09-22-2015 02:20 PM
6,009 ... 9091929394 ...
tools
    New build is up:

BACKside-IHO-VM670-10102011.zip
    md5 dbbd5e10de119c05bea52d29ddc1d6ff

GreenMachineTheme-10102011.zip

- manually pulled in several commits to CM7.
    - fix to lockscreen ring style animations (I did not pull in the arrow rings, don't like em)
    - a2dp audio interface
    - camera service ttf fix and video stabilization fix
    - super user updated
    - added new Music 4.0.1 apk
    - added option to center clock or leave on right
    - removed bootsound from package, will add zip to wiki to enable bootsounds

To change position of the status bar clock:
    settings>>cyanogenmod settings>>interface>>status bar tweaks>>center clock

You must have a Google Music Beta invite to use the online features of Music 4.0.1, they seem to work fine over wifi, haven't tried 3g yet.

Flash this zip file in recovery to activate bootsounds

As always, thanks to Blarf, BobZhome, mrg666, Whyzor, the CM team, and many more.
    10-10-2011 10:47 PM
    the 9/29 and 10/10 version of BobZ both do the same thing when I try to upgrade (I mentioned this earlier, but haven't heard any response). The install seems fine. Wipe cache + dalvik. Reboot gets to the 2nd LG logo, but that's it. ADB can't find the device.

I guess I can try a total wipe and restore but I won't try that tonight. Am I the only one having this problem? I had upgraded regularly many times with no problems, but starting with 9/29 no go.
    10-10-2011 10:58 PM
    I don't have an invite to the Google Music Beta, so would someone who does please test out the new Music4.0.1 apk?
    If you want to PM me your email, I'll toss you an invite.

I've been using Music 4.0.1 since it was leaked. It's weird.. Certain songs play perfectly every time while others become super staticy and completely freeze my phone. That was using it on your last build, though. I'll update to your latest and report back if that fixes it or not.

Edit: Figured out the problem. Looks like Music 4.0.1 is the new standard for testing cpu stability at high clock speeds. Camera, gallery, and everything else has been working perfectly at 825mhz for nearly a month. This is the first app that's caused a crash. Lowered my clock to 805mhz and now I can FINALLY, after 8 or 9 failed attempts, finish my favorite Radiohead song... ahh peace at last.
    JerryScript and anon283326 like this.
    10-10-2011 11:02 PM
    How do i get some themes?? Im on Mirage and it doesnt have any other than stock.
    10-11-2011 12:21 AM
    Just installed the 10/04 build ...so far way better than the 9/28 build I have been running. I first thought that my internet or 3G was bad from VM because it worked fine up first flashing of 9/28 but after flashing with new 10/4 I have my 3G back and much more steady like it used to be with the stock rom. I used the wiper.zip, then wiped cache and davlik with clockworkmod recovery and then installed the 10/04 build than Bobz gapps.zip and so far so good!!! Like it very much thanks to all you guys for doing such tremendous work! I'll be trying out the newer 10/10 build in the next couple of days. And see if the little things have been cleaned up. Good job.

VM LG Optimus V - Version??? (Purchased June 2011)
    JerryScript likes this.
    10-11-2011 01:13 AM
    <...>
    - removed bootsound from package, will add zip to wiki to enable bootsounds
    Flash this zip file in recovery to activate bootsounds
    <...>
    Thank you!
    10-11-2011 12:44 PM
    Turn your overclock down. Seriously turn it down a notch until the phone is stable. The camera and any app that uses it will force close if the over-clock speed is too high.
    My camera has always worked at 806mghz, never had this issue before. I did notice that I changed the screen density from 160 to 130 to give it the look for a high resolution, this may have been the problem because after a fresh install everything seems to be working fine on JerryScript's version at least, still overclocked too. Had to try it because of the 16BPP and I can't say I notice a huge difference but I want to say the phone is running extremely smooth so far, but it is still a fresh install.
    10-11-2011 01:10 PM
    My camera has always worked at 806mghz, never had this issue before. I did notice that I changed the screen density from 160 to 130 to give it the look for a high resolution, this may have been the problem because after a fresh install everything seems to be working fine on JerryScript's version at least, still overclocked too. Had to try it because of the 16BPP and I can't say I notice a huge difference but I want to say the phone is running extremely smooth so far, but it is still a fresh install.
    Just because you can overclock to 806 today does not mean you will tomorrow.
    This is especially true if you are riding the ragged edge as it is. Any slight software change or temperature change can send it into fits.
    10-11-2011 03:11 PM
    Love the new BACKside! Thanks.

Sent via VM670
    bdieu17 and JerryScript like this.
    10-11-2011 04:42 PM
    I just don't understand how in months over overclocking it finally stopped working at those speeds. Like I said its fixed now, I changed the screen density back to 160

Sent from my Optimus V running IHO Android 2.3.7
    10-11-2011 05:07 PM
    With the latest BACKside I'm unable to move some apps to the SD card that should normally be able to. I get this error...

"Failed to move application. There is not enough storage left."

My SD card has about 4GB still free. Any ideas?

Sent via VM670
    10-11-2011 05:59 PM
    Usually when I get a popup saying failed to move application, a second attempt works.

If that doesn't work for you, try deleting the 01mvdalvik file located in /system/ect/init.d, then wipe market cache, boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache, then reboot.
    10-11-2011 06:05 PM
    I have a question about uot kitchen if anyone can help. I'm running Jerry's 10/10 build. All of my changes worked except the 3g icon and signal strength gauge. I uploaded a cyanbread.apk file so it could make a theme Chooser theme. I'll upload a screenshot if I can. Any help much appreciated!
    10-11-2011 07:23 PM
    Usually when I get a popup saying failed to move application, a second attempt works.

If that doesn't work for you, try deleting the 01mvdalvik file located in /system/ect/init.d, then wipe market cache, boot into recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache, then reboot.
    Thanks. I think it turned out to be happening on some apps I restored thru Mybackup Root. It was confusing it somehow. When I uninstalled the app and then downloaded it from the market it moved to SD just fine.
    10-11-2011 07:28 PM
    Glad to hear it's resolved.

I'm not familiar with Mybackup Root, but if it automatically restores app's data, that could cause issues. TitaniumBackup allows you to choose if you want to restore data, if Mybackup Root has that choice, choose not to.
    10-11-2011 07:32 PM
    10/10 build of BACKside-IHO is superb. The 16-bit scrolling is great and my gf is a fan of silent boot as she tends to drop hers a bit too often, ejecting the battery from its chasis (plastic is amazing)... Did not have to re-add gmail accounts/re-flash gapps after installing this build - coming from 8/31 build, I believe.

Many thanks JerryScript, BobZHome, Blarf and the rest of the ROM builders - you make this $150 phone worth at least $300
    bdieu17 and JerryScript like this.
    10-11-2011 07:35 PM
    im loving the 10/10 backside ROm ,,,,better than the last build
    JerryScript likes this.
    10-11-2011 09:44 PM
    Many thanks JerryScript, BobZHome, Blarf and the rest of the ROM builders - you make this $150 phone worth at least $300
    +1 here too. You guys are awesome.

sent from my Calkulin+Clemsyn 7 Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk
    JerryScript likes this.
    10-11-2011 10:00 PM
    Glad to hear it's resolved.

I'm not familiar with Mybackup Root, but if it automatically restores app's data, that could cause issues. TitaniumBackup allows you to choose if you want to restore data, if Mybackup Root has that choice, choose not to.
    Mybackup root does let you restore data, apk, or both. I just happened to restore both, thus causing the issue.
    10-11-2011 10:56 PM
    Im getting the battery drain from google maps. Anyway to turn off google maps automatically after usage and not have it run in the background? I'll post this on the wiki later if someone provides a solution.
    10-11-2011 11:09 PM
    I have a google+ account but not music beta. Can someone invite me so that I can test this updated music 4.0.1?
    10-11-2011 11:26 PM
    Im getting the battery drain from google maps. Anyway to turn off google maps automatically after usage and not have it run in the background? I'll post this on the wiki later if someone provides a solution.
    I disable all of its recievers using Autorun Manager and then clear data in Settings-Manage Applications after using. It should stop running in the background. You can keep all of its recievers disabled and Maps will still work properly.
    10-11-2011 11:32 PM
    I've noticed that too recently, not sure if it's a bug with Google Maps or not, but it's taking up more in terms of percentage than cell signal & phone idle. But battery drain doesn't seem more, so it may be a reporting problem. I noticed the app starts automatically even if I don't use it, so I go and force close it and it doesn't start back up, but the battery usage reports it still using a majority of the battery.
    10-12-2011 12:28 AM
    got it working.. but now 3g is not working do i need to call vm and have them reset it?

Thank you all.
    10-12-2011 02:37 AM
    I'd say its a bug with the lastest Google Maps, try to find version 5.10.0 .
    10-12-2011 03:31 AM
6,009 ... 9091929394 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD