09-22-2015 01:20 PM
6,009 ... 7374757677 ...
tools
    My last question was about ROMS and virtually every other message has been in regards to issues regarding the ROM. Sure, I am mixed in some general questions, but I wouldn't be participating in this thread if I wasn't switching to this ROM and the problems and issues related to this ROM.

I will try to limit myself to things specific to this ROM, like my last question regarding switching from one version of the ROM to another.

Even the comment about Market relates to this ROM, as it was only in reference to this ROM did I ever read anything about how to install Market items, so here again, I even thought that question was related to this ROM.

I think your comment was uncalled for just because you don't think my questions are related. If you can't see the link between my questions and the ROM, then you might want to ask what the link is before you start ripping me for asking unrelated questions. as far as I am concerned, both of my last questions and 95% of what I have written here were in regards to this ROM. I wouldn't be writing anything at all in this topic if I wasn't having these ROM related problems.

My apologies to anyone else who thinks my questions are unrelated to the topic and I will try to make sure my questions are only ROM related, but what is related is something we all ascertain one way or another, as in this case.
    Nobody's ripping you, this thread is alreado overcrowded, and alot of it is partitioning/market/rooting/ etc. That's been asked and answered multiple times and is more general discussion, which makes it impossible for people to find answers pertaining the rom its self, use the search feature first, with almost 200 pages on this rom alone, I'm sure your questions have been answered before. We aren't trying to be mean, this thread just needs to be decluttered
    09-22-2011 10:11 AM
    I know it was disabled but I suggest building a special ROM with factory reset in privacy settings just for absolutely needed cases like this
    jetteye and kcls like this.
    09-22-2011 10:17 AM
    I wanna give a big thank you to blarf and JerryScript for all the hard work on this. I have been using it for about a week now and it runs very smooth! Thank you to all who contributed, I know there were more that helped put this out there
    JerryScript likes this.
    09-22-2011 11:28 AM
    What did adding supercharger settings to the build.prop do? Is there a setting button somewhere, JerryScript ?
    The settings are built in, but just a few of them. To get the full supercharger effect, you still need to run it's script after each rom flash.
    09-22-2011 11:31 AM
    Apologies if this is a repost question (i couldn't find the same issue) but I've been using this rom for about a month and a half now(and its wonderful, I'd like to extend my thanks to everyone who worked on it), also use groove ip, now my problem isn't the problem listed under the known bugs, I can make and receive phone calls using groove ip, but sometimes it just disconnects while phone is idle(it didn't do this while phone was still stock), and I have my wifi set to never sleep, is there some other setting I missed somewhere or is this a bug manifesting itself in another way? Other than that everything else i use it for runs flawlessly and thanks again for all the hard work.
    09-22-2011 01:07 PM
    Sorry, Jerry, didn't fix the problem. The clock still overlays the notifications...
    Same here.
    09-22-2011 06:18 PM
    I have uploaded the 09222011 build to the Wiki. This build comes with kernel v3.1, thanks to BobZhome, which adds two new governors (SmartassV2 and InteractiveX). I have also synced with CM. Besides several minor changes, there is a six-channel equalizer in DSP and a new striped Camera background. Everything seems to be fine after my testing. Enjoy!
    BobZhome likes this.
    09-22-2011 08:12 PM
    I have uploaded the 09222011 build to the Wiki. This build comes with kernel v3.1, thanks to BobZhome, which adds two new governors (SmartassV2 and InteractiveX). I have also synced with CM. Besides several minor changes, there is a six-channel equalizer in DSP and a new striped Camera background. Everything seems to be fine after my testing. Enjoy!
    whats the difference in governors?
    09-22-2011 08:51 PM
    whats the difference in governors?
    Please see the thread below.
    [Q] SetCPU governors (explained) - xda-developers

In short, interactive is the most responsive among the CPU governors. Smartass takes interactive and adds more intelligent frequency management to save battery. I recommend you to try both and decide yourself. I can't see much difference between them regarding responsiveness and battery life.

BobZhome might add to this.
    09-22-2011 09:10 PM
    I'm not sure why it is happening, but lately when i flash any IHO build, with the gapps zip, i reboot the phone, but the market is not installed. I have IHO recovery currently flashed. I don't understand what is going on.
    09-22-2011 10:31 PM
    I have flashed jerry's 9192011.. I noticed that my battery does not last as long compared to jerry's last rom... What is supercharger? Am i suppose to activate it or something?
    09-23-2011 12:11 AM
    I have flashed jerry's 9192011.. I noticed that my battery does not last as long compared to jerry's last rom... What is supercharger? Am i suppose to activate it or something?
    I am actually noticing fairly bad battery also, im not convinced its the rom, it could be something on my end, I'm going to revert back and for a couple days to see if we can figure out if its rom or user
    09-23-2011 12:25 AM
    I'm not sure why it is happening, but lately when i flash any IHO build, with the gapps zip, i reboot the phone, but the market is not installed. I have IHO recovery currently flashed. I don't understand what is going on.
    I just upgraded my IHO version and am encountering the same problem as you.
    09-23-2011 12:25 AM
    Same. Perhaps its the new kernels?
    09-23-2011 03:17 AM
    hi, i need help with my sdext partition and link2sd. i upgraded to mrg666's build and link2sd is giving me an error that it was unable to mount my ext3.

is there an easy fix for this? when i went back to my backup of Jerry's build, i now have the same problem and i'm unable to access any of the apps on my sdext.

thanks!
    09-23-2011 05:12 AM
    Please see the thread below.
    [Q] SetCPU governors (explained) - xda-developers

In short, interactive is the most responsive among the CPU governors. Smartass takes interactive and adds more intelligent frequency management to save battery. I recommend you to try both and decide yourself. I can't see much difference between them regarding responsiveness and battery life.

BobZhome might add to this.
    i meant what is the different in the new governors, interactive X and smartassV2. what makes them better?
    09-23-2011 05:13 AM
    i meant what is the different in the new governors, interactive X and smartassV2. what makes them better?
    Smartassv2 is a rewrite of the older smartass and it is supposedly more efficient in battery life. InteractiveX adds locking the CPU at the minimum frequency when the screen is off to improve battery life. This is all I know.
    09-23-2011 05:43 AM
    For those that are having issues with market not showing up after flashing Gapps, can you do a quick test?

Test 1:
    1) Backup your current ROM
    2) Wipe/format everything EXCEPT SDcard
    3) Flash ROM
    4) Flash my custom Gapps: gapps-gb-20110613-BobZ.zip
    5) Reboot
    See if market shows up...

Test 2:
    1) Reboot into recovery
    3) Flash ROM
    4) Flash Gapps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110613-signed.zip
    5) Reboot

Test 3:
    1) Reboot into recovery
    3) Flash ROM
    4) Flash Newest Gapps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip
    5) Reboot

Please post results as:
    1) Custom Gapps - "works" or "does not work"
    2) Gapps - "works" or "does not work"
    3) Newest Gapps - "works" or "does not work"
    Then any comments...

Thanks for testing,
    Bob
    bkwright87 likes this.
    09-23-2011 05:49 AM
    Will I be able to do this as an update, or will I have to do a full reinstall?

I have never attempted an update before, I know the process, thought to give it a try.

Sent from my LG Optimus-V using Tapatalk
    09-23-2011 06:26 AM
    hi, i need help with my sdext partition and link2sd. i upgraded to mrg666's build and link2sd is giving me an error that it was unable to mount my ext3.

is there an easy fix for this? when i went back to my backup of Jerry's build, i now have the same problem and i'm unable to access any of the apps on my sdext.

thanks!
    so after doing some more reading, i'm getting the feeling that i shouldn't have wiped data when switching from Backside to mrg666. that must be why i'm getting the mounting error. does anyone know if i can recover anything on the sdext3? what steps can i take to get things back to normal?
    09-23-2011 06:55 AM
    Same here.
    Yep. Sorry Jerry, clock overlay fix didn't work.
    09-23-2011 06:58 AM
    so after doing some more reading, i'm getting the feeling that i shouldn't have wiped data when switching from Backside to mrg666. that must be why i'm getting the mounting error. does anyone know if i can recover anything on the sdext3? what steps can i take to get things back to normal?
    Did your ext3 work before? Clearing data wont mess with your partition. Try uninstalling and reinstalling link2sd
    09-23-2011 07:06 AM
    Did your ext3 work before? Clearing data wont mess with your partition. Try uninstalling and reinstalling link2sd
    thanks, i'll try that because yes, the ext3 worked great before!

edit. same error:

Mount script cannot be create.

mount: mounting /dev/block/vold/179:2 on /data/sdext2 failed: Invalid argument
    09-23-2011 07:08 AM
    I just flashed the 0919 build a couple of days ago and my battery life is better than any rom that I have ever tried including previous IHO builds and Harminia.
    09-23-2011 07:47 AM
    Battery life seems worse on 0922 Mirage than on previous builds.
    09-23-2011 08:27 AM
6,009 ... 7374757677 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD