, that's what I'm doing. However, I prefer to fix problems at the source rather than just use band-aid solutions. As I wrote in my prior post:
    And, the issue isn't so much just the bing app (as I said, I have a work around). The issue is: what *other* apps are not showing up in the market when you do a search because they 'think' they are not compatible?
    08-21-2011 10:22 AM
    Yes, that's what I'm doing. However, I prefer to fix problems at the source rather than just use band-aid solutions. As I wrote in my prior post:
    I also prefer a fix, but until then.

Have u filed a bug report?

Sent from my IHO Powered LG-VM670
    08-21-2011 10:49 AM
    thinking of switching over from aosp's since my phone just now randomly turns off and on for some reason and I still can't get SMS to work.

Instead of thumbing through all the pages, can someone please link me to the latest STABLE(ish) version of IHO? What doesn't work yet?

Thanks,
    Here u go, all versions of iho. Differences, reported bugs n such. Btw i suggest checking out jerrys green machine theme. Pretty wicked. I believe it is in the 3rd post of this thread.

https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...rc/wiki/Binary

JerryScript likes this.
    08-21-2011 10:52 AM
    Thanks for the help. (The link you provided is for a year-old version of the Bing app. That version was not very impressive, but the current version is 1000x better. ) And thank you for comfirming that it's not just me & my phone having the problem.

I believe the issue is not carrier exclusivity (see this link ); rather, there's something in the IHO build that makes the market think the phone is not compatible. If I flash my phone back to Froyo, I can download and install the Bing app. However, I can't download the app when running IHO, which makes me pretty certain it's a setting somewhere in IHO that's causing this problem.

And, the issue isn't so much just the bing app (as I said, I have a work around). The issue is: what *other* apps are not showing up in the market when you do a search because they 'think' they are not compatible?
    You can see below. Android Market states that it is not available on Virgin Mobile.

I am not aware of any other application that says it is not compatible with OV on the Market. If you find any other please post.
    08-21-2011 11:48 AM
    Does anyone know how to get the IHO boot logo,to make it a locksreen wallpaper. The one on jerrys 08172011 build. Currently on mrg666 08202011 build.
    08-21-2011 11:53 AM
    You can see below. Android Market states that it is not available on Virgin Mobile.

I am not aware of any other application that says it is not compatible with OV on the Market. If you find any other please post.
    Bing is exclusive to VZW.
    08-21-2011 02:01 PM

Bing is exclusive to VZW.
    Are you both ignoring him saying he can install it with a froyo rom installed?
    08-21-2011 02:15 PM
    08-21-2011 03:14 PM
    Are you both ignoring him saying he can install it with a froyo rom installed?
    Are you ignoring the screenshot on "Windows" stating that it is not available on Virgin Mobile? I don't care if it can be installed on Froyo because it is not supposed to install.
    08-21-2011 04:03 PM
    Thank you so much. I bet you found bing by googling

Edit: Googled for "bing apk android download" and found the link on the second page. Google finds the M$ product on the internet, M$ hides its own garbage on Google's Market. How ironic! If I had a Verizon phone with Bing, that would be the first app deleted after rooting.
    08-21-2011 04:07 PM
    Does anyone know how to get the IHO boot logo,to make it a locksreen wallpaper. The one on jerrys 08172011 build. Currently on mrg666 08202011 build.

There are two versions, I made them in PNG for picture and wallpaper, and an RLE version for rom builders. I don't know which Jerry used. I may build a few others before long, I was just messing around on a break when I made these. When building IHO, RLE files are found in android/system/device/lge/thunderc/files. The pics here are png, RLE files are linked.

initlogo2.rle (this needs to be renamed to initlogo.rle for use in a rom.)

RLE file
    08-21-2011 04:38 PM
    I understood it was an animation. Never mind
    08-21-2011 04:39 PM
    Thank you so much. I bet you found bing by googling

Edit: Googled for "bing apk android download" and found the link on the second page. Google finds the M$ product on the internet, M$ hides its own garbage on Google's Market. How ironic! If I had a Verizon phone with Bing, that would be the first app deleted after rooting.
    Lol yep, that's why Google is are friend, now they just need to clean up their search results like you say mrg666
    08-21-2011 04:41 PM
    New build is up on the wiki and the front page of this thread, BACKside-IHO-VM670-08202011

I asked someone why they use Bing, response:

Because
    I
    Need (to)
    Google

I couldn't stop laughing!
    jetteye likes this.
    08-21-2011 09:44 PM

Because
    I
    Need (to)
    Google

Someone once told me that Microsoft named it Bing

Because
    It's
    Not
    Google
    JerryScript likes this.
    08-21-2011 10:00 PM
    New build is up on the wiki and the front page of this thread, BACKside-IHO-VM670-08202011

Because
    I
    Need (to)
    Google

Gps works greaaaat now! Thanks!

JerryScript likes this.
    08-21-2011 10:28 PM
    Thanks LeslieAnn for the images,thanks Jerry awesome rom. Im trying to compile a rom myself,from the IHO repo. When i get some cash this week ill donate.
    08-21-2011 11:45 PM
    BACKside-IHO hit a milestone today, over 5000 downloads of all builds to date, and over 1000 downloads of the 0810 build alone! Put this together with the other IHO builds, and it's easy to assume there are at least 2000+ users with awesome phones thanks to Blarf and his IHO repository!

THANKYOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK BLARF!
    Now it's time for some of you to consider donating a couple of bucks to keep hope alive!
    Eollie likes this.
    08-21-2011 11:51 PM
    Got a random reboot today when i switched off 3g from my widget. 3g icon got stuck, screen was still responsive and then just reboot all random. Its not related to my performance settings. Im on mrg666's build. Not sure if its related to the rom though. It was the first time it ever happened.
    08-22-2011 01:25 AM
    Are you ignoring the screenshot on "Windows" stating that it is not available on Virgin Mobile? I don't care if it can be installed on Froyo because it is not supposed to install.
    I was going to be nice but...
    Look asshat at the screen shot I just took with a froyo rom installed on my optimus. It cleary says its available and installed on my froyo rom. So take you know it all attitude and shove it. Better yet learn some manners around here. Just because you compile and cook up a rom doesnt give you the right to talk to people this way. If you had done YOUR research and attempted to intall this app on your phone with a froyo rom I wouldnt be here proving you to be a jackarse.

And and look at that my old Droid X on Verizon...THIS APP IS NOT COMPATIBLE.

08-22-2011 02:22 AM
    I can't get BING to show on my phone and I am running 2.3 and my wife's phone running Reborn can see it. Not saying ur wrong but I just wonder why.
    08-22-2011 02:38 AM
    I can't get BING to show on my phone and I am running 2.3 and my wife's phone running Reborn can see it. Not saying ur wrong but I just wonder why.
    Look at the marketplace it will probably show your phone as virgin mobile and hers as mid-tex. That is the difference. Blarf is coding the rom to show our phones as virgin and technically its right. But I think Virgin did the whole mid-tex thing because of the developers blocking VM phones.
    08-22-2011 02:51 AM
    Look at the marketplace it will probably show your phone as virgin mobile and hers as mid-tex. That is the difference. Blarf is coding the rom to show our phones as virgin and technically its right. But I think Virgin did the whole mid-tex thing because of the developers blocking VM phones.
    So bing is blocking by carrier not model of phones? and can i just mod the build.prop to avoid this?
    08-22-2011 02:58 AM
    So bing is blocking by carrier not model of phones? and can i just mod the build.prop to avoid this?
    I would say yes but iirc its not that easy. As in blarf put in a different code before and it locked us out of the market.

You can restore a froyo backup and TB the app and restore it once you go back to GB roms. That would be the easiest way.
    08-22-2011 03:45 AM
    BACKside-IHO hit a milestone today, over 5000 downloads of all builds to date, and over 1000 downloads of the 0810 build alone! Put this together with the other IHO builds, and it's easy to assume there are at least 2000+ users with awesome phones thanks to Blarf and his IHO repository!

THANKYOU FOR ALL YOUR HARD WORK BLARF!
    Now it's time for some of you to consider donating a couple of bucks to keep hope alive!
    i do appreciate what all of you are doing to make this rom what it is. ill donate as soon as i can. ill explain a little. i lost my job 6 months ago. were living off of 800.00 a month with two kids and school just ate up all our money. i should be working within a month and when i do ill shoot you guys some donations. thank you so much because without you guys we wouldn't have S***.
    08-22-2011 03:56 AM
6,009 ... 4849505152 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD