[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The version of cwm that rom manager pushes is horrible, it won't mount sdext most of the time, and it wont ever back up your ext. I also had a hell of a time getting it to flash uot themes

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
As stated in the OP I'm using CWM 3.0.2.8 with the only problem being AnyKernel doesn't update the modules.

That's what I have now, it gets the job done, I just know alot of people will use rom manager just to flash a recovery, and its a bad idea

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Yes, and on my phone I am overclocked (245-729) and I've never had angry birds quit. Keep in mind that overclocking is taking advantage of manufacturing tolerances. Not everyone will be able to overclock to the same speed reliably, but you are pretty much guaranteed to get everything working at 600MHz.

Likewise all of these upgrades are coming from generally inconsistent states. Some versions of Xionia and CWM recovery are simply buggy, some people won't do a full wipe, etc. Some of these apps (like Facebook) are just plain buggy.

My goal is to get everything working in a stock configuration. If overclocking breaks apps for you, don't overclock your phone (that much).

The game plays fine on this rom when I used XioniaRedux. I switched back to my backed up nandroid. I just tried the game with stock CPU speeds and the game still crashes.

I will back up again wipe again and download it from the market and report back.

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Im on bumblebee 2.4 which has the dalvik cache mod. Will it be safe if just wipe everything then install the backside rom and gapps? How would I get the dalvik cache mod on the backside rom? Or does it already have it?

Raul720

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Im on bumblebee 2.4 which has the dalvik cache mod. Will it be safe if just wipe everything then install the backside rom and gapps? How would I get the dalvik cache mod on the backside rom? Or does it already have it?

Yes, wipe everything. Not sure about your second question.

larryc

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

ravenroost

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
That's what I have now, it gets the job done, I just know alot of people will use rom manager just to flash a recovery, and its a bad idea

Could you please explain your comment? Are you saying "using rom manager is a bad idea" or are you saying that "using it only to flash recovery is a bad idea?"

I currently have cwm recovery 3.2.0.1 flashed through rom manager. It has been a mess. I have backed up roms only to find when I attempt to restore I get MD5 mismatch errors. Also, I cannot get it to install the latest version of IHO (July 30) but July 22 sets up fine. I am not smart enough to know what I may be doing wrong on my end.

Raul720

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Could you please explain your comment? Are you saying "using rom manager is a bad idea" or are you saying that "using it only to flash recovery is a bad idea?"

I currently have cwm recovery 3.2.0.1 flashed through rom manager. It has been a mess. I have backed up roms only to find when I attempt to restore I get MD5 mismatch errors. Also, I cannot get it to install the latest version of IHO (July 30) but July 22 sets up fine. I am not smart enough to know what I may be doing wrong on my end.

You should install a different recovery.

Reactions: ravenroost

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

I have had zero problems with this same setup since day one. Can't help but feel like I'm in the minority here with all the CWM and rom manager bashing that goes on here.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Raul720

May 7, 2011
Visit site
I have had zero problems with this same setup since day one. Can't help but feel like I'm in the minority here with all the CWM and rom manager bashing that goes on here.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

The only problem i had with that recovery was that my sd-ext partition wouldn't be recognized so it wouldn't back it up.

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Maybe these problems should be reported to ROM Manager so the dev can work on them, instead of using an older version that is difficult to locate & install for beginners. (I haven' thad any problems with 3.2.0.1 flashed through ROM Manager)

Reactions: ravenroost

Jk16w

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I ain't sure if this is a bug or it has been fixed, but on BACKside ROM I cannot turn off the phone with the USB/Charger connected. Does anybody know why this does this? thanks for any help

Raul720

May 7, 2011
Visit site
What is the easiest way to do that? I have read a lot and tried to change the recovery but when it rebooted it was still the same one.

Download this recovery

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...81201-recovery-clockworkmod-3-0-2-8-beta.html

unzip it and place it on your sd card. Then use the commands provided in that thread. If you don't use adb you can just use terminal emulator. You might also need flash_image. Make sure you also place that on the root of your sd card

ravenroost

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sem173