09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Actually what would be more useful is the output of dmesg. (adb shell dmesg).

Edit: And this is irrelevant unless you're running the latest build w/ kernel 53 as I believe I've fixed the problem.
    07-23-2011 12:06 AM
    Actually what would be more useful is the output of dmesg. (adb shell dmesg).

Edit: And this is irrelevant unless you're running the latest build w/ kernel 53 as I believe I've fixed the problem.
    I am running your latest #53
    07-23-2011 12:14 AM
    I am running your latest #53
    Okay. Put up dmesg output somewhere.

What recovery are you using?
    Did you do a full wipe before installing?
    How much stuff do you have running in the background?
    How are you charging the phone (wall charger? OE or aftermarket? computer? powered usb hub connected to computer? LG cable? Motorola cable? Other cable?)?
    07-23-2011 12:41 AM
    Hows the battery life compared to bumblebee?
    07-23-2011 01:18 AM
    Hows the battery life compared to bumblebee?
    I don't think any ROM compares to BB or Harmonia's battery life. This is CyanogenMod Gingerbread, so it has lots of extras which can lead to wildly varying results on battery life. It all depends upon how you use it.

Blarf is working on a better process scheduler, but that will take some time to work out.

(bfq?)
    07-23-2011 01:23 AM
    Nah, just changing the CFS parameters either back to stock or closer to stock. They're super aggressive right now. Or... hmm. Yeah, okay.

If you're seeing poor battery life try the ondemand governor instead. Interactive is very, very quick to ramp up to full speed especially with live wallpaper. At 245-600MHz interactive would go back and forth between 245 and 600MHz, spending a lot of time at 600MHz. So far ondemand has settled on 320MHz and kinda camped out there. If it remains responsive enough, I'll probably change the default governor (back) to ondemand and maybe include smartass at some point.

As always charge your battery and reset battery stats before making any meaningful comparisons.
    07-23-2011 02:10 AM
    I read somewhere that deleting battery stats does more harm than good.

Edit: The Truth Behind “Battery Re-Calibration”
    07-23-2011 02:33 AM
    I read somewhere that deleting battery stats does more harm than good.

Edit: The Truth Behind Battery Re-Calibration
    Right. Don't drain your battery. Remove the calibration. *shrug*
    07-23-2011 02:48 AM
    While I have seen evidence on my phone of this being somewhat true, the article doesn't take into account the way the log system works. If you wipe battery stats while fully charged and plugged in, then reboot, and then unplug, you will be starting from scratch with a fresh slate. This can be both good and bad. Bad as mentioned above, but it can also help if something corrupts the log file. Things like FCs or system crashes when the log file is being written to are the most obvious examples, there are others.

Here's an example of what the article mentioned, how your battery may not be used as efficiently as possible the first couple of charge/discharge cycles. This screenshot was taken at the end of a day of battery testing with the popular charge/wipe_stats/reboot/unplug method, the phone has no idea how fast it is using up the battery's capacity on this first discharge cycle:

Here's my battery results today, I flashed the latest build this morning, did not wipe battery stats, tested a bit, then put in a freshly charged stock battery (I have three batteries, so I always have a fully charged one handy). I used it as usual for most of the day, checking dozens of emails and texts, a couple dozen webpages, a bit of paper airplane 3d, one 6 minute youtube video, then in the evening I had a single phone call of over 40 minutes with over an hour total on the phone. I have two email accounts syncing, and 8 widgets running 6 of which grab data from the internet, wifi off while away from home and on at home with 3g off, screen brightness adjusted as needed but mostly dim. After 17 hours I still have 25% left, which equals a full day, not too bad.

07-23-2011 03:23 AM
    Okay. Put up dmesg output somewhere.

What recovery are you using?
    Did you do a full wipe before installing?
    How much stuff do you have running in the background?
    How are you charging the phone (wall charger? OE or aftermarket? computer? powered usb hub connected to computer? LG cable? Motorola cable? Other cable?)?
    I'm using xionia cwma 1.2518.6
    Yes I did a full wipe b4 install. Several times.
    In my previous post I outlined how I'm charging. LG cable in both instances. Stock wall charger.
    Phone was in airplane mode in each case. I do have several widgets, sync was on, no live wallpaper.
    Actually the rom gets great battery life once I fully charge it. Comparable even to BB in my normal daily use.

Here is the dmesg output while plugged into a/c. Airplane mode was on. Got this using terminal emulator.
    dmesg - Pastebin.com

07-23-2011 02:02 PM
    What are the known bugs still? Is it worth moving to this from ath3nos YET?
    07-23-2011 03:45 PM
    Just installed this, I noticed that Wifi tethering isn't working with latest 20110722 Backside build with kernel #53. My windows 7 64-bit PC connects, but says it has limited internet access, and can't connect to any sites, checked I can reach sites from the phone (also wifi tethering worked with my stock OV ROM that I came from using the Quick Settings app). Tried WPA and open security, made no difference.

With USB tethering, when I press the toggle, it says tethering enabled, but then disconnects right away. I captured the logcat for these activities using terminal emulator to see if they reveal anything.

Wifi tether logcat:
    wifiteth.log - Pastebin.com

USB tether logcat:
    usbteth.log - Pastebin.com

Update: Everything else seems to run smoothly (even the built-in VoiP feature with my sipgate account.) Thanks for the good work!

UPDATE: Wifi tethering is working all of a sudden, just turned it off, changed SSID & in the process of investigating things it works now without a reboot.
    07-23-2011 03:51 PM
    Thanks for the logcats, hopefully they will give us a clue.
    07-23-2011 04:55 PM
    Just installed this, I noticed that Wifi tethering isn't working with latest 20110722 Backside build with kernel #53. My windows 7 64-bit PC connects, but says it has limited internet access, and can't connect to any sites, checked I can reach sites from the phone (also wifi tethering worked with my stock OV ROM that I came from using the Quick Settings app). Tried WPA and open security, made no difference.

With USB tethering, when I press the toggle, it says tethering enabled, but then disconnects right away. I captured the logcat for these activities using terminal emulator to see if they reveal anything.

Wifi tether logcat:

USB tether logcat:
    I've fixed USB tethering for XP. You'll need the LG Android drivers and then my tethering driver from here (install before enabling tethering mode):

https://github.com/inferiorhumanorga.../VM670/Windows

And then you'll need a build that's not out yet. And kernel I've not committed yet (but the source has been committed...). Mostly you'll need the kernel (which you can work into an AnyKernel template and then apply on top of whatever build if you're super desperate.

And then you may or may not need to play with it a few times as it might time out while you properly pair the device to the driver. And then I need to check to see if one of the uncommitted changes I've made is actually helping make this a more reliable affair.

As for WiFi tethering, I'll look into it next week.
    Whyzor and notown like this.
    07-23-2011 05:00 PM
    Later today I'll test tethering on my build.
    I should upload a build for testing to see if there's any difference.
    I don't seem to have as many issues with daily use on my build.
    07-23-2011 05:10 PM

Wifi tether logcat:

USB tether logcat:

Update: Everything else seems to run smoothly (even the built-in VoiP feature with my sipgate account.) Thanks for the good work!
    Wifi tether works for me with this build/kernel. I did have to initiate the connection 2x on the comp side, but it did connect and I was able to access the net. Win7Pro 32bit.
    07-23-2011 05:11 PM
    Later today I'll test tethering on my build.
    I should upload a build for testing to see if there's any difference.
    I don't seem to have as many issues with daily use on my build.
    Feel free to test, but I've figured out why things don't work when they don't work. It's just a matter of getting the changes all committed.
    07-23-2011 05:14 PM
    Thanks for the quick response. I can wait for the next build to test again. I don't use tethering often, it's just nice to have sometimes (esp. the wifi). Seems odd that it's not working for me but for others it is, I did wipe multiple times using Clockwork mod recovery before flashing and followed the instructions carefully. I came from the stock Optimus ROM.

UPDATE: My wifi-tethering is working now all of a sudden. all I did was keeping logcat open in terminal emulator, and on the PC, went to 'ipconfig /all' to see what I could find, and the wifi connect just works now. Maybe my PC was using out-of-date cached setting before (or someone has a better explanation?).
    07-23-2011 05:28 PM
    any luck fixing bluetooth?
    07-23-2011 05:46 PM
    any info on the new Xionia Redux Kernel being used with this rom?
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-...7232011-a.html

edit:
    Well after rereading the kernel post it says for use with this rom, but its in the optimus s forums, do i need to wait to flash this?
    07-23-2011 07:19 PM
    I'm using xionia cwma 1.2518.6

I originally used this recovery but had issues

with frequent updates to these new roms, trying this rom and that rom -
    i'd wipe everything, format directories, just in case, and used the 1.3 wiper zip and wiped again -
    yet after installing another rom, i would still have stuff appear from last install like wallpapers, status bar icons colors, etc

so i kinda gathered something was cleaning right.

i installed asop cwmod recovery and followed same above procedure and it seems this recovery cleans everything better... not sure if its just an "on my end" issue, but thats my 2 cents

maybe try this recovery? i think its the one recommended for cm7 roms, at least i remember reading that somewhere.
    07-23-2011 07:37 PM

edit:
    Well after rereading the kernel post it says for use with this rom, but its in the optimus s forums, do i need to wait to flash this?
    I use it and applied the key swap zip with no issues.
    arhtard likes this.
    07-23-2011 08:09 PM
    I know this isn't priority but I was hoping you could help me out. I want to assighn a different ringtone for my wife and other family members but when I do it just rings with the default tone anyway I was hoping you could take a look at it for us but no big hurry since its such a little thing
    07-23-2011 08:10 PM

edit:
    Blarf has been working for the past week on his kernel, now at v53. You might want to stick with this kerne since it is built specifically for the Optimus V. But, it doesn't take too long to flash a kernel, so why not try them both out?

I know this isn't priority but I was hoping you could help me out. I want to assighn a different ringtone for my wife and other family members but when I do it just rings with the default tone anyway I was hoping you could take a look at it for us but no big hurry since its such a little thing
    I've read bug reports on every CM7 ROM for the OV about this, not sure what causes it at this time. I'm guessing a conflict with a CM7 setting, but that's pure speculation. Perhaps you could try grabbing a logcat and dmesg while setting a custom ringtone, and set a custom ringtone to a phone you have handy and call yourself. Then post the logcat/dmesg to pastebin, or just attach here if that's too much trouble.
    arhtard likes this.
    07-23-2011 09:18 PM
    Wifi tether works for me with this build/kernel. I did have to initiate the connection 2x on the comp side, but it did connect and I was able to access the net. Win7Pro 32bit.
    Vista, 7, and OSX support CDC-ECM, which is what my latest kernel will present at (and I believe #53 is set this way too). XP only supports RNDIS. Unfortunately RNDIS is only supported as the first interface on a USB device (even then, no generic drivers... ugh).

So I have an INF file that will assign the VM670 USB IDs to the RNDIS driver up on githib. Install that, and XP, Vista, and 7 should all recognize the phone as a RNDIS device on the first try (with an as of yet unreleased kernel).

Works like magic on OSX tho.

I still have some not-kernel changes to double check that may aid in making this more reliable.

Edit: Oh, right. WiFi. Will get around to testing that again after I sort the USB stuff out.
    07-24-2011 12:42 AM
6,009 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD