09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 5859606162 ...
tools
    Thanks Blarf, Made a build and mic with headset works with calls again.
    BobZhome likes this.
    08-30-2011 08:37 PM
    I have just uploaded the 08302011 build with Blarf's mic updates and without my stupid themes. It is now just IHO after bloat removal. I think this will not give any trouble to anyone anymore, although I could not repeat the freezing boot problems.
    BobZhome, KidFr3sH and EmuZombie like this.
    08-30-2011 09:05 PM
    ADW Launcher is included because it's the default CyanogenMod launcher. Easy enough to install the launcher of your choice.

I included the self-destruct bootsound as a joke. Very easy to remove or replace with the sound of your liking.

I'm trying to say that these are pretty minor issues that take less than 5 minutes to change once you install the ROM. With a bit of research, you could learn how to modify the files and updater-script in the ROM's zip file to make the changes automatically for you when you flash the ROM.

Other than that, it would probably be best if you built one the way you like it, I'll bet there will be other users that would like your work as well!
    my main barriers to entry are the long downloads on a slow connection (6+ GB on a single megabit dsl line, thats only on a few hours a day) and putting ubuntu back on my gaming pc for the sole purpose of building a rom.

im back on 8/10 BACKside right now and liking it. i am also in charge of 3 friends Optimus Vs who are running 8/10 as well (they dont know how to flash roms, they just like having the latest android, so I help them out) so when I put a newer BACKside and the startup animation changes or other minor things they worry. I have to explain I didnt build it but to get to used to it becuase its a very good rom.

that bootsound in the newest rom is a dealbreaker for them. haha.

if building my own rom was easier to accomplish id do it

*edit. my point being, yes removing the bootsound and other stuff isnt on its own difficult, but tedious when doing 2 to 4 OVs at the same time when an update is out
    08-30-2011 09:48 PM
    August 30 build of IHO-Purity is up.

Changelog:

-Sync'd with CM
    -Headset Mic now working

Download MD5: d353c59b7fc602106420d34a3560064d
    mrg666 likes this.
    08-30-2011 09:51 PM
    I have just uploaded the 08302011 build with Blarf's mic updates and without my stupid themes. It is now just IHO after bloat removal. I think this will not give any trouble to anyone anymore, although I could not repeat the freezing boot problems.
    very quick to update. thanks!

this rom would absolutely NOT boot up today. froze at the CM7 intro every time. one time it got stuck in a massive loop where the animation would restart 3 times then the phone would restart back to the LG logo and I did a battery pull and it stayed on (becuase i left the power cable plugged in) stupid move, but it genuinely freaked me out for a good second! hahaha

good joke that would have been if you could keep a phone looping even after a battery pull. genius move XD laws of physics be damned

I'll be trying this update right now
    08-30-2011 09:53 PM
    I figure ill ask this here. does the IHO recovery correctly make nandroid backups and correctly restore them?

I'm using clockwordmod 3.2.0.1 and it flashes roms just fine, and it CREATES a nandroid backup. but refuses to restore its own backups of any rom, claiming a Md5 mismatch.
    08-30-2011 10:20 PM
    very quick to update. thanks!

this rom would absolutely NOT boot up today. froze at the CM7 intro every time. one time it got stuck in a massive loop where the animation would restart 3 times then the phone would restart back to the LG logo and I did a battery pull and it stayed on (becuase i left the power cable plugged in) stupid move, but it genuinely freaked me out for a good second! hahaha

good joke that would have been if you could keep a phone looping even after a battery pull. genius move XD laws of physics be damned

I'll be trying this update right now
    That was a really strange one. But the problem had to be the theme. Although it did not give me any trouble it was the only change in the last two builds. I am now flashing my theme separately after the ROM. Easy enough for me.
    08-30-2011 10:25 PM
    I had the same problem recently with clockwork mod not restoring a backup and would also like to know how well the iho recovery works
    08-30-2011 10:35 PM
    Ive been using Xionia recovery and havent had any problems at all.
    mysticalnyte likes this.
    08-30-2011 11:11 PM
    I'm running backside and want to try another iho rom, is it possible to backup the Cyanogenmod settings so I don't have to recreate my custom lockscreen gestures?
    08-30-2011 11:12 PM
    I'm running backside and want to try another iho rom, is it possible to backup the Cyanogenmod settings so I don't have to recreate my custom lockscreen gestures?
    I would LOVE that but unfortunately I am very sure it's not a good idea.
    08-30-2011 11:27 PM
    I would LOVE that but unfortunately I am very sure it's not a good idea.
    It would definitely be nice. I know Go Launcher has a backup/restore option, but I'm not sure if I can restore those settings once I change roms.
    08-30-2011 11:35 PM
    It would definitely be nice. I know Go Launcher has a backup/restore option, but I'm not sure if I can restore those settings once I change roms.
    due to rom tweaks your old settings could break the update. Thats why everyone says not to update system apps and settings. I had 15 gestures that I have to get around to putting back into the settings.
    08-30-2011 11:39 PM
    i expected harmonia to be the cleanest of the roms but it had adw and a mild theme applied as well, as well lots of un needed themes baked in. the rom is larger than mirage or backside, complete reverse of what i expected from LesliAnn.

I guess im trying too hard to find a "pure" gingerbread rom with CM7 options baked in.
    Keep in mind, that Harmonia was a first run beta build just to test some things out.

I even said the launcher was only there because it was stock, but was subject to change. I do plan to rip out more of the CM guts as well. I am dissecting it a little at a time, it will get more and more pure as it goes along. My goal is pretty close to what you are after. Minus the green.... ICK.
    It will likely use a different launcher, I too am not happy with ADW, but I don;t know which it will end up with in the end. Personally, I use Launcher Pro, but whatever it comes with, will be lighter weight than ADW.

As for the themeing, it's only the statusbar icons, I despise the stock green color and the other colored icons made them easier to read at a glance, I may just put them to white, we will see. It too was an experiment. The battery percentage may or may not stay. I prefer it because I like being able to see it at a glance. I love green, but not THAT green.
    08-30-2011 11:46 PM
    I figure ill ask this here. does the IHO recovery correctly make nandroid backups and correctly restore them?

I'm using clockwordmod 3.2.0.1 and it flashes roms just fine, and it CREATES a nandroid backup. but refuses to restore its own backups of any rom, claiming a Md5 mismatch.
    Did you rename the backups? Try this from adb shell or terminal:

# cd /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/<name_of_backup>
    # rm nandroid.md5
    # md5sum *img > nandroid.md5
    08-31-2011 12:37 AM
    Keep in mind, that Harmonia was a first run beta build just to test some things out.

I even said the launcher was only there because it was stock, but was subject to change. I do plan to rip out more of the CM guts as well. I am dissecting it a little at a time, it will get more and more pure as it goes along. My goal is pretty close to what you are after. Minus the green.... ICK.
    It will likely use a different launcher, I too am not happy with ADW, but I don;t know which it will end up with in the end. Personally, I use Launcher Pro, but whatever it comes with, will be lighter weight than ADW.

As for the themeing, it's only the statusbar icons, I despise the stock green color and the other colored icons made them easier to read at a glance, I may just put them to white, we will see. It too was an experiment. The battery percentage may or may not stay. I prefer it because I like being able to see it at a glance. I love green, but not THAT green.
    Have you tried Zeam Launcher? It's like Launcher Pro, but smaller and leaner.
    08-31-2011 01:21 AM
    I just flashed the IHO Purity ROM. As of now I don't have any changes to my personal builds So with the exception of that new IHO boot logo the purity build matches my own builds perfectly.

It looks like someone posted a few Optimus V CM7 build updates on the ROM Manager download list. I'm not sure who it was but it sure is a step in the right direction.

I want to thank the community for posting enough different build variations. I realize I don't really have enough time to modify, build, and maintain a published ROM at this point. For some reason only about twenty percent of my build attempts are successful.

Every time major Ubuntu package updates are released (mainly the kernels) The proprietary video drivers break due to some sort of incompatibility, rendering my Linux unusable. And virtualization gives me a whole list of annoying problems.

(I'm much too tired to post a generic statement of gratitude, but if I did post one it would be here.)

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk
    08-31-2011 01:35 AM
    I just flashed the IHO Purity ROM. As of now I don't have any changes to my personal builds So with the exception of that new IHO boot logo the purity build matches my own builds perfectly.

It looks like someone posted a few Optimus V CM7 build updates on the ROM Manager download list. I'm not sure who it was but it sure is a step in the right direction.

I want to thank the community for posting enough different build variations. I realize I don't really have enough time to modify, build, and maintain a published ROM at this point. For some reason only about twenty percent of my build attempts are successful.

Every time major Ubuntu package updates are released (mainly the kernels) The proprietary video drivers break due to some sort of incompatibility, rendering my Linux unusable. And virtualization gives me a whole list of annoying problems.

(I'm much too tired to post a generic statement of gratitude, but if I did post one it would be here.)

Need to move to Arch Linux. ;P
    08-31-2011 01:46 AM
    my bad I had to leave for school, forgot to add I use ClockworkMod v3.2.0.1. oh & thanks for the "IHO-CM7.1RC1-MiRaGe" update, all is working now. btw what was that theme you removed mrg666? I would like to try it out, if you don't mind. I'm still trying to get used to making my own. What is the recommended recovery for flashing these roms or do I stay on my current one?
    08-31-2011 01:50 AM
    Need to move to Arch Linux. ;P
    Yeah, really the only reason I'm still on Ubuntu is because it's so popular, well maintained, and stereotypical (like owning a MacBook pro).

I have to decide if Ubuntu is actually worth it if it breaks the Linux.

The bad updates are also more related to my system having a modified OEM nvidia ENGTX 260 instead of a regular GTX 260 which means non-fully compatible video drivers.

08-31-2011 02:11 AM
    Everyone says they like launcher pro plus better than adw launcher ex 1.3.3 which is what I use. I can't figure out how to change themes on launcher pro if someone could please help me out with this so I could test these against each other and see which is actually better for me. Sorry about going off toppic a little bit but it seems a few people in here like it alot so I figure this is the place to ask. Thanks everyone. I need to know if you can apply a whole theme to the launcher pro like on adw ex.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    08-31-2011 03:06 AM
    *edit. my point being, yes removing the bootsound and other stuff isnt on its own difficult, but tedious when doing 2 to 4 OVs at the same time when an update is out
    Just a option when you download the rom why not just pick it apart? If your using 8/10 then grab the newest rom download it open it with 7zip but dont extract it. Then pull adw and replace it with launcher pro. Then pull the boot sound out and change the bootanimation. Change whatever else you want to change and let it rezip.

Grab this app from the market and install on your phone. Then transfer the rom zip and use the zipsigner to sign the zip so there shouldnt be any problems installing it on there phone. Nandroid yours and test the rom if it works then install on their phone after. If not you can restore and chunk the whole mess. Ive used zipsigner a couple times and it has never failed yet.
    https://market.android.com/details?i...ood.zipsigner2

______________________________________________________________________________________

Im amazed at how many people complain about the boot sound. Every android phone Ive seen on the ohter carriers has some sort of bootsound. That personally I think is more annoying then anything Jerry has done. When I had my DX it rebooted on me in a movie, not only rebooted but turned on reboot. I shut if off because there was a known issue with the rom that would reboot the phone randomly. talk about embarrassing and annoying. It was during a quite part of the movie and all of a sudden you hear "DROOOOOOOIIIIIIIDD".

If you dont want the boot sound that is your right as owner of the phone. Just learn some tact in saying you dont want it. the latest sound was meant as a joke. and its easy enough to pop out. I laughed and swapped my animation and sound over after first boot.
    JerryScript likes this.
    08-31-2011 03:30 AM
    gah dup posts
    08-31-2011 03:31 AM
    @eollie

ill try that zip idea. didnt realize i could do that.

and yes the bootsound was hilarious! my friend actually got frightened. she was new to flashing android phones and didnt know what to expect when her phone rebooted. hilarious reaction. wish i recorded it. phone went flying across the room.
    08-31-2011 04:09 AM
    my bad I had to leave for school, forgot to add I use ClockworkMod v3.2.0.1. oh & thanks for the "IHO-CM7.1RC1-MiRaGe" update, all is working now. btw what was that theme you removed mrg666? I would like to try it out, if you don't mind. I'm still trying to get used to making my own. What is the recommended recovery for flashing these roms or do I stay on my current one?
    I also use 3.2.0.1 since it is working fine so far. The theme is in the optional files list now. It is a very light theme that adds a transparent status bar.
    08-31-2011 07:46 AM
6,009 ... 5859606162 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD