09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 6162636465 ...
tools
    I was wondering if this phone has a voltage setting for overclocking.....
    I have been doing some research on the cpu but nothing really comes up...
    Doesn't exist on this phone.
    09-04-2011 05:06 PM
    I bought a replacement Optimus V for my wife after her's had an unfortunate meeting with the ground and a foot.

I purchased it brand new from Target. It has the optimus s screen. This serves as positive proof new phones are being manufactured with this screen. When I powered it on, right away I noticed a difference. It has a slightly different tint to the colors. When I flashed a recovery I was met with a black screen after rebooting. I then flashed Xionia recovery and it worked without a hitch.

Bearing in mind my wife now has one of these phones with different hardware, I have created a compatible flash-able ROM zip for those also in this same boat.

This ROM is essentially just IHO-Purity with the Xionia kernel. To prevent confusion I'm going to be calling it IHO-Purity-X

Sooo....

Annoncing IHO-Purity-X

Changes from IHO-Purity:
    -Replaced IHO kernel with Xionia kernel (this fixes the black screen on newer and refurbished Optimus V)
    -Wifi tweaks from Xionia kernel
    -Keyswap applied, no need to flash a new keyfile. (without this home and menu keys are reversed)

Download MD5: e6edb92df8c9e78da2158d24c6d34453

Edit: I forgot to properly sign the zip. To install you will need to toggle off signature verification. This will be fixed in my next release.
    09-04-2011 06:10 PM
    SNIP...

This ROM is essentially just IHO-Purity with the Xionia kernel. To prevent confusion I'm going to be calling it IHO-Purity-X

Sooo....

Annoncing IHO-Purity-X

Changes from IHO-Purity:
    -Replaced IHO kernel with Xionia kernel (this fixes the black screen on newer and refurbished Optimus V)
    -Wifi tweaks from Xionia kernel
    -Keyswap applied, no need to flash a new keyfile. (without this home and menu keys are reversed)

Download MD5: e6edb92df8c9e78da2158d24c6d34453

hope you don't mind, I linked to this in the black screen fix thread. thanks!
    EmuZombie likes this.
    09-04-2011 06:44 PM
    hope you don't mind, I linked to this in the black screen fix thread. thanks!
    Not a problem.
    09-04-2011 08:28 PM
    What is the default for the Allow purging of assets setting?

Is it checked or unchecked?
    09-04-2011 09:44 PM
    I believe they are disabled by default, based on the status of my phone. I cannot remember ever having changed that setting, so I'm pretty sure it's disabled (I could be wrong)
    09-04-2011 10:35 PM
    I believe they are disabled by default, based on the status of my phone. I cannot remember ever having changed that setting, so I'm pretty sure it's disabled (I could be wrong)
    You are correct.
    09-04-2011 10:46 PM
    Anyone have any idea when Kernel.org will be back up. I finally got my server/build system upgrades and back up and running, and now this. AHHHHHHH.
    09-04-2011 10:51 PM
    Which version of IHO has the least bugs. I am currently running Jerry's one from august 27. I am getting reboots when launching camera, wifi and data sometimes keeps turning off by itself and restarting the phone only helps, and quite a few more other bugs. I am wondering what would be the best ROM with least glitches and runs the best with best battery.
    09-05-2011 02:35 AM
    Which version of IHO has the least bugs. I am currently running Jerry's one from august 27. I am getting reboots when launching camera, wifi and data sometimes keeps turning off by itself and restarting the phone only helps, and quite a few more other bugs. I am wondering what would be the best ROM with least glitches and runs the best with best battery.
    You are right about the bugs I'm getting them on Jerry's 08312011 Latest Build.
    but you cant Beat the Battery Life

09-05-2011 11:29 AM
    where is vortex ????
    09-05-2011 12:58 PM
    where is vortex ????
    I think blarf needs some files from that phone to do the port.
    09-05-2011 02:53 PM
    What does he need? can i help. I REALLY WANT IT FOR VORTEX
    09-05-2011 03:05 PM
    Im rooted and custom recovery and ready to test..
    09-05-2011 03:05 PM
    Send him a PM over at XDA, Blarfiejandro, he can tell you what is needed.
    09-05-2011 03:17 PM
    i know a few people who want this for the vortex and optimus M as well.
    09-05-2011 04:26 PM
    i know a few people who want this for the vortex and optimus M as well.
    This page has a M rom listed. https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary
    09-05-2011 04:37 PM
    Just to close the loop, I posted a few pages back that I'd tried to upgrade from a previous version and my A2SD setup didn't work. Restored from backup and moved on. Had time today so fresh backups and tried again. Went fine this time. Not sure what happened the first time.

Well one app (Automateit Pro) got borked, but that appears to be a problem with how that app stores things not directly related to the upgrade process.
    JerryScript likes this.
    09-05-2011 05:54 PM
    i just put this rom on my phone after using Harmonia 1.3.1 for some time. This Rom Is TUFF!!!
    JerryScript likes this.
    09-05-2011 08:19 PM
    i just put this rom on my phone after using Harmonia 1.3.1 for some time. This Rom Is TUFF!!!
    IMHO, It is the best thing out there! Thanks Team IHO for the dedication and work put into this!!
    JerryScript likes this.
    09-05-2011 09:49 PM
    My stock keyboard force closed and now it is super laggy. Has anyone experienced this? I am hoping someone has and perhaps fixed it with out wiping.
    09-06-2011 12:34 PM
    I have a question I hope you all don't mind having to re-answer. This thread had 512 pages don't really want to read them all. Alright supersquid helped me fix the problem I had when i tried to install harmonia. I have a refurbished optimus running on old S parts [he said] and it is froyo 2.2 instead of 2.1. He had said i need to install anykernal and swap key after installing any roms so i don't get a blank screen so my question is this...

I cleared everything and installed this mod, all 3 parts, then flashed anykernel, and key swap. I then rebooted and it was blank so it didn't work. I have for right now switched back to harmonia successfully because i have to go to work soon and need the phone to work but I guess my question is how do i install this rom on my refurbished optimus v with S parts running 2.2 and get it to display right. If you need more information let me know...
    09-06-2011 05:01 PM
    For some reason, i can not get a uot.zip to flash, i am using the current backsidde, i have tried 3 different recoveries, fresh install of the rom first, i have cooked 3 times in the kitchen using the current systemui and framework,res i have never had problems before, anyone else having issues? I just get stuck in a bootloop
    09-06-2011 05:30 PM
    I have a question I hope you all don't mind having to re-answer. This thread had 512 pages don't really want to read them all. Alright supersquid helped me fix the problem I had when i tried to install harmonia. I have a refurbished optimus running on old S parts [he said] and it is froyo 2.2 instead of 2.1. He had said i need to install anykernal and swap key after installing any roms so i don't get a blank screen so my question is this...

I cleared everything and installed this mod, all 3 parts, then flashed anykernel, and key swap. I then rebooted and it was blank so it didn't work. I have for right now switched back to harmonia successfully because i have to go to work soon and need the phone to work but I guess my question is how do i install this rom on my refurbished optimus v with S parts running 2.2 and get it to display right. If you need more information let me know...
    Goto the wiki and first make sure you have flashed a recommended recovery. I have been using 3.2.0.1 Clockwork recovery without any problem. You can just download Clockworkmod Rom Manager from the market and let it flash the 3.2.0.1 recovery for you. I did this several times and it is the easiest way I know.

In the second step, download EmuZombie's build with Xionia kernel to SD card. Then boot to the recovery and flash it after a full wipe as described in the wiki. That should be all needed.
    09-06-2011 05:36 PM
    For some reason, i can not get a uot.zip to flash, i am using the current backsidde, i have tried 3 different recoveries, fresh install of the rom first, i have cooked 3 times in the kitchen using the current systemui and framework,res i have never had problems before, anyone else having issues? I just get stuck in a bootloop
    Did you try replacing the update binary in the UOT zip file with META-INF\com\google\android\update-binary in one of the ROM zip files? That helped me before.
    09-06-2011 05:41 PM
6,009 ... 6162636465 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD