[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

krowley3

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Jerry. Would a logcat help at all to figure out the performance issues I'm having with this Rom. It seems like others are experiencing much better performance than I am. I've flashed each update 3 times and same story.

Note that my phone works flawlessly on ath3nos with the same apps and settings.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

What recovery are you using to flash this ROM?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Jerry. Would a logcat help at all to figure out the performance issues I'm having with this Rom. It seems like others are experiencing much better performance than I am. I've flashed each update 3 times and same story.

Note that my phone works flawlessly on ath3nos with the same apps and settings.

It could, no promises, but a good 5 minutes with you doing what you normally do might show what's hanging in your system.

krowley3

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Thank you. I will be able to flash again tomorrow. I'm using xionia.

I was using xionia too before I read that blarf was using clockwork. Since I started flashing this ROM, I have been using ClockworkMod that is installed with Rom Manager. It is easy enough to switch between them, you may give it a try. I have not had a single problem using so far. I know if I were to go back to a froyo rom I would need to switch back, but seeing how I am having no problems at all with this rom I do not see myself going back. You may also try using mmarz bloat remover before first boot to help out. Here is the order I do things:

1) Wipe Data/Reset (3 times)

2) Wipe Cache (3 times)

3) Format data, cache, system, and boot

4) Wipe dalvik cache (2 times)

5) Flash ROM

6) Flash gapps

7) Flash bloat remover

8) Reboot

I also skip the initial account setup to jump on wifi. Once on wifi I access the market which prompts my account login and starts the sync. On wifi this speeds up the sync process. The above may seem like overkill but it has worked for me every flash of this ROM starting at the beginning. Koush has fixed the ClockworkMod recovery to work properly with our phones, and I have trusted his work since the early moto droid days. I usually download root explorer and launcher pro at the beginning so that I can go in and remove the other unnecessary applications ( I hate ADW, I have always found it laggy and I pain and live wallpapers since they just drain battery I never use them). I then download setCPU to get my overclock going. I can do all this in about 10 minutes at this point.

Reactions: Centinel

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. It could definitely be the recovery. Do you know of a direct link to clockwork?

krowley3

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up. It could definitely be the recovery. Do you know of a direct link to clockwork?

Just download the free version of Rom manager from the market and select Flash recovery at the top. It will ask which phone, just select lg optimus v.

Edit: Keep xionia on your sd card and if you need to switch in the future type this in terminal emulator:

su

flash_image recovery /sdcard/"recovery image name"
(without quotes)

reboot into recovery

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again. I'll try that. You really wipe data and cache 3 times? I guess it doesn't hurt. :)

krowley3

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again. I'll try that. You really wipe data and cache 3 times? I guess it doesn't hurt. :)

Yeah, I really do it all in that exact order. I have heard about recoveries not always wiping the whole mtd partitions. That is what was recommended in the past. Actually doing it twice to make sure there were nothing remaining is what was recommended, however since it only takes a second, I do it 3 times just to be sure and then do the format of each partition except sdcard. I am pretty sure doing so will guarantee a clean install every time.

The exact recovery I am using is ClockworkMod 3.2.0.1

Edit: I have uploaded the image to my dropbox for download.
http://db.tt/EAfO21v

Place on root of sdcard and type the following in terminal emulator:
su<enter>
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery-clockwork-3.2.0.1-thunderc.img<enter>
exit<enter>

Then reboot into recovery and follow my process above. Also do not type <enter> above, that is just to show where to press enter on the keyboard.

Last edited:

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah wiping 3 times sounds like a good idea. It seems that ClockworkMod is the recommended recovery for this ROM (and actively maintained). Anyone know why xionia is mentioned so often? what are the differences between the two?

krowley3

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah wiping 3 times sounds like a good idea. It seems that ClockworkMod is the recommended recovery for this ROM (and actively maintained). Anyone know why xionia is mentioned so often? what are the differences between the two?

Xionia was one of the original recoveries used for all ROMS for the v and s. Since ClockworkMod does not support edify scripting, you cannot use it to load most of the current froyo roms that are available for our phone. I have heard you can still load Bumblebee with ClockworkMod but I have not tried that myself. I know this recovery will work with all of the current GB ROM's that we have offered. Plus it is so easy to switch between them, there is really no excuse not to try it. I have had great luck with xionia in the past, but since it is no longer maintained, I have decided to go with ClockworkMod. Considering Koush did the recovery and is a huge contributor to Cyanogen, I feel the 2 will work together quite well. That is my logic anyway.:)

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I use xionia .6 and everything works perfect for me. I like that it supports everything even if I don't plan on going back to froyo...ever.

Jerry, under settings and about phone it still says 20110721 under build number :p

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I use xionia .6 and everything works perfect for me. I like that it supports everything even if I don't plan on going back to froyo...ever.

Jerry, under settings and about phone it still says 20110721 under build number :p

What kernel version does it say? Should be #53,.

The build number is a date stamp at compile time, I started before midnite, so it should say 21. ;)

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
ok, so it seems to be running much better after using clockwork recovery. the only downfall still is that my live wallpaper continues to freeze. otherwise everything else seems to be working well.

thank you!

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
ok, so it seems to be running much better after using clockwork recovery. the only downfall still is that my live wallpaper continues to freeze. otherwise everything else seems to be working well.

thank you!

That's weird. I've never heard of a recovery making your phone run better. Do all live wallpapers you have freeze up or is it a certain one you are using? I can, although I don't normally, run the honeycomb nexus style one that sucks the crap out of your resources and battery.

I'll try the live wallpaper you're using on my phone to compare if you can tell me which one it is. :)

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
That's weird. I've never heard of a recovery making your phone run better. Do all live wallpapers you have freeze up or is it a certain one you are using? I can, although I don't normally, run the honeycomb nexus style one that sucks the crap out of your resources and battery.

I'll try the live wallpaper you're using on my phone to compare if you can tell me which one it is. :)
i was running the solar wind one. the nexus one seems to work fine though. i normally hate live wallpapers because of batter drain, but the solar wind one is just too tasty. not a huge deal though.

maybe the recovery made it a cleaner install?

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
i was running the solar wind one. the nexus one seems to work fine though. i normally hate live wallpapers because of batter drain, but the solar wind one is just too tasty. not a huge deal though.

maybe the recovery made it a cleaner install?

I assume you can grab solar wind from the market. If it's stock I'll have to dig up the apks as I delete those before flashing lol.

Ok installed solar wind. I was getting force closes trying to set it. I could do the preview fine and adjust settings. BTW that jiggly style is horrid I almost got a headache just watching it for a few seconds lol. I am thinking that maybe it is a problem with the app itself as I also just tried a few other random LW from the market and had no issues with those either.

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Battery hogs everyone of them, same reason I took animated backgounds out of the Green Machine theme, cool concept, but it doesn't equal the trade in performance imho.

I use gestures to unlock my OV, so I haven't themed the lockscreen beyond the buttons, if anyone wants it themed, give me some suggestions.