[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
I spent the better part of three hours getting this update installed...
Data2ext was throwing all kinds of errors if you flashed the zip before doing the adb commands.

If you did a backup via TB or MBP restore that first. There is some sort of weird bug that isnt restoring apps fully. I bet they are there just hiding waiting for you to turn the light switch on so they can jump out and yell surprise!

What errors?

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Data2ext was throwing all kinds of errors if you flashed the zip before doing the adb commands.

If you did a backup via TB or MBP restore that first. There is some sort of weird bug that isnt restoring apps fully. I bet they are there just hiding waiting for you to turn the light switch on so they can jump out and yell surprise!

i think there was a problem with link2sd. the update must have broken all my links or something. my sd-ext was empty

yogi4

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

I flashed the new version and no problems (knock on wood). All apps are still there. My 4 gig class 4 sd card arrived broke so I don't have to do the Data2ext thing... yet. Still using the stock 2 gig and running out of room fast. Already deleted 2 backups to make room. :( Experimenting with the Smartass governor, so far so good.

Last edited:

Doggydude

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is horrific with this ROM, 20% in 30 minutes. got Setcpu with screen off prifile at 122-245 and normal at 122-600, charging is even really slow. I really love this rom, but im going to go back to bumblebee until the battery life gets better, I understand its a problem with basically all the cyanmod roms

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
My battery life is horrific with this ROM, 20% in 30 minutes. got Setcpu with screen off prifile at 122-245 and normal at 122-600, charging is even really slow. I really love this rom, but im going to go back to bumblebee until the battery life gets better, I understand its a problem with basically all the cyanmod roms

There must be something wrong with your install. Charging is even faster than Froyo ROMs since the 0725 build. This ROM has very good battery life. If you turn off Wifi, GPS, BT, 3G data, and have minimum number of app services running, it uses less than 1%/hour idling. So likely there's a misbehaving app (go into settings - About phone - battery use - graph to see what kind of activity drains it faster). Make sure to use clockworkmod recovery to wipe, because it was designed for Optimus V instead of S. And don't restore apps from previous 2.2 ROMs.

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com

Make sure you've got the right build, I hadn't updated the OP until just now. If you don't have a build from the 27th or 25th, I would expect charging problems. I also don't particularly see the use of using SetCPU with CM7, but that's me. You won't see much, if any, battery savings at 122MHz and your phone will be too slow to respond to incoming calls and some keyboard inputs when it's sleeping. The defaults (ondemand @ 245-600) will let the phone mostly sleep at 245MHz.

Unless you've actually gone through and done a full wipe I wouldn't know where to start debugging such a blatant problem with battery usage. I see 1-3% per hour usage depending.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
What errors?

I didnt think to run logcat so the exact errors I cant give you. Sorry.
It was causing everything to force close. I could not get into the phone to do anything.

I know it was data2ext zip not cooperating because initially I forgot to flash it after the rom. I rebooted flashed it and that is when the problems started. I rebooted recovery wipe cache and dalvik and reflashed. Then booted into the phone, ran the commands and rebooted into recovery and flashed the zip. No problems after that other then my own goofs. Titanium backup didnt restore like 10 app but that has been happening for a while no so I think its just a batch restore flaw.

I can backup and try to recreate the issue and run logcat if you want me too.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
This may be a dumb question, but is there a difference between Jerry's build and Kemikal's build?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

First, I originally volunteered to compile and maintain the VM670 builds.
I want to build a ROM based on CM but with CM already having so many features and not being a programming expert it's not easy to start such a project. It's not as simple as wanting to start creating an app and turning it into a finished product.
I have ideas I just have to figure out how to build them.

For now no difference in the builds. I'm busy looking through development for other phones including the HD2 Leo, Samsung Focus, and G2x.

I'm helping people flash ROMs and deal with bugs. It helps with flashing experience. I'm trying to learn about as many devices as possible.

In the future maybe I could build kernels or full system themes. Building linux from source must have taught me something relevant.

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I turned off image dithering in the cm7 performance settings. Most everything is smooth as butter. I was using DolphinHD as my browser but it seems too heavy for this Rom (currently) the stock browser has some tweaks in the setting that stock froyo did not that make up for not using DolphinHD.

I find that the keyboard is less laggy when posting to this forum.

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
There should be another build soon with more commits today to kernel r2. So I would hold off for a bit. See what Jerry says.

The kernel is really on the back burner. Lots of commits, yes, but mostly edge cases and extremely minor optimizations. Barring any big bugs in r1, it's going to be the kernel of choice for a while. You're welcome to compile what will become r2 and test it out if you'd like, but I'm not going to push binaries upstream in the immediate future.

As far as updates /I/ am going to make, it's time to start concentrating on the rest of the bits (gps still seems worse than stock, camera, and maybe BT).

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Maybe if Jerry keeps links to the 3 most recent builds, some of us can test the latest if we want to, & others can hold back and wait if they don't have any problems. Creating my own build seems like a big endeavor (I'm only running windows anyway). Once BT is fixed, can't this become officially CM7 supported and we'd get automatic nightly builds too?

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Where can we find Kemikal's build?

There's a direct download link in blarf's OP. It's right under Jerry's download link.
Also my last build's post is at the link
http://forums.androidcentral.com/optimus-v-rooting-roms-hacks/104687-rom-kernel-inferior-human-organs-unofficial-cm7-1-a-22.html#post1128365

I should get back to working on that theme for my next build. I'm thinking of using red and orange. It makes me wonder if anyone didn't like the idea of cyan (I guess that's why cm7 has theme support)

I'll look into adding custom ui elements; Custom lockscreen, widgets, dock.
MIUI seems like such a good concept but the UI style isn't for everyone. I want to build something with that idea in mind just something much different. That may not make much sense but MIUI's custom ui is probably the most modified design from standard android.

Cyanogenmod's design is intended to act as a layer of improvement and not completely write over the standard android experience. I think it would be a great idea to create a custom ui with that thought.