09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 6970717273 ...
tools
    How do I get Swype to work?
    09-19-2011 06:02 AM
    Google Swype Beta, go to the site, sign up, download the apk per their instructions, launch it, install, go to settings>>keyboards check swype.
    09-19-2011 06:36 AM
    New buid up, lots of changes over the weekend, should only need to wipe cache/dalvik

-- Changed wifi supplicant scan interval to 60 to save battery, if it gives you issues, you can change in in the build.prop file
    -- Changed to BobZhome's kernel, lots of tweaks, all screen should work now
    -- Edited build.prop to reflect changes in OV2.2.2 and OS-ZVH versions
    -- Added supercharger settings and other tweaks to build.prop
    -- Center clock in status bar, thanks to Drew
    -- Removed trackball settings, never could find it on my phone
    -- Added extra camera button settings
    -- Added Build ID to Device info menu, with a thanks to Blarf (find it)

I recomend flashing gapps after flashing my builds, it's usually necessary due to my build/sign process.

Do not use previous Green Machine Theme's with this build, I'll have a new theme version up by the end of the day, so long as UOT Kitchen is back up.

BACKside-IHO-VM670-09192011-signed.zip
    mrg666 and twin prime like this.
    09-19-2011 08:39 AM
    The forum doesn't support changing a title after it's posted, and only the original poster may change the contents of the original post, and since mmarz is not active here anymore, his guide is outdated. Complain to the moderators of this forum to allow changing titles & unsticky threads that are out of date.
    God I wish it was that easy.

We still have unsupported roms getting dug up out of the graveyard and because the mods will not lock the thread and burn it in fire we have people asking questions about said rom.

If you see my post in one of those threads like and thank the post if I start getting tons of likes and thanks hopefully the mods will wonder why and look into it. They can revert them back if they so desire but hopefully it will get those threads taken out of the mix.
    09-19-2011 08:50 AM
    Still pretty new at this. I've never updated to a new version of a ROM yet. Can you flash this over the last version and keep all your apps and settings, or does it have to be setup like a fresh ROM?

Sent via VM670
    plantucha likes this.
    09-19-2011 09:22 AM
    The forum doesn't support changing a title after it's posted, and only the original poster may change the contents of the original post, and since mmarz is not active here anymore, his guide is outdated. Complain to the moderators of this forum to allow changing titles & unsticky threads that are out of date.
    Dear Sir, thanks for your hard work and putting together your guide. For me, the ROM Manager method would consistently fail. Tried a couple ways and I think I got it to work using Terminal Emulator. I ended up doing a Factory Reset and I still don't think all is well. Got it to finally boot into the IHO recovery mode and am now trying to do the backup. It seems to be stuck on the logo thing? Don't know how long to leave it on that screen before I can expect it to do something? Was thinking I would get a menu next asking me if I want to do a backup or restore, instead I got the hat with the gold circle and it is stuck there.

Thanks again!
    09-19-2011 09:24 AM
    Jerry, you're awesome. Your build is the only IHO I've used.
    I flashed todays build, and, so far so good.
    It took about 15 mins to load my SD and all my apps (it was extremely lagging during that process) but afterwards, its fine.
    Loving it so far.
    Oh and the clock being in the middle, is a bit weird. When i receive texts, i cant read them because the clock and message content are overlapping each other in my notification bar.
    JerryScript likes this.
    09-19-2011 11:01 AM
    But really, besides that, i haven't had any problems.
    09-19-2011 11:02 AM
    New buid up, lots of changes over the weekend, should only need to wipe cache/dalvik
    Well, happy birthday to ME!

Keep up the good work!
    09-19-2011 11:22 AM
    Can someone post a screenshot of the clock in the middle? I'm curious as to how it looks.

Sent via VM670
    09-19-2011 11:31 AM
    Can someone post a screenshot of the clock in the middle? I'm curious as to how it looks.

Sent via VM670
    This.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk
    09-19-2011 11:45 AM
    Ill upload one from home. Within 30 mins.
    i cant figure out how to upload one from my V
    lol
    09-19-2011 11:46 AM
    here is a pic
    09-19-2011 12:03 PM
    here is a pic
    Love that theme. What is it?

pbailey212 likes this.
    09-19-2011 12:07 PM
    Love that theme. What is it?

its just go launcher with a fancy widget clock, I just changed the market icon to a blue one to match. it looks better after I change the notification bar in UOT.
    09-19-2011 12:10 PM
    I have uploaded the 09192011 build to the Wiki.
    - BobZhome's v3 kernel has replaced the standard IHO kernel. Thanks Bob!
    - Framework updates from CM manually applied to IHO repo.
    - CM sync as usual
    - disabled ip-renewal service
    - removed development.apk
    - removed CMUpdateNotify.apk and CMstats.apk since I don't think IHO will ever be an official part of CM (and it is fine). There is no need to run these services in the background.

Flashed on my phone and working fine so far. FYI, I also uninstall Email.apk (-> K9-mail), Music.apk (-> Music from Market), and Gallery3d.apk (-> QuickPic from Market) for my own use. You can uninstall these system apps using Titanium.

Also updated the transparency theme in the Wiki.

Please thank Blarf, Bob, and Jerry.

WARNING: Smartass governor is not working in this new kernel, you can use interactive instead.
    JerryScript and ejlmd like this.
    09-19-2011 12:21 PM
    Dear Sir, thanks for your hard work and putting together your guide. For me, the ROM Manager method would consistently fail. Tried a couple ways and I think I got it to work using Terminal Emulator. I ended up doing a Factory Reset and I still don't think all is well. Got it to finally boot into the IHO recovery mode and am now trying to do the backup. It seems to be stuck on the logo thing? Don't know how long to leave it on that screen before I can expect it to do something? Was thinking I would get a menu next asking me if I want to do a backup or restore, instead I got the hat with the gold circle and it is stuck there.

Thanks again!
    you did a factory reset through the phone settings? every single thread on installing custom roms say DO NOT DO THAT. if you really want to install custom roms on your phone, you really have to read all directions when doing this. here try this

http://forums.androidcentral.com/opt...ory-reset.html
    09-19-2011 12:28 PM
    ok backside rom is the time suppose to be centered in the status bar or do i have a mess up? lmao
    09-19-2011 03:21 PM
    ok backside rom is the time suppose to be centered in the status bar or do i have a mess up? lmao
    it's supposed to be there, as of the latest build.
    09-19-2011 03:49 PM
    it's supposed to be there, as of the latest build.
    Not on mine.... I just updated/loaded it last night. Says "Virgin Mobile".

sent from my Brilliant Corners with Clemsyn Kernal Gtablet using Tapatalk
    09-19-2011 06:33 PM
    Not on mine.... I just updated/loaded it last night. Says "Virgin Mobile".

In the middle of the status bar?

Sent via VM670
    09-19-2011 07:17 PM
    Loving the middle clock!

09-19-2011 08:35 PM
    In the middle of the status bar?

Sent via VM670
    Not for me. The clock is on the right. Let me flash it again and check.

My bad... apparently my ROM was 3 days behind. Lol. Should be up to date now.

09-19-2011 09:22 PM
    would running this on blarfs recovery vs cwma make much if any difference? I've only used cwma wondering if with a different kernel I could maybe get a bit higher OC too.

Will probably update to the newest rom tonight, love the previous build.
    09-19-2011 11:19 PM
    Still pretty new at this. I've never updated to a new version of a ROM yet. Can you flash this over the last version and keep all your apps and settings, or does it have to be setup like a fresh ROM?

Sent via VM670
    Never got an answer on this one. Thanks.

Sent via VM670
    09-19-2011 11:52 PM
6,009 ... 6970717273 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD