[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I flash a unlock mod called "honeycomb wanna be" and it's all I need. I'm very happy now that I have the custom wallpaper on lockscreen option. I won't even bother using a custom lockscreen app anymore. :)

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Where might I find this unlock mod?

Let me see if I can dig up the thread from xda. Their themes section rocks. You also have to use a program like zip themer to make it a flashable file. I dislike metamorph with extreme prejudice lol.
If I can't dig it up I'll upload the copy of it I have that hasn't been messed with with zip themer yet.

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Screw it I'm lazy lol.

I can post a ss of it on my phone if you would like to see it first...
It basically makes it so the icon glows white and there is no visible slider.

Edit: Ok so I used the screenshot option for the first time on the power menu.
I have no idea where it got saved to lol.

Reactions: krowley3

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah metamorph sucks. So I was able to get another live wallpaper to work. I'm convinced that the recovery I used somehow caused a bad install because before, all live wallpapers would freeze along with many other apps force closing and many random reboots.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
Yeah metamorph sucks. So I was able to get another live wallpaper to work. I'm convinced that the recovery I used somehow caused a bad install because before, all live wallpapers would freeze along with many other apps force closing and many random reboots.

I wouldn't be entirely surprised. I'm using ClockworkMod 3.0.2.8. It /works/. But it doesn't do anything fancy. The Xionia stuff is designed for the Optimus S, right? Well, the LS670 has its flash partitioned differently so maybe, just maybe (and I haven't looked at the source so this is a WAG) if it's formatting stuff it's using hardcoded partition sizes for the LS670 and not the VM670. Otherwise I dunno as I'm not using any scary scripting or such things.

Edit: Also before reporting problems with the google apps make sure you've got the 6/13 build (there's a link in the CM wiki which I've linked to from the OP).

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'll have to try a fresh flash, not update previous one, since this battery life is dying on me quick for not really using the phone. At least it seems bad to me compared to how my battery usually performs. This is after a calibration. It hasn't been unstable or anything. Has been running very smooth for me.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
Let me know how it goes. I haven't calibrated yet big I literally just lost 40% in 3 hours on standby.

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
Let me know how it goes. I haven't calibrated yet big I literally just lost 40% in 3 hours on standby.

I was kinda waiting for people to complain, and honestly, quite surprised at the handful of comments exclaiming excellent battery life. I'll tweak the process scheduler settings and see if I can't find a better compromise between interactive performance and battery life. In the interim don't stray too far from the charger :p

I am going to take the weekend off.

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
I had horrible battery life on the first build I flashed. I used 20% of my battery in standby in like 15 minutes but off this build I'm getting great life five hours of heavy use and I'm at 72%

kba712

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
hey guys..thanks for a great rom...its my rom of choice now :)
just wondering about what has been left out in the new kernel #50..."extended attributes are no longer included" I use ext4 and dat2ext4 and with the version with kernal 49 it works perfectly..will I be affected in anyway...

thank you very much and keep up the great work :)

aeroseek

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Latest build is up, I haven't tested yet, UOT Kitchen is slow today, still cooking the Green Machine theme.

USB tethering should work on OSX, needs testing on Windows machines.

If anyone experiences battery charging issues, please do the following:

1) Start logcat on terminal emulator, not via ADB, we need info on the USB being plugged in and removed.

su
logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt

2) Plug in your phone, let it go for at least 10 minutes without doing anything to it.

3) Unplug your phone and wait another minute

4) Back in terminal emulator on your phone, hold the down_volume button and press C on the keyboard to stop logcat

5) Upload the logcat.txt file to pastebin, and post the link here

Thanks!

Here is my logcat. Two actually!
aeroseek-logcat-ac: Plugged into the wall charger. Battery went from 85% to 82% in 10min
aeroseek-logcat-ac.txt - Pastebin.com

aeroseek-logcat-comp: Plugged into a usb port on my comp. Battery went from 82% to 85% in 10 min.
aeroseek-logcat-comp.txt - Pastebin.com

For both of these I had the phone in airplane mode.
Really strange what is happening here. It's like the wall charger is actually accelerating the discharge, lol. On bumblebee it charges normally. :confused:

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
Actually what would be more useful is the output of dmesg. (adb shell dmesg).

Edit: And this is irrelevant unless you're running the latest build w/ kernel 53 as I believe I've fixed the problem.

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
I am running your latest #53

Okay. Put up dmesg output somewhere.

What recovery are you using?
Did you do a full wipe before installing?
How much stuff do you have running in the background?
How are you charging the phone (wall charger? OE or aftermarket? computer? powered usb hub connected to computer? LG cable? Motorola cable? Other cable?)?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Hows the battery life compared to bumblebee?

I don't think any ROM compares to BB or Harmonia's battery life. This is CyanogenMod Gingerbread, so it has lots of extras which can lead to wildly varying results on battery life. It all depends upon how you use it.

Blarf is working on a better process scheduler, but that will take some time to work out.

(bfq?)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes