[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

ravenroost

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
It will probably be better if you input them yourself. I know its going to take long but will probably ensure a better result.
Let me see if this is correct:

On termnal emulator, when I open it up it says:

$ export PATH=/data/local/bin.$PATH
$

Then should I type the commands?
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system ENTER
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image ENTER
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image ENTER
.... and so forth?
Am I missing any steps?

Note: If this is going off topic too much, should I start another thread or go pm route?

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
MD5 error fix for when restoring ROMs:

Clockwork-mod Recovery MD5 mismatch! error FIX - xda-developers

Let us know if it works for you, or which file was missing (or did the backup name have special/space characters?) I just checked my backup dir and all the files are there.

EDIT: Try the quick & easy steps first:

adb shell
# cd /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup/2010-06-29.20.22.53
# rm nandroid.md5
# md5sum *img > nandroid.md5

Last edited:

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
Maybe these problems should be reported to ROM Manager so the dev can work on them, instead of using an older version that is difficult to locate & install for beginners. (I haven' thad any problems with 3.2.0.1 flashed through ROM Manager)

Later versions of CWM should work /fine/. Assuming they're the ones with the various bugs fixed. Xionia OTOH is known to have problems not doing complete wipes with certain versions and is, AFAIK, no longer maintained. I mention that I use an old version of CWM because that's what I'm doing and I seem to have fewer problems. If there's a newer version (like 3.2.0.1) that works reliably for a bunch of people that's great and is probably a better place to start.

I ain't sure if this is a bug or it has been fixed, but on BACKside ROM I cannot turn off the phone with the USB/Charger connected. Does anybody know why this does this? thanks for any help

I believe that's a function of the recovery image, could be CM7. I know the stock firmware doesn't do this, but I'm 99% sure that even aospCMod did this.

Raul720

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Let me see if this is correct:

On termnal emulator, when I open it up it says:

$ export PATH=/data/local/bin.$PATH
$

Then should I type the commands?
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system ENTER
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image ENTER
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image ENTER
.... and so forth?
Am I missing any steps?

Note: If this is going off topic too much, should I start another thread or go pm route?

type "su" first and then the rest

su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Download this recovery

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...81201-recovery-clockworkmod-3-0-2-8-beta.html

unzip it and place it on your sd card. Then use the commands provided in that thread. If you don't use adb you can just use terminal emulator. You might also need flash_image. Make sure you also place that on the root of your sd card

I installed it but I am getting a status 7 error when ever I try to flash a rom.

BLarf mentioned that the latest CWM from the app should be fine so I am reinstalling that one.

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
Actually I was using the aosp version of CWM.

aospCWMod-OV-20110427.img looks like it's available here:

aospCWMod-OV-20110427.img

MD5 checksum = 541a89ec68425a5fa3952fb83e4a284f

Because 'aosp' never publicly released his source I have NO IDEA how this differs from the other CWM posted.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Could you please explain your comment? Are you saying "using rom manager is a bad idea" or are you saying that "using it only to flash recovery is a bad idea?"

I currently have cwm recovery 3.2.0.1 flashed through rom manager. It has been a mess. I have backed up roms only to find when I attempt to restore I get MD5 mismatch errors. Also, I cannot get it to install the latest version of IHO (July 30) but July 22 sets up fine. I am not smart enough to know what I may be doing wrong on my end.

The cwm recovery it flashes on your phone is worthless

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
For reference, I haven't had any problems with this ROM (except the documented higher GPS battery drain, a reboot fixes that). I'm running without a theme, default ondemand 245-600 CPU. No FCs, wifi issues (tried 2 routers, open & WPA-secured, SSID broadcast & hidden), good battery drain (<1%/hour idle). I turn off all eye candy & fancy CM features, except the notification power widget, percent batt status, & status bar brightness control. Using Zeam launcher (light-weight), installed all apps internally (105 MB free still, so I don't clog up my phone with a lot of crap). I run with BT, wifi, GPS, 3G data all off except when I need them, sync manually.

Originally coming from stock ROM, I rooted using Gingerbreak 1.20, installed CWM 3.2.0.1 using ROM Manager, then in CWM, factory reset, wiped cache, dalvik-cache 3 times, formated all except /sdcard. Flashed ROM & gapps.zip. Reinstalled all apps from market (didn't restore anything). Reflashed 2 upgraded builds since by just wiping cache & dalvik-cache.

Here are all the bloatware that are safe to remove from this ROM after flashing as tested by myself.

rm /system/media/bootanimation.zip
rm /system/media/audio/ui/camera_click.ogg
rm /system/app/Androidian.apk
rm /system/app/Calculator.apk
rm /system/app/CarHomeGoogle.apk
rm /system/app/CMStats.apk
rm /system/app/CMWallpapers.apk
rm /system/app/Cyanbread.apk
rm /system/app/DSPManager.apk
rm /system/app/Email.apk
rm /system/app/FM.apk
rm /system/app/GenieWidget.apk
rm /system/app/Gmail.apk
rm /system/app/GoogleFeedback.apk
rm /system/app/GooglePartnerSetup.apk
rm /system/app/LatinImeTutorial.apk
rm /system/app/LiveWallpapers.apk
rm /system/app/LiveWallpapersPicker.apk
rm /system/app/MagicSmokeWallpapers.apk
rm /system/app/OneTimeInitializer.apk
rm /system/app/Protips.apk
rm /system/app/ThemeChooser.apk
rm /system/app/ThemeManager.apk
rm /system/app/Pacman.apk
rm /system/app/CMUpdateNotify.apk
rm /system/app/Development.apk
rm /system/app/VisualizationWallpapers.apk

ravenroost

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
type "su" first and then the rest

su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image
mv /system/etc/install-recovery.sh /system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
mount -o remount,ro -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system
flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

I'm still getting error messages, like "cannot create /system/bin/flash_image: read only system" , etc.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm still getting error messages, like "cannot create /system/bin/flash_image: read only system" , etc.

You probably don't have a space in the right place. Replace the following red underlines with spaces (not the black ones!!!):

su
mount_-o_remount,rw_-t_yaffs2_/dev/block/mtdblock5_/system
cat_/sdcard/flash_image_>_/system/bin/flash_image
chmod_755_/system/bin/flash_image
mv_/system/etc/install-recovery.sh_/system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
mount_-o_remount,ro_-t_yaffs2_/dev/block/mtdblock5_/system
flash_image_recovery_/sdcard/recovery.img

And of course, be sure your recovery is named recovery.img or change the name in the last line of the code. ;)

Reactions: ravenroost

ravenroost

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
You probably don't have a space in the right place. Replace the following red underlines with spaces (not the black ones!!!):

su
mount_-o_remount,rw_-t_yaffs2_/dev/block/mtdblock5_/system
cat_/sdcard/flash_image_>_/system/bin/flash_image
chmod_755_/system/bin/flash_image
mv_/system/etc/install-recovery.sh_/system/etc/install-recovery.sh.bak
mount_-o_remount,ro_-t_yaffs2_/dev/block/mtdblock5_/system
flash_image_recovery_/sdcard/recovery.img

And of course, be sure your recovery is named recovery.img or change the name in the last line of the code. ;)
I give up. I tried every way possible to flash another recovery. I get errors every time. I am very careful too. There is something on my phone blocking me or something. Thanks for trying to help though. I do appreciate it. And now all of a sudden I can now install your 7/30 rom. I could not do it before with this CWM version. Go figure. :eek:

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
I give up. I tried every way possible to flash another recovery. I get errors every time. I am very careful too. There is something on my phone blocking me or something. Thanks for trying to help though. I do appreciate it. And now all of a sudden I can now install your 7/30 rom. I could not do it before with this CWM version. Go figure. :eek:

If you're using the other 3.0.2.8, use this one:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...organs-unofficial-cm7-1-a-55.html#post1153466

joshgee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm gonna try this one out. Thanks for the rom!

EDIT:

Holy ****! This ROM is beautiful! The boot animation is sick as ****... totally caught me off guard.

Last edited:
Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Once you have the ROM installed, and your phone boots up, you can open Terminal and type the following:

su
flash_image recovery /sdcard/NAME_OF_RECOVERY.img
exit

Kinda backwards getting the ROM first, but it is called BACKside after all! ;)

cr42ydude

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
I tried this method and it didn't work. But thanks just the same. I really don't know what I am doing wrong that it cannot flash another recovery.:-[

are u sure ur rooted? tell me how u rooted your device or do u wanna try and do it all over??? just unroot the device and follow this video ‪Root optimus v part 1‬‏ - YouTube really easy .. if u wanna know how to unroot then search the forums.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary