[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Ok samething happened again.

Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache, install zip, then install the data2ext zip.
Reboot phone open lock screen and everything is force closing.
Ill get a logcat posted shortly.

Ive never had a rom do this.
Im installing from a clean base now.
It doesnt do it if I input the commands first then go back and reflash the zip.

/shrug

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Ok samething happened again.

Wipe Cache and Dalvik Cache, install zip, then install the data2ext zip.
Reboot phone open lock screen and everything is force closing.
Ill get a logcat posted shortly.

Ive never had a rom do this.
Im installing from a clean base now.
It doesnt do it if I input the commands first then go back and reflash the zip.

/shrug

Sorry for the troubles, neither Blarf not I use data2ext so it's not tested prior to release.

androidsamurai

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
@JerryScript

Just to confirm, I'm using your BACKside(latest build) with a 1GB ext3 part. using Link2SD and everything is working perfectly. Was using the 7/25 build, upgraded to 7/30 last night with no problems at all...

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
When this happens what is the process you take to attempt to get it back?

I have this happen all the time in my house. Only its not normally the phone. The other computers here just wont connect. The only way I have found to fix it is to reboot via the web interface or unplug the router. Normally just rebooting via web interface does it.

Only way to fix it is rebooting the phone. Its not the router because my other devices can connect

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
@JerryScript

Just to confirm, I'm using your BACKside(latest build) with a 1GB ext3 part. using Link2SD and everything is working perfectly. Was using the 7/25 build, upgraded to 7/30 last night with no problems at all...

i updated last time and it broke all my link2sd links and lost all my apps on my sd-ext. did that happen to you before?

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the troubles, neither Blarf not I use data2ext so it's not tested prior to release.
Somehow I managed to delete the logcat.txt before getting it saved to my pc...
I did notice it was trying to "install" the apps from the sdcard but Im guessing since the adb commands hadnt been input it was failing and causing force closes.
If I input the commands first it works fine.
Only way to fix it is rebooting the phone. Its not the router because my other devices can connect
The thing is when this happens for me not every device will fail to connect. Most of the time is the same laptop. Rebooting the router will fix the problem, nothing else works I have rebooted and reset the laptop and it just wont connect. I use a dd-wrt build on a netgear router I can get signal up to 200 feet from the router with the tweaks to the settings.

I only suggest this because the people with the dd-wrt project have told me sometimes wifi routers just need to be reset by rebooting them. It makes no sense and they cant figure out why but it just happens that way.

________

Just tested the Bluetooth on my Pioneer H/U everything works!!

ceejay83

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Ok thought that might be the issue and not the ROM although I upgraded to both at the same time LOL. How do I uninstall updates?

think you do it over market or go to app manager. it will say 'uninstall update'. you must have installed the previous version of gmail though for it to say that

anon(365490)

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Lastest build is up: BACKside-IHO-VM670-07302011.zip

See Blarf's post at xda for details on changes:

- BT functionality improved, need testers with feedback please
- Camera functionality improved
- Custom ringtones working

I cross posted this under xdadevelopers - but this forum get's more traffic...

Just downloaded and tried it out with my car's bluetooth handsfree. It's a definite improvement, yet, still not quite there. Before this I could pair ok, but, audio in both directions was pretty much all a series of static & beeps. With the updated ROM, it paired almost immediately. I placed a call to my voicemail at work so I could hear both sides of the conversation. I can hear pretty good, and, the other side can hear me pretty good. The issue appears to be minor dropouts, where every few seconds it seems to 'cutout', words get cut off. Annoying, but, usable, and a huge improvement.

I just got a new 'landline' phone which allows me to connect my cell via bluetooth to make calls using it (don't know why I would do that, I use VOIP on the landline and have unlimited calls on it, but, I needed new phones for the house & these were a great deal). Anyways, I'll try pairing the OV with them later & see how that works.

Seems pretty solid otherwise, I haven't noticed any wifi issues and, the BT piece at least works now, when do you folks sleep?

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I just wiped cache & dalvik-cache only in clockworkmod recovery & flashed 0730 build from 0725, everything is running smoothly including my cheap Motorola H375 Bluetooth headset now. I tested it by calling my office voicemail and recording & listening to the playback. It's not as clear as without the headset, but I think that's just because of the extra wireless encoding/decoding of voice through BT.

By the way noticed Android 2.3.5 now, but still kernel r1? I thought there were fixes that went into the kernel as mentioned in the changes.txt, but seems they didn't make it into the build.

androidsamurai

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
No, upgrade went fine and all my apps are still linked.

I am having an issue with my camera now. Is anybody else getting a reboot every time they try to use their camera?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I am having an issue with my camera now. Is anybody else getting a reboot every time they try to use their camera?
Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

No camera issues here, the focus lock turns green as it should now. Only thing remaining for camera is the contrast,saturation,sharpness settings not working right now. (camera apps always default to too much artificial sharpening).

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
No camera issues here, the focus lock turns green as it should now. Only thing remaining for camera is the contrast,saturation,sharpness settings not working right now. (camera apps always default to too much artificial sharpening).

There are some other little quirks like the AF not appearing to work the first time, and the driver returning AF confirmation when it's not focused. As far as the sasturation/contrast/sharpness sliders I'm not sure that the isx005 even supports user configuration of those, unfortunately. Don't know that the default camera app supports doing that in software.

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
By the way noticed Android 2.3.5 now, but still kernel r1? I thought there were fixes that went into the kernel as mentioned in the changes.txt, but seems they didn't make it into the build.

Right, as I've said I don't expect to release an r2 kernel for a while. The changes listed are for what will eventually become r2.