09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 6667686970 ...
tools
    @Jerry: and you did this on the OV?

EDIT: Never mind.........
    His device is the Ov
    09-14-2011 11:40 PM
    His device is the Ov
    I know. I realized what I had asked and then edited.
    09-14-2011 11:42 PM
    This is good news, but don't expect much for awhile yet. We are still waiting for kernel.org to come back online, so for now it would be mostly zip packaging and scripting to get anything to work. Once Blarf has time to look at the S kernel and the OTA package, we'll see what may come of this.

Edit: Hopefully all CM7 builds in the future can work with all versions of screens being sold by LG these days
    09-15-2011 12:13 AM
    This news has got me rockin back in forth in my chair, scratching myself for no reason and staring at my boot animation with the urge to flash something without wipeing quick style... thanks jerry blarf and friends.
    09-15-2011 12:51 AM
    I'm on BobZ. I'm getting the white flashes at the green circle bootanimation. I did a fresh install, wiped everything. Using Koush Recovery.
    09-15-2011 01:00 AM
    This is all exciting right now, but only for a month or so. Once the devs get a hold of IceCream Sandwich comes out we will all be enjoying the NEWEST treats.
    09-15-2011 01:09 AM
    Will having the new update for sprint help I.H.O. be able to be off when charging? It would be nice to be a le to leave the phone off while charging.
    09-15-2011 03:39 AM
    That's a CM7 issue, not IHO or Gingerbread afaik.
    09-15-2011 04:13 AM
    I was under the impression that we needed something from the stock Gingerbread that was proprietary to enable powered down charging.

Too bad I guess.
    09-15-2011 09:30 AM
    I've got the 8/31 BACKside build running at the moment and am in general quite happy with it. Two questions:

1. How can I uninstall the Green Machine theme, short of wiping and reflashing?

2. Is it normal for the Portable Wi-Fi hotspot to drain about 2% of the battery per half hour, even while the phone is plugged in?

3. (More important) Has anyone had problems with this ROM doing USB tethering? I tried it for the first time today:
    -connected USB
    -settings / wireless and networks / tethering and portable hotspot
    -Ticked the box for USB Tethering.
    -The phone says "tethered" for about a second, then shows me "USB Not Connected" and unchecks the Tethering option. It then reverts back to "USB Connected, check to tether".

Has anyone encountered this and/or managed to resolve it? I've got a "tetherxp.inf" for my WinXP box, but the system can't seem to recognize it as valid drivers - not sure if that's related or not.
    09-15-2011 11:14 AM
    The only way to remove the green machine theme is to reflash the ROM, you just have to wipe cache/dalvik.

WiFi hotspot should definitely be draining your battery, that's pretty good results you are getting, after all, you're turning your phone into a wireless router that has to broadcast a signal.

I have never tried USB tethering, but there are reports of it being buggy.
    09-15-2011 12:58 PM
    Could you make a zip file with tweaks for this i cant get any to work
    09-15-2011 01:29 PM
    I am installing JerryScript's latest build, but I get this error when trying to flash it.

E:Wrong digets:
    META-INF /com/google/android/updater-script
    E:signature verification failed
    Installation aborted

I tried even reformatting, resetting, and I flashed that .zip file to clean everything up.

What is odd, is when I reboot, it run the ROM like it worked. I am thinking it is somehow loading the older JerryScript build. How would I find out which build is being ran in the phone?

EDIT: Now it is just sitting at the I.H.O main screen when booting up.

Sounds like a bad download, did you try checking the md5 value?

The MD5 value is the same. I have tried redownloading it like 3 times. I tried putting the files on the phone via cable and wireless. I don't get whats wrong.

Could it be because I have Xionia CWMA v1.2518.6 recovery?
    09-15-2011 01:46 PM
    The only way to remove the green machine theme is to reflash the ROM, you just have to wipe cache/dalvik.

WiFi hotspot should definitely be draining your battery, that's pretty good results you are getting, after all, you're turning your phone into a wireless router that has to broadcast a signal.

I have never tried USB tethering, but there are reports of it being buggy.
    It is "normal" for a phone plugged in and charging to still drain 2% per hour from wifi hotspot to me sounds crazy unless ur using a different cable/power source that isn't supplying enough power. For me with the standard charging cable it doesn't drain at all while plugged in but doesn't really charge much either.
    09-15-2011 01:50 PM
    Oops, missed the while plugged in part.
    09-15-2011 02:13 PM
    The MD5 value is the same. I have tried redownloading it like 3 times. I tried putting the files on the phone via cable and wireless. I don't get whats wrong.

It could be Xionia...6 as an issue, most Optimus V users use .4, and I have had to help at least one person who could not get things to work with .6

There have also been multiple reports of people having issues with xionia and IHO, however I have used xionia...4 on multiple occaisions with different IHO builds, and never had a problem.

If you have a good download, a good recovery, do a full wipe/format and then flash, and you still have these issues, then the only remaining issue I could imagine would be a bad sdcard.
    Glenar likes this.
    09-15-2011 02:16 PM

Jerry covered it but I would ditch xionia for the IHO and see if that works.
    Honestly most of the time the recovery is the issue with not installing.
    09-15-2011 02:41 PM
    I have to say thanks for this forum and the build of Backside IHO. This was the first time I ever rooted a phone and flashed one as well. I am some what of a noob to this but not to the theory of it. I couldn't imagine myself doing it with the instructions given without reading another forum on AndroidCentral on how to install CM7 here --> /optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/108282-how-simplified-root-recovery-custom-rom (this is my 1st post so I can't paste the link ...just add this with .html at the end.)

Even though that forum helped me a lot I still made a mistake. When it asked to reboot into recovery I didn't know that I could do it through the clockworkmod recovery reboot setting. It also hurt me because it didn't clearly state that you have to go into the rom manager after installed and click 'Flash clockworkmod recovery' for it to work when you reboot. I ended up rebooting from the off position by using the power, down volume, and home key on my VM LG Optimus V. And when the recovery came up I didn't know it was the stock recovery and not the clockworkmod recovery and erased all of my app information.

Regardless of the above I managed to go back and flash clockworkmod and then make another mistake. I flashed gapps.apk before the backside IHO ....so when it booted it would just freeze at the bootup anim. I ended up doing a factory reset and then flashing backside then the gapps and now it works.

First impressions is that it does seem to be quicker, battery drain is off the charts, and the keyboard is really really small but I do like the fact that I can choose where in a text message I would like to start and delete text ...before android I would after to go all the way at the end of a text to fix a mistake. Like I said this is my first root and rom flash. And if it wasn't for this forum and the above How-To simplified link above, I may have delayed this upgrade. So thanks a bunch!!!
    JerryScript likes this.
    09-15-2011 04:29 PM
    It could be Xionia...6 as an issue, most Optimus V users use .4, and I have had to help at least one person who could not get things to work with .6

There have also been multiple reports of people having issues with xionia and IHO, however I have used xionia...4 on multiple occaisions with different IHO builds, and never had a problem.

If you have a good download, a good recovery, do a full wipe/format and then flash, and you still have these issues, then the only remaining issue I could imagine would be a bad sdcard.
    I will have to switch recoverys then and try it. I just don't get why the earlier version worked, but not this one.
    09-15-2011 07:01 PM
    I have new build https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...rc/wiki/Binary

Changelog

09-15-11:

1) Sync'd up with CM
    2) Kernel v2: Changed to: https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...mits/VM670-IHO

Please don't thank me, instead donate to Blarf for all the great work he has done.

Enjoy!
    JerryScript, aznkaz and twin prime like this.
    09-16-2011 08:19 AM
    Does Blarf's v2 kernel work with both type of screens?
    09-16-2011 08:37 AM
    Does Blarf's v2 kernel work with both type of screens?
    Yep
    JerryScript likes this.
    09-16-2011 03:18 PM
    I have been using jerrys 8/31 build with nothing going wrong, them today for some reason link 2sd wool no longer create link anymore. It says the file system is read only, can anybody help
    09-16-2011 07:27 PM
    I have been using jerrys 8/31 build with nothing going wrong, them today for some reason link 2sd wool no longer create link anymore. It says the file system is read only, can anybody help
    Did you try running the script again? If you do run it, does it say enabled?

I tried links2sd once, too much of a pita when you flash new ROMs daily.
    09-16-2011 11:30 PM
    I have new build https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...rc/wiki/Binary

Changelog

09-15-11:

1) Sync'd up with CM
    2) Kernel v2: Changed to: https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga...mits/VM670-IHO

Please don't thank me, instead donate to Blarf for all the great work he has done.

Enjoy!
    Ever since I loaded the 9/13/11 build the Darktremor Apps2SD won't move the dalvik cache to the ext partition.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    09-16-2011 11:39 PM
6,009 ... 6667686970 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD