09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 4950515253 ...
tools
    I was going to be nice but...
    Oh, please be nice. You are breaking my heart, tough boy.
    08-22-2011 05:52 AM
    Why don't you open a thread in the general discussion thread, and one in theoptimus s thread on xda, to see if any of the other 2.3 roms are having issues with Bing? Plus it will stop cluttering up the iho thread. I did some Googling and saw people of all kinds of phones and carriers are having the same problem, but most of them lost it when the new market rolled out
    08-22-2011 10:25 AM
    My god people. Drop the entire Bing arguments. It has nothing to do with blarf, has nothing to do with IHO.

How do I know? Here, take a look at the market for a stock unrooted VM Intercept.

Now how could this possibly be blarf's doing if the phone is stock, not rooted, and also not even an Optimus?

From this point on, this should be discussed outside the IHO thread.
    itsrayray likes this.
    08-22-2011 12:41 PM
    its bing, who really cares that much about a bing app...
    08-22-2011 01:08 PM
    I know it was mentioned earlier but there wasn't really a fix, I just installed Jerry's version which I believe is Backside ROM? It was the release before this latest update. Everything is great except I can't connect my phone to my laptop. I toggled Debugging didn't work. I used a widget to mount, didn't work. I reflashed it didn't work.

I went back to a Harmonia backup and connected it and everything went fine. The phone does charge through USB I just never get the options in the notification area. Through Devices on my PC it shows LG OPTIMUS V but the device doesn't install successfully. Anybody have this problem and was able to fix it?
    08-22-2011 01:22 PM
    I know it was mentioned earlier but there wasn't really a fix, I just installed Jerry's version which I believe is Backside ROM? It was the release before this latest update. Everything is great except I can't connect my phone to my laptop. I toggled Debugging didn't work. I used a widget to mount, didn't work. I reflashed it didn't work.

I went back to a Harmonia backup and connected it and everything went fine. The phone does charge through USB I just never get the options in the notification area. Through Devices on my PC it shows LG OPTIMUS V but the device doesn't install successfully. Anybody have this problem and was able to fix it?
    For mine it takes from 30sec to a min of just leaving the phone on home screen for it to realize it. I know this prob isnt any help but try leaving it alone for a min or two to see what happens.

Im using the latest backside build.

Sent from my IHO Powered LG-VM670
    08-22-2011 01:32 PM
    I installed 08202011 ROM today after wiping Cache & Dev. I had been running 08/10 with no problems. G Mail kept Force Closing. I restored my backup of 0810 to fix. Now no problems.
    08-22-2011 02:10 PM
    I installed 08202011 ROM today after wiping Cache & Dev. I had been running 08/10 with no problems. G Mail kept Force Closing. I restored my backup of 0810 to fix. Now no problems.
    Whenever you are having problems with an app force closing after flashing a rom, go to phone settings/applications and find the troubling app and clear data. A lot of times that will fix the problem, or just uninstall and reinstall from the market
    08-22-2011 02:19 PM
    If anyone is having trouble with QPST not recognizing your phone with this rom installed, just reboot into recovery. Then QPST should see your phone.
    I've found that the issue is recovery-specific. I could not get QPST to recognize the phone using IHO Recovery 4.0.1.4.3, but I decided to try flashing the old xionia_cwma_12518.6 recovery that I had lying around from my BumbleBee days, and QPST picked up the phone when booted into the Xionia recovery. After I was done updating my PRL, I verified by putting the IHO Recovery back on, and QPST couldn't pick up the phone anymore.

I did not have to touch the ROM at all -- just switch the recovery you are using when you need to use QPST and then switch back when you're done.
    08-22-2011 03:25 PM
    For mine it takes from 30sec to a min of just leaving the phone on home screen for it to realize it. I know this prob isnt any help but try leaving it alone for a min or two to see what happens.

Was hoping this would work, unfortunately it did not. Going to flash the newest build later and hope for the best.
    08-22-2011 05:01 PM
    I'm going to say this once, and once only: I will ignore (and on the IHO/XDA thread direct the mods to delete) any discussion of Bing. It's off-topic with one exception: if you've found and tested a fix that doesn't result in breaking anything else.

Note: I am using the MCC/MNC that VMU is using in their latest update for the VM670 (AFAICT this is different from the original 2.2 ROM). If you want to experiment with any of the ways in which the phone is identified to the market you can do so on your own without any intervention from me.

I don't check back here too often but for ****'s sake keep it polite.
    08-22-2011 05:49 PM
    I've found that the issue is recovery-specific. I could not get QPST to recognize the phone using IHO Recovery 4.0.1.4.3, but I decided to try flashing the old xionia_cwma_12518.6 recovery that I had lying around from my BumbleBee days, and QPST picked up the phone when booted into the Xionia recovery. After I was done updating my PRL, I verified by putting the IHO Recovery back on, and QPST couldn't pick up the phone anymore.

I did not have to touch the ROM at all -- just switch the recovery you are using when you need to use QPST and then switch back when you're done.
    I am using CWM v3.2.0.1 and QPST recognizes the phone while in this recovery.
    08-22-2011 06:12 PM

The only problem I have with accessing my phone through USB is every once in awhile my phone will reboot. After it boots back up I can access it through USB. It hasn't done this with Jerry's latest build though nor the 8/10 build.
    08-22-2011 06:19 PM
    Whenever you are having problems with an app force closing after flashing a rom, go to phone settings/applications and find the troubling app and clear data. A lot of times that will fix the problem, or just uninstall and reinstall from the market
    Thanks, I uninstalled G Mail, reinstalled it and cleared data. Everything now works great. Now I will see if battery life is any different
    08-22-2011 06:33 PM
    Howcome mrg666's build was removed from the wiki? It was the best in my opinion.
    mrg666 likes this.
    08-22-2011 07:03 PM
    Is the IHO recovery really only 1kb in size, or is the download link messed up?
    08-22-2011 07:12 PM
    Still rockin' the 8/10 build. I refuse to update cuz this build is just working perfectly for me.
    08-22-2011 07:16 PM
    Howcome mrg666's build was removed from the wiki? It was the best in my opinion.
    idk but its no big deal. have you tried out the other rom versions? bobz is the best IMHO
    08-22-2011 07:34 PM
    Its back up, he just uploaded a new build for today.
    08-22-2011 09:08 PM
    Ill download them all and give them a try later. Mrg666 build is running great though.
    08-22-2011 09:15 PM
    Was hoping this would work, unfortunately it did not. Going to flash the newest build later and hope for the best.
    Finally fixed my problem, updated to the 0817 build and re-downloaded the VM driver from the LG website and it worked.

LG's VM670 page.
    LG VM670 Optimus V Cell Phones & Mobile Phones - LG Electronics US
    08-22-2011 09:19 PM
    I have new build https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...rc/wiki/Binary
    Changelog

08-22-2011:

1. Sync'd up with CM
    2. Updated to Blarf's GPS tweak(faster lock and improved battery life)
    3. Update to official LG fingerprint
    4. Fix: libaudio - Don't mute in-call audio
    5. tweak: recovery - Mount any second partition on an SD card
    6. tweak: Increase read ahead buffer

Please don't thank me, instead donate to Blarf for all the great work he has done.

Enjoy!
    08-22-2011 09:57 PM
    Ill download them all and give them a try later. Mrg666 build is running great though.
    Sorry, I forgot to post here.

For the IHO fans asking for a slim build, I have uploaded 08222011 build in the Wiki. There are no changes in IHO branch since 08202011 build but a few changes come from CM7.1 branch. You can see what is removed in the Wiki. I added Email.apk back in after too many questions. The removed parts are not in the optional files section anymore since packaging those removals separately after every build is taking too much time and those are available in the other builds. So, this is slim build from now on. I have only added the stock Android 2.3.5 launcher for replacing the ADWLauncher for the extra purists As always, it is tested on my phone.

And, a little bonus which I had cooked in UOT Kitchen for myself and wanted to share with the ones who might like it. Here is a theme that makes the status bar transparent and adds an easier-to-read battery indicator with consistent Gingerbread colors, everything else original. You can see below
    ejlmd likes this.
    08-22-2011 11:22 PM
    I have new build https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...rc/wiki/Binary
    Changelog

08-22-2011:

1. Sync'd up with CM
    2. Updated to Blarf's GPS tweak(faster lock and improved battery life)
    3. Update to official LG fingerprint
    4. Fix: libaudio - Don't mute in-call audio
    5. tweak: recovery - Mount any second partition on an SD card
    6. tweak: Increase read ahead buffer

Please don't thank me, instead donate to Blarf for all the great work he has done.

Enjoy!
    Great rom once more. BobZ, have you tried Zeam launcher? It's similar to LauncherPro, but IMO, less mem usage and feels faster. Has the scroll feature. I'm going to keep using your ROM regardless.
    08-22-2011 11:32 PM
    I got my build box working again and this is the first build from it

This follows Harmonia in many ways, hence the working name (subject to change). Everything you need, nothing you don't.

Stripped down but contains (all current as of this afternoon):
    Fresh graphics on startup
    email, market, gmail
    English Spanish languages
    Still has theme and wallpaper pickers, just none installed.
    No boot animation, or Gallery3D (I recommend Quickpic)
    Minor battery tweak
    MIUI style icons and Harmonia's large percentage battery indicator (I hate the green and prefer an easy to see battery indicator)
    ADW simply because it's a stripped CM rom. May become Launcher pro later.

May be seriously flawed, so use at your own risk.
    Download
    Harmonia_2b1_22aug_IHO_CM_OUT.zip
    MD5: 03107495f8c5e7a7ae19b046026a5659
    mrg666, JerryScript, ejlmd and 2 others like this.
    08-22-2011 11:34 PM
6,009 ... 4950515253 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD