[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

gbeaguilar

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm this as well, when you try to install from the web based market, the popup appears asking you to choose your device, and when you try to select it a floating popup appears saying it cannot be installed in your country.

It seems like everyone having this problem is using the latest build? I have this problem on a previous build, I believe it is the July 22nd one. Don't know if this is useful info... just putting it out there :p

El Schisne

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: Web market problem

Schisne, could you try Market Enabler https://market.android.com/details?id=ch.racic.android.marketenabler and post the numeric code for your working build?
I used this app to change my carrier to Verizon, and while the web market no long says "... not valid in your country", now it just gives me a "your phone is not compatible". I'd like to try to put the code you have for "Mid Tex Cellular", aka Virgin Mobile.

gsm.sim.operator.numeric is 31000.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to get my build.prop up last night. It'll have to wait for after work today, if it's still needed by then. Seems that Jerry may have figured it out.

larryc

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
T However, I pulled 200053 from the stock 2.2. ROM (or Wikipedia) and for a while the market was properly identifying that as VMU. 310000 is a bogus entry flat out,
Blarf, I'm wondering if someone make a typo somewhere. 200053 doesn't really make sense for VMU, since the "200" MCC part of the MNC appears to be an invalid MCC (and is clearly not an MCC code for the US). However, if you substitute 310 for the 200, you get an MNC of 310-053, which very interestingly is listing in Wikipedia as the code for Virgin Mobile.

[Edit: Just saw your post on XDA after I posted this. Mystery deepens....]

Last edited:

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Blarf having a issue with Jerrys latest build. Nothing serious and its prolly a simple oh god he wants that turned back on type of thing.

When booting I have a mp3 that would play along with the animation on ath3nos rom. Ive done everything just like I did for his rom but it wont play the sound file. I uesd this post I made a couple days ago and had it working on ath3nos. Everything else seems to be working just the boot sound is not playing.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...hacks/102458-boot-sounds.html#post1109321[/s]

I know the market issue is more important but wondering if anybody has any advise on this?

ETA: While looking my build.prop over I found there was multiple entries telling the phone to play the boot sound. So Im guessing it was just erroring out.

Also noted that in the key map file you have key 217 listed twice. And ommited key 216, which is the voice search key, its easily fixed for people that know how to edit the file. I used keymapper and remapped it to be used as a power button.

Last edited:

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

I know the market issue is more important but wondering if anybody has any advise on this?

ETA: While looking my build.prop over I found there was multiple entries telling the phone to play the boot sound. So Im guessing it was just erroring out.

Also noted that in the key map file you have key 217 listed twice. And ommited key 216, which is the voice search key, its wasily fixed for people that know how to edit the file. I used keymapper and remapped it to be used as a power button.
Where did you find the program to renal the keys

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
In regards to the keypad discussion. It's Zefies old .kl file that is being used. Not only is key 107 in there twice but you may notice the voice key is dead, I discussed this with Ath3nos at one point and he said he was working on getting Voice to work for Voice again. In the meantime the keypad zips found through my signature all work, minus the stock as voice still doesn't work to my understanding (I have not tested it specifically) but I have used all the other zips with my own iho builds. Than again I opted to just replace the .kl file in my local version of the source with the one I use the most anyway ;)

Long story short, if you don't want to have to use a button mapping app you can swap the kl file itself.

--
In regards to voice. Being that voice is called by a standardized event 'VOICE' I find it unlikey that the key wouldn't work with the stock .kl file and the voice dialer from CM7, I just have not tested this. My assumption is that if it doesn't work it's do to the voice dial apk itself not having the key event properly tied to it. This leads me to believe if we ported the stock/sprint voice dial app to work in CM7 we should be able to regain the voice key functionality.

The other possibility is that the kcm.bin file controlling the key events doesn't have the proper event settings defined in it. If this is the case I would think we could replace that file with one from the stock rom (not knowing if anything has been changed in the kcm.bin files I'm not sure if this would do anything at all... could even break something depending).

This is all conjecture but if someone does have the time to test the stock .kl file to tell if voice does work that would be a great start.

Reactions: JerryScript

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: reaper420

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
In regards to the keypad discussion. It's Zefies old .kl file that is being used. Not only is key 107 in there twice but you may notice the voice key is dead.
On my build the 217 key was duplicate not the 107. But yeah voice key wasnt there. What I did was edit the keypad file and changed one of the 217 to 216. Then used buttonremapper to set it to what I wanted. The button is listed as a call button so instead of mucking around and breaking something I figured the app would be better as it can revert easier.

I tend to think the rest of your post could be possible, but I also have doubts as there are so many things that google changed in 2.3 from 2.2 that it seems highly likely it will break something badly.

One more thing..remember this is the V and we are a special case. Just look at how long our mms was goofed up.

sblood86

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
On my build the 217 key was duplicate not the 107. But yeah voice key wasnt there. What I did was edit the keypad file and changed one of the 217 to 216. Then used buttonremapper to set it to what I wanted. The button is listed as a call button so instead of mucking around and breaking something I figured the app would be better as it can revert easier.

I tend to think the rest of your post could be possible, but I also have doubts as there are so many things that google changed in 2.3 from 2.2 that it seems highly likely it will break something badly.

One more thing..remember this is the V and we are a special case. Just look at how long our mms was goofed up.

You may be right about 107/217 keys honestly I was going from memory, still havn't double checked that... fail or laziness or both, I'll let y'all decide.

MMS has been an issue for the S aswell do to apn issues. In the case of the .kl files they are identical from both phones. That being said the kcm.bin files on the other hand I have no way of viewing because that's an undocumented bin format according to google and subsequently I can't find a way to decompile it to a point that it's readable.

I would go far as to assume the only changes to the kcm.bin files from 2.2 to 2.3 is the addition of default key events which can be found on the android developers site, as to whether or not swapping those would break anything I just don't have enough information to know for certain. I would go as far as to say it wouldn't effect anything unless you are trying to use the key events defined specifically in 2.3 and above. There again I havn't had a real need to test this so everything I've said on the matter is really conjecture anyway. All I can say for certain is that 2.3 has all the events defined in 2.2 and prior so the any of the stock .kl settings will work, which is why I there should be no issues using the keypad files that I linked.

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
thanks! everythings great, except for a small problem. when i plug my phone into my computer, and i turn it off, the phone just automatically reboots. never did that before. also, when i turn it off and then plug it in, the phone automatically turns itself on. any help?

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
thanks! everythings great, except for a small problem. when i plug my phone into my computer, and i turn it off, the phone just automatically reboots. never did that before. also, when i turn it off and then plug it in, the phone automatically turns itself on. any help?

I believe this is a 'feature' for all CM7.1 ROMs. It doesn't allow charging when the phone is off like in stock ROMs.

Reactions: inyourface9806