09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 6061626364 ...
tools
    O.K. so I have never used a headset but HAD the same issue with no audio while using the camcorder. After playing around with it I have figured out that if I start an initial recording it will record with no sound, but if I stop and start a new recording immediately it WILL record with audio. I've checked this on every possible setting and quality mode. The same thing happens. So, I start a recording, stop it, start a new one and all is well. I'm not sure how to send or file a "logcat" (obviously i'm a n00b) but I hope you can use this info to fix the bug. Thanks for a FANTASTIC rom!!

BTW, can anyone else confirm this with their setup...?
    JerryScript likes this.
    09-01-2011 09:26 PM
    O.K. so I have never used a headset but HAD the same issue with no audio while using the camcorder. After playing around with it I have figured out that if I start an initial recording it will record with no sound, but if I stop and start a new recording immediately it WILL record with audio. I've checked this on every possible setting and quality mode. The same thing happens. So, I start a recording, stop it, start a new one and all is well. I'm not sure how to send or file a "logcat" (obviously i'm a n00b) but I hope you can use this info to fix the bug. Thanks for a FANTASTIC rom!!

I can confirm, RT78. I recorded video about three times in a row. The first two times the audio didn't work. The third time, the audio worked.
    RT78 and JerryScript like this.
    09-01-2011 09:32 PM

I can also confirm this. After the first recording, it will record audio again until I either play a video, mp3, or some sort of media with audio. After the first no audio recording, I can even plug headphones back in, and still be able to record audio. But if I make a phone call, the audio stops working again.

~Azrael's Kiss~
    RT78 and JerryScript like this.
    09-01-2011 10:24 PM
    Now the video won't play audio at all (after recording) unless I reboot.I tried recording about five times in a row and the audio won't play.
    09-01-2011 10:34 PM
    I can also confirm this. After the first recording, it will record audio again until I either play a video, mp3, or some sort of media with audio. After the first no audio recording, I can even plug headphones back in, and still be able to record audio. But if I make a phone call, the audio stops working again.

~Azrael's Kiss~
    Yeah. If I close the camera app, the first time I reopen and record video, there will be no audio. I have to start the initial recording, stop it, then restart another without closing in order for the audio to work. If there is a break in that routine (eg. call, music, text), I have to restart it again.
    JerryScript likes this.
    09-01-2011 10:47 PM
    Thanks for all the testing!

If any of you has a bit more time, we could really use both logcat and dmesg output when this occurs.

For either logcat or dmesg, run the following line in terminal (change logcat to dmesg in both places)

su
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt

Then press your home key to get out of terminal without closing it. Now do your tests with the camcorder. Once you have reproduced the bug, go back into terminal, press the menu key and toggle the keyboard, then hold the volume_down key and tap the "c" on the keyboard to stop the logcat/dmesg.

Look in your sdcard for the logcat.txt and/or dmesg.txt files. Go to pastebin.com and create a separate pastebin for each, then post the links here.

Thanks for your help tracking this bug down!
    RT78 likes this.
    09-02-2011 12:59 AM

Thanks, the stop/restart does work, however it records at a much lower volume level. Regardless, thankyou, this may help finding a fix!
    09-02-2011 02:08 AM
    Thanks for all the testing!

If any of you has a bit more time, we could really use both logcat and dmesg output when this occurs.

For either logcat or dmesg, run the following line in terminal (change logcat to dmesg in both places)

su
    logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt

Then press your home key to get out of terminal without closing it. Now do your tests with the camcorder. Once you have reproduced the bug, go back into terminal, press the menu key and toggle the keyboard, then hold the volume_down key and tap the "c" on the keyboard to stop the logcat/dmesg.

Look in your sdcard for the logcat.txt and/or dmesg.txt files. Go to pastebin.com and create a separate pastebin for each, then post the links here.

Thanks for your help tracking this bug down!
    O.K. here you go...

Logcat.txt file
    RT78 logcat.txt - Pastebin.com

Dmesg.txt file
    RT78 dmesg.txt - Pastebin.com

Thanks Jerry! Your instructions were easy enough to follow. I hope these help.
    JerryScript likes this.
    09-02-2011 10:20 AM
    I have an issue and just wanted to see if anyone else has it. Whenever I dial an international number such as +9221xxxxxxx I get a call was lost but if I dial 0119221xxxxxxx the call connects.
    09-02-2011 11:01 AM
    Aaright, I wiped and reflashed the latest BACKside ROM, and my WiFi problem is solved. Now I have a new problem: Superuser says its working, the various programs that report such things (astro, remount, etc) say that /system is R/W, but no apps that actually use it are getting the right permissions. I opened terminal emulator and tried to manually mount it with su, but apparently I don't have permissions for su.

What am I doing wrong?

...Edit - wipe and reinstall did the trick. Third time's a charm.
    09-02-2011 03:44 PM
    Reminder to all: posting links to cracked/paid apps is illegal and against Forum Rules.
    09-02-2011 05:02 PM
    Sorry about that didn't know that. Won't post them again.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    09-02-2011 06:42 PM
    I have an issue and just wanted to see if anyone else has it. Whenever I dial an international number such as +9221xxxxxxx I get a call was lost but if I dial 0119221xxxxxxx the call connects.
    Calls starting with + dont go through. Just delete the + and dial. Ive learned that the hard way. Whenever you save a number thats called you or if you try to call someone from the FB app, it adds the + automatically.
    09-02-2011 07:05 PM
    Does your school require you to log in through a web browser once connected? At my campus we need to log in with our school id on a redirect page once we connect initially and load a browser.
    Lol no, i live in Puerto Rico, its just regular wifi.
    09-02-2011 07:13 PM
    *Comment retracted*

WHOOPS. Just figured it out. >_<
    09-02-2011 08:37 PM
    AND i also cant download anything from market. It says insufficient memory. I have a 8gb card O.o with 3 gbs free and the phone has 70mb free.

I just found out that it only does the market thing randomly.
    I was also running into the "insufficient memory" issue with downloading from the Market, with 106.97 MB free on the phone and 5.73 GB free on my SD card. What worked for me was to wipe the SD partition cache and dalvik cache.
    JerryScript likes this.
    09-03-2011 10:17 PM
    Okay, so i do have wifi issues. :/ xD Sucks. Its only at school so far. It scans, detects, and what not, then eventually gets stuck at obtaining IP address. After about a minute it goes crazy and disconnects and does it all over again, but faster and then eventually it cant detect the network anymore. If i toggle Wifi off and on again, it detects it fast again and redoes that cycle.
    AND i also cant download anything from market. It says insufficient memory. I have a 8gb card O.o with 3 gbs free and the phone has 70mb free.

I just found out that it only does the market thing randomly.
    I had the insufficient memory problem on all the IHO except for Bobz rom. I also had problems with apps not downloading on Harmonia and Bumblebee. I did everything from clearing the cache, dalvik cache, clearing the market, etc.

Give Bobz rom a shot if you haven't tried it already.
    JerryScript likes this.
    09-04-2011 12:37 AM
    Why Does mine say autobrightness is enabled Anyway to fix??
    09-04-2011 12:21 PM
    Hey JerryScript, any chance the "this phone will self destruct in..." sound is going to be removed from startup? My phone restarts in the middle of the night sometimes and that wakes me up every time.
    09-04-2011 01:18 PM
    Hey JerryScript, any chance the "this phone will self destruct in..." sound is going to be removed from startup? My phone restarts in the middle of the night sometimes and that wakes me up every time.
    My phone restarts itself too so I've had to get rid of the sound.

You can get rid of it yourself.
    1. dl super manager
    2. launch app
    3. hit file explorer and go to menu>setup> and enable ROOT function (this lets you r/w system files)
    3. navigate to system/media and delete the boot sound.

I've tried to switch it out with another mp3 file but it still plays way to loud for my taste so I just deleted the boot sound.
    Silence99 and timhuntley like this.
    09-04-2011 01:26 PM
    My phone restarts itself too so I've had to get rid of the sound.

You can get rid of it yourself.
    1. dl super manager
    2. launch app
    3. hit file explorer and go to menu>setup> and enable ROOT function (this lets you r/w system files)
    3. navigate to system/media and delete the boot sound.

I've tried to switch it out with another mp3 file but it still plays way to loud for my taste so I just deleted the boot sound.
    If there is a sound you want to play at boot up and its too loud pm me here the file and I can lower the volume and send it back to ya. I do all my sounds like that anymore. The default volume is REALLY loud.
    gsrrr likes this.
    09-04-2011 02:43 PM
    If there is a sound you want to play at boot up and its too loud pm me here the file and I can lower the volume and send it back to ya. I do all my sounds like that anymore. The default volume is REALLY loud.
    Thanks for the offer and idea. I had not thought about lower the vol in the file. I just downloaded MP3Gain and modified the MP3 file and it works great.
    09-04-2011 03:03 PM
    Has anyone else had a problem re-installing Google Maps with this ROM? I'm not able to restore a backup and when I try to install it from the Market, I briefly see the download arrow in the notification window and that's it. It isn't downloading and therefore not installing. I just installed the 8/31 version yesterday, originally I had Bumblebee. Some of the things I've tried are to wipe the Dalvik cache, the partition cache, as well as clearing the Market app cache. I also reflashed the gapps too. ??? Any other suggestions? (This also happens with Cut the Rope.) I was just able to download and install an app called Open Table just fine, so it isn't completely a Market issue.

On a side note, I am VERY happy that I can use my wired headset with this ROM!!! And I love the curved unlock bar. (I know there are other things that I like about this ROM, but those to are at the top of my list!!)

Thanks for any help that anyone might have!!

EDITED TO ADD: I wiped the Dalvik and partition cache again and reflashed the Gapps.zip. Now I am able to download Google Maps, but I get the "Package file is invalid" error when installing. At least I'm getting closer!! I'll keep retrying to download/install this. Maybe it will take one of these times.

MORE TO ADD: Hmmmm... no, now I'm back to the almost downloading part. The download arrow in the navigation bar shows for a second or so. Hmmm... Not giving up though. I reflashed the ROM and Gapps. Doo-doo-di-doo... I figure since it isn't life or death to have the app, eventually I'll get it.

WAHOO! Okay, what I did was delete some of the files manually that were in the Dalvik cache using ES Explorer. Yay! Google Maps successfully downloaded and installed. I used this post as a reference.
    timhuntley likes this.
    09-04-2011 03:17 PM
    I was wondering if this phone has a voltage setting for overclocking.....
    I have been doing some research on the cpu but nothing really comes up...
    09-04-2011 04:51 PM
    I was wondering if this phone has a voltage setting for overclocking.....
    I have been doing some research on the cpu but nothing really comes up...
    this took me forever to google up.
    zefie rocks.
    spec sheet.
    09-04-2011 05:03 PM
6,009 ... 6061626364 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD