[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Jerry. I noticed that "wipe data"isn't listed as a step. Should we definitely skip that step?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Jerry. I noticed that "wipe data"isn't listed as a step. Should we definitely skip that step?

Formatting data essentially does the same thing. I have never used the wipe data / factory reset option, or the LG style factory wipe on any ROM.

You may be able to get away without formatting data, and if you are just updating to the newest build, you can usually just wipe cache and dalvik cache before flashing. Backups always recommended first!

I do complete wipes and formats when I load my latest build, that way I can see how a clean install works.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Got a PM from a forum member about donations with this "community" project.

All donations should be sent to Blarfie, CyanogenMod, and if you like Koush, Zefie, mik, and the others.

Spread it around, they've all done some incredible work to make things better for us! :-$

note- you can donate to Blarfie in the Building thread.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
The only thing I've noticed and I'm not sure if this is a bug. My live wallpaper keeps freezing and it never froze on ath3nos. Again, not sure if it's ROM related and it's not a huge deal.

nba

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
for the BACKside ROM, usb storage still doesn't work, thats the only problem I've found but its not a big deal, great ROM Jerry!

Reactions: phreekx

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I lost a ton of internal space when I downloaded the 7/20 build compared to the 7/19, I went from 130mb free, to 60mb. Its not a big deal for me because everything I download now will be linked to SD, but it might be an issue for some people

krowley3

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Great job on the rom Jerry. I am happy to test. I don't post much on here but have done quiet a bit of work since back in my moto droid days. I have installed your latest BACKside rom, ran marzz bloat remover and all is good. You can still mount the SD card through recovery, which will keep people from having to place the card in another device until the commit gets merged.

Reactions: joeycmb

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I lost a ton of internal space when I downloaded the 7/20 build compared to the 7/19, I went from 130mb free, to 60mb. Its not a big deal for me because everything I download now will be linked to SD, but it might be an issue for some people

Not sure why you dropped that low on internal memory. After a clean install, I have 142mb free out of 179mb available. Makes me think some thing didn't get wiped, or else some things got install twice. If you have time, can you try reflashing, but format at least system and boot before you flash the ROM?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Great job on the rom Jerry. I am happy to test. I don't post much on here but have done quiet a bit of work since back in my moto droid days. I have installed your latest BACKside rom, ran marzz bloat remover and all is good. You can still mount the SD card through recovery, which will keep people from having to place the card in another device until the commit gets merged.

Thanks for testing, the more feedback the better! Sounds like you might even like building the ROM yourself, join the party! ;)

All credit goes to Blarfie, he's making all the significant changes. Having others do the time consuming build process gives him more time to mix up stuff for us in the kitchen, so I'm more than happy to be helping in anyway I can.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Jerry your link says
Download updated 07022011 ROM here (should be 07202011) :p
Downloading now can't wait to try it out, as always thanks for the work guys.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Oops, that's what happens when you rename files at 3am in the morning! :p

LOL! No worries just figured I would point it out if you cared. :)

Question. Can I put the modules Blarf posted on page 2 for ext and mbcache in the rom pre-install or should I put them in afterwards?

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I didn't do a full wipe between the 19 and 20 builds, I didn't think it would be necessary, when I get home from work I will try a full wipe

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
LOL! No worries just figured I would point it out if you cared. :)

Question. Can I put the modules Blarf posted on page 2 for ext and mbcache in the rom pre-install or should I put them in afterwards?

Pre-install? As long as that means they'll exist after the ROM gets installed you'll be fine.

Jerry: Are you already modifying device_thunderc.mk? I've just added the requisite lines to copy over the kernel modules, but I've left them commented out. If you've not already modified device_thunderc.mk, I'll uncomment them so that all builds will get extfs support.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Pre-install? As long as that means they'll exist after the ROM gets installed you'll be fine.

Jerry: Are you already modifying device_thunderc.mk? I've just added the requisite lines to copy over the kernel modules, but I've left them commented out. If you've not already modified device_thunderc.mk, I'll uncomment them so that all builds will get extfs support.

Well I haven't flashed it yet, but I took those files for ext and mbcache modules and placed them in the correct folder of the ROM. Meaning they will get put in when I flash it. Should I not do it this way or will it mess up something else?

Ok reread your post. I'll let you guys know if they still exist after install once the flash is done.

removing the "fat" got my rom flash file down to 54mb :D

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Last nite I just did a clean repo sync from IHO. I didn't modify anything so we could be sure a clean build didn't have any bugs from something I did (ie screen rotation bug with initial release). I'll check the file before compiling tonite to be sure they are included.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci