[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

asadullah

Oct 23, 2010
Visit site
Ok im on froyo right now and want to flash this rom. Which recovery is recommended? The newest clockworkmod or xionia?
I use clockworkmod that I got from the app and have only had the problems that are listed on the issue tracker. I also wipe system, dalvik and everything before each install.

Also tested out bluetooth stereo today in my truck works great.

anon(365490)

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Let me see if this is correct:

On termnal emulator, when I open it up it says:

$ export PATH=/data/local/bin.$PATH
$

Then should I type the commands?
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock5 /system ENTER
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /system/bin/flash_image ENTER
chmod 755 /system/bin/flash_image ENTER
.... and so forth?
Am I missing any steps?

Note: If this is going off topic too much, should I start another thread or go pm route?

The 'export PATH=/data/local/bin.$PATH' looks incorrect to me. This set's the PATH to /data/local/bin.$PATH (see the '.' before $PATH?). My guess is that it should be:
export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
which will prepend /data/local/bin to the current PATH setting. Although I don't know what's put in /data/local/bin that needs to be executed?

Reactions: ravenroost

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
i havent had any problems other than the random facebook app stuff. all other works great so far.
wifi works just amazing. all games/apps i have tried work perfect.
email app sometimes cant find net connection but a simple refresh will solve it.

i have it overclocked at

100% to 30% bat - 787 max 245 min
30% to 15% bat - 600 max 122 min
15% to dead bat - 480 max 122 min

screen off - 320 max 122 min
charging 600 max 122 min
temp up to 43c (as this is the most i saw my stock phone go) - 480max 122min

so far everything works verrry fast, and everything i have tried on it works.
i havent had the problems everyone else has had, maybe i'm lucky, orrrr it's not my time yet. lol.

rockneo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
i havent had any problems other than the random facebook app stuff. all other works great so far.
wifi works just amazing. all games/apps i have tried work perfect.
email app sometimes cant find net connection but a simple refresh will solve it.

i have it overclocked at

100% to 30% bat - 787 max 245 min
30% to 15% bat - 600 max 122 min
15% to dead bat - 480 max 122 min

screen off - 320 max 122 min
charging 600 max 122 min
temp up to 43c (as this is the most i saw my stock phone go) - 480max 122min

so far everything works verrry fast, and everything i have tried on it works.
i havent had the problems everyone else has had, maybe i'm lucky, orrrr it's not my time yet. lol.

Just so you know underclocking past 480 kills your battery more so you're doing more harm then good

Sent from my Optimus V

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Just so you know underclocking past 480 kills your battery more so you're doing more harm then good

Sent from my Optimus V

so with screen off i should place it up to 480 right? i went to sleep around 12ish woke up 10 and it used around 7% normally it would pull close to 20% if not more overnight.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
so with screen off i should place it up to 480 right? i went to sleep around 12ish woke up 10 and it used around 7% normally it would pull close to 20% if not more overnight.

mmarz did a comparison and found the Optimus phones work better clocked no lower then 480. Being as our processor is kinda old and not super duper it requires a bit more to not act like a 18 wheeler climbing the rockies when coming out of sleep.

ravenroost

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
The 'export PATH=/data/local/bin.$PATH' looks incorrect to me. This set's the PATH to /data/local/bin.$PATH (see the '.' before $PATH?). My guess is that it should be:
export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
which will prepend /data/local/bin to the current PATH setting. Although I don't know what's put in /data/local/bin that needs to be executed?

Thanks to everyone that tried to help me last night. After sleeping on it, this morning I decided to unroot my phone and start back at square one.

I downloaded all new files and put them in a folder. And it worked. I can now finally flash other recoveries - current have RA=thunderc-1.1.0-GNM - the same one xda-developers had on the site I used as reference.

I used this as a reference:
HOW TO: Root Optimus V (Virgin Mobile) - xda-developers

Again. Thanks to all for your patience and help. I made need it again. :p

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
jerry just a quick note on bugs..i dont know if this has been a problem or reported or not..but i just flashed your newest build and wiped cache multiple times and i cant receive or send both pictures or video..i installed kemikalette's package and everything works fine

Reactions: JerryScript

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Thank you all. I just installed BACKside IHO and completed reconfiguration. It is working great, very professional work. It is not much but enjoy your beers!

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
jerry just a quick note on bugs..i dont know if this has been a problem or reported or not..but i just flashed your newest build and wiped cache multiple times and i cant receive or send both pictures or video..i installed kemikalette's package and everything works fine

My pix works. Works great.

But when i get vids they have NEVER worked. Ever. Even through stock.

Anyone have any ideas that may get it up and going for vods on this rom. Or just in general.

Sent from my LG-VM670

Link2999

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
[Bug - Backside] Sometimes when scrolling through certain application text, the text will become blocked with white artifact lines (pattern varies on text).

Examples of this include Pulse news sources and Amazon Music (when scrolling through to a song selection, the A through Z pop-ups will be distorted).

Can anyone confirm my finding?

krowley3

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site

Mine did the same thing on an install with just a cache wipe/ dalvik cache wipe. I re-installed doing a full wipe of data and cache and it is all working now. Try to do a fresh install wiping data and cache and report back.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Another issue I had and Im going to try and reproduce it later. But using Green power instead of Juice defender I would have to reboot to toggle between wifi and 3g. Used GP on ath3nos for several days and never had the problem. So far Juice Defender is not doing the same thing but I have rebooted several times trying to get my boot animation set. Somehow I managed to delete it. Ill report back tomorrow regarding this.

Ok this is getting annoying. I dont know what Im doing wrong but same thing happens with Juicedefender. After a bit trying to disable wifi and force 3g on fails and wifi turns itself back on. Rebooted and same thing. This is one of the reasons I didnt like using battery saver apps before on my DX. The ability to override the app is suppose to be there however the app will say screw you ******* Im reverting back to the other way.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance