[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

jyklly

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
lol.

Don't underestimate the effect that the governor would have. I switched the default to 'ondemand' because it does a much better job of throttling the CPU down. Especially with things live wallpapers 'interactive' was keeping the CPU at max speed as much as possible. In the end, 'ondemand' gives me a negligible hit in responsiveness. Same thing with 'smartass'. It's in there now, but in watching it, it really didn't want to throttle the CPU down (better than interactive, but it's still a matter of tuning), but because it uses a more complex algorithm it also kept the CPU usage at higher levels than 'ondemand'.

While I didn't keep using any of them long enough to determine if there'd be a significant difference in battery life, I'd be hard pressed to believe that you'll get better battery life with 'interactive' or 'smartass'.

Thanks Blarf, et. al. Ondemand did the trick for me to help conserve battery life. This is a pretty sweet rom. I am building r1 as we speak. Keep up the good work!

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
I was using the build from the 22nd (just updated) but have been having a problem when someone from my blacklist calls I get a ring and then a force close. I'm gonna post a logcat next time it happens. Noticed that fm radio was in the new list of apps?

Here's a logcat of fm radio

• Code:
    [SIZE="1"]E/dalvikvm(  176): No free temp registers
    E/dalvikvm(  176): Jit: aborting trace compilation, reverting to interpreter
    E/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  113): doRouting CALLED, outputDevices = 0x4, mFmRadioEnabled = 1
    E/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  113): devices = 24583
    E/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  113): setFmOnOff(0) called
    E/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  113): doRouting CALLED, outputDevices = 0x4, mFmRadioEnabled = 0
    E/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  113): devices = 26631
    E/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  113): setFmOnOff(1) called
    E/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  113): doRouting CALLED, outputDevices = 0x4, mFmRadioEnabled = 1
    E/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  113): doRouting CALLED, outputDevices = 0x2, mFmRadioEnabled = 1
    E/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  113): doRouting CALLED, outputDevices = 0x2, mFmRadioEnabled = 0
    E/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  113): doRouting CALLED, outputDevices = 0x2, mFmRadioEnabled = 1
    E/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  113): doRouting CALLED, outputDevices = 0x4, mFmRadioEnabled = 0
    E/FMRadio (  858): unbindFromService: Context
    I/installd(  115): move /data/dalvik-cache/data@app@org.jtb.alogcat-1.apk@classes.dex -> /data/dalvik-cache/data@app@org.jtb.alogcat-1.apk@classes.dex
    E/FMRadio (  858): bindToService: Context with serviceconnection callback
    E/FMRadio (  858): isAntennaAvailable: false
    E/FMRadio (  858): ServiceConnection: onServiceConnected: 
    E/FMRadio (  858): isAntennaAvailable: true
    E/FMRadio (  858): isAntennaAvailable: true
    E/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  113): doRouting CALLED, outputDevices = 0x2, mFmRadioEnabled = 0
    E/FMRadio (  858): unbindFromService: Context
    E/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  113): MIK: 0
    E/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  113): devices = 24579
    E/AudioHardwareMSM72XX(  113): doRouting CALLED, outputDevices = 0x2, mFmRadioEnabled = 0[/SIZE]

Last edited:

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
FM radio is known not to work, and the blacklist is, AFAIK, a CM7 bug. Logcat won't help (much) there, you'll need a debug version of Phone.apk. That said, I get the one ring, but don't get a Phone.app FC (but I'm running with some changes to fix per-contact ringtones). I'm not planning on putting a whole lot of effort into fixing CM as there are enough little Optimus V things that need fixing first IMO.

https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/issues/27

BTW, Jerry, repo will save changes but throw away local commits so if you want to remove the FM app again that should persist across a repo sync.

Reactions: JerryScript

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Kemikal! Anything different from Jerry's build?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Ok I would have responded sooner but some new posts were missing for some reason. Other than me forgetting to remove FM radio (sorry my bad) it's just the first posted build to include the r1 kernel. I figured I should be contributing in some way considering I was first to volunteer for maintaining a VM670 build.

In future versions I plan to make different themes. UOT has added a lot of new custom options and improvements.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

larryc

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Having an odd problem after updating from Jerryscript's 7/22 build to the 7/25. (Yes, I cleared cache & dalvik cache before updating).
When I go to the market.android.com, many (most) of the apps tell me "This app is incompatible with your LGE LG-VM670." and won't let me install. (Under details, it says "LGE LG-VM670
This item cannot be installed in your device's country.")

Is there a quick fix for this?

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Having an odd problem after updating from Jerryscript's 7/22 build to the 7/25. (Yes, I cleared cache & dalvik cache before updating).
When I go to the market.android.com, many (most) of the apps tell me "This app is incompatible with your LGE LG-VM670." and won't let me install. (Under details, it says "LGE LG-VM670

Are these apps ones u have used before or are they apps u never saw before? Maybe the ROM is showing more apps then u are able to use? Listing the apps in question would help alot.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site

Clear your market data, go to phone settings, manage applications, find market and hit clear data

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I don't have a cap on my cable internet, downloading 80 MB for your updates everyday would probably push me over. Is there a reason you can't just update the kernels? Or do you modify the rom its self every night too, sorry if its a stupid question

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm glad I don't have a cap on my cable internet, downloading 80 MB for your updates everyday would probably push me over. Is there a reason you can't just update the kernels? Or do you modify the rom its self every night too, sorry if its a stupid question

80 MB is nothing compared to streaming video these days, the builds will probably slow down as the ROM stabilizes. I prefer these complete binaries, with patches it introduces a new way for some people to get different results compared to others (not following instructions, extra missteps during installation...etc). Plus CM7's source changes often enough that it's good to just grab everything.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Blarf having a issue with Jerrys latest build. Nothing serious and its prolly a simple oh god he wants that turned back on type of thing.

When booting I have a mp3 that would play along with the animation on ath3nos rom. Ive done everything just like I did for his rom but it wont play the sound file. I uesd this post I made a couple days ago and had it working on ath3nos. Everything else seems to be working just the boot sound is not playing.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/102458-boot-sounds.html#post1109321

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

New changes are made to the actual cyanogenmod frameworks on a daily basis. There are new features added like the separate lockscreen wallpaper and custom tablet options. (Basically the CM features are changed).

So on the unstable branch we're using for builds, more changes with the builds than just kernel updates.

With an AOSP ROM as complex as CM smaller incremental patch updates may cause additional issues and cause issues with detecting bugs. At least that's why I believe incremental patches aren't the best idea.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
New changes are made to the actual cyanogenmod frameworks on a daily basis. There are new features added like the separate lockscreen wallpaper and custom tablet options. (Basically the CM features are changed).

So on the unstable branch we're using for builds, more changes with the builds than just kernel updates.

With an AOSP ROM as complex as CM smaller incremental patch updates may cause additional issues and cause issues with detecting bugs. At least that's why I believe incremental patches aren't the best idea.

Thanks I was just carious, the 80 MB doesn't really bother me, I was being funny

larryc

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Clear your market data, go to phone settings, manage applications, find market and hit clear data
Just tried this; unfortunately it didn't fix the problem.

To be clear, the problem is not with the market on the phone; rather, the problem is with the web market.
From the web market, if I try to install any app I don't have installed already, it tells me "This app is incompatible with your LGE LG-VM670" and won't let install. The market app on the phone works fine; it's just the web market that is acting up.

nascar2428

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I think it may be a market glitch of some sort. If I attempt to use the market from my computer I get the same message , however when I go to the market from my phone the same app will download and install. I tried to download advanced task killer thru the computer no go , on the phone no problem. Also tried severasl themes for theme chooser with the same results.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I think it may be a market glitch of some sort. If I attempt to use the market from my computer I get the same message , however when I go to the market from my phone the same app will download and install. I tried to download advanced task killer thru the computer no go , on the phone no problem. Also tried severasl themes for theme chooser with the same results.

The market website is newer so it probably has a few more bugs. I just use the traditional market app on my phone.

See this is why we don't have an iTunes equivalent here on Android. I've been an iOS user since launch and I've always had problems with iTunes. The only reason I have an iPod is because it's the only HDPI, dual camera, 1 GHz, wifi-only device for under $250. The nice thing about Android is everything takes place right on the device. All cloud powered, no computer sync.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
The market website is newer so it probably has a few more bugs. I just use the traditional market app on my phone.

See this is why we don't have an iTunes equivalent here on Android. I've been an iOS user since launch and I've always had problems with iTunes. The only reason I have an iPod is because it's the only HDPI, dual camera, 1 GHz, wifi-only device for under $250. The nice thing about Android is everything takes place right on the device. All cloud powered, no computer sync.

Cloud powered is nice unless your in that one spot that service is horribad.
I prefer to have it in hard format (sorta) on my device incase of that one time I lose connection.
Which for me is a 15 minute drive south. However everywhere around my house and the town I live in gets decent coverage.

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed a little while ago, and so far its running perfect. Thank you VERY much for comiting your time towards development for everyone! Will Def help out and report any bugs I come across.

larryc

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
If I attempt to use the market from my computer I get the same message , however when I go to the market from my phone the same app will download and install.
Ok, so it appears you're having the same problem I am. Nascar, which build are you running? I am running the latest Jerryscript build (7/25)

Can anyone else confirm if they have the same problem: On your desktop computer, go to http://market.android.com and try to install an app. Does it work for you?

One thing I noticed: If I go to https://market.android.com/account , then click on the Settings tab, it displays an empty field under 'Carrier'. Could this be a symptom of problem?

(And, is this market problem just with this build or with all CM7 builds?)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke