[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

cybermaniak

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
if youre talking about the COM # for cdma detecting it then .. i too had issues, but try it with your phone off ...worked for me after that :eek:

With CM7 you can?t connect/charge the phone while is off, it automatically reboot/turn on

While it is OFF only works for (froyo based roms)

And if you try this rom http://forums.androidcentral.com/op...h3noss-unofficial-cm7-gingerbread-7-15-a.html it works when the phone is ON

So thats definitely something wrong this build..

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Off topic, if you want to update your prl do you have to do after every flash or does it effect the firmware and is persistent between flashes and roms?

jSterling

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So just installed this Tom last night. Don't notice to huge of a difference.

My wifi keeps dropping in and out, is this a power saving feature I can turn off? I use grooveip for phone.calls so I need it on all the time. Second is I noticed someone asked if supercharger.v6 was loaded, v7, I just installed version 8.. so should I use 7? Can't say I noticed a huge difference though.

Thanks for your time and work on this mod :)

Sent from my Optimistic V IHO V6

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
@drezliok: PRL swaps persist between ROM flashes, no need to redo it.

@jSterling: What are your wifi network settings?

The SuperCharger tweaks are not a part of this ROM, but I am trying them out.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
@drezliok: PRL swaps persist between ROM flashes, no need to redo it.

@jSterling: What are your wifi network settings?

The SuperCharger tweaks are not a part of this ROM, but I am trying them out.

Thanks. I haven't swapped my PRL yet.

I look forward to the supercharger tweaks coming preinstalled.

tsunade2k4

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I haven't swapped my PRL yet.

I look forward to the supercharger tweaks coming preinstalled.

BACKside-IHO is going to remain as close to CM7 as possible, so don't count on those tweaks being added unless Blarf decides to or they get commited to CM7. Running the script takes 30 seconds, and it's a one time thing to do, so it's not much of a pita at all.

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
Only problem, not really a problem, I had with flashing and such is that I didn't realize that cwm uses ext4 instead of ext3 so was confused when it kept saying that my ext3 partition didn't exist when using link2sd. Also couldn't restore a backup with my linked apps working due to this. Finally figured out why and felt rather dumb for not trying a diff ext choice to begin with.

Okay, I'm going to try and consolidate this thread into the XDA thread to simplify my life (plus links posted there are publicly accessible, links posted here are not :/). In the future I'll be checking /here/ a lot less frequently.

I'll change the IHO recovery for the next version. It will, I think, default to formatting ext4, but it should at least recognize ext2/3 as well. IMO ext2 is the way to go actually. But I don't use or test that stuff so... If you're seeing problems with partitioned SD card stuff disappearing make note of which recovery and which version you were using.

WiFi problems are a CM7.1 issue for sure. Unfortunately it's not one I can reproduce.

Supercharger is not something I'm planning on including, but I'll encourage Jerry to include it if he likes it. That said if there are specific OOM settings that would work better than the stock Google defaults, let's have them and I'll incorporate those into the repository.

And, yeah, I removed the factory wipe option from the settings app but forgot to commit it last night.

rockneo

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I'm going to try and consolidate this thread into the XDA thread to simplify my life (plus links posted there are publicly accessible, links posted here are not :/). In the future I'll be checking /here/ a lot less frequently.

I'll change the IHO recovery for the next version. It will, I think, default to formatting ext4, but it should at least recognize ext2/3 as well. IMO ext2 is the way to go actually. But I don't use or test that stuff so... If you're seeing problems with partitioned SD card stuff disappearing make note of which recovery and which version you were using.

WiFi problems are a CM7.1 issue for sure. Unfortunately it's not one I can reproduce.

Supercharger is not something I'm planning on including, but I'll encourage Jerry to include it if he likes it. That said if there are specific OOM settings that would work better than the stock Google defaults, let's have them and I'll incorporate those into the repository.

And, yeah, I removed the factory wipe option from the settings app but forgot to commit it last night.

I've got two things to say, test your **** and **** xda.

Sent from my Optimus V

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
I've got two things to say, test your **** and **** xda.

Please keep in mind that the IHO recovery was something I just whipped up last night. Despite being a bone stock CM recovery (at the time), it's still considered pre-alpha until enough feedback has been received. I don't use or plan to use partitioning on my SD card, thus from my POV it is unsupported and I see no reason to test it. I will, however, work with users who are having problems (as I've indicated above) to make these sorts of unsupported configurations usable.

Without even specifying which recovery was being used (and there are many to choose from for the VM670) I have no idea if people experiencing problems were even using the IHO recovery. Even if I were doing this for money, testing every possible permutation of recovery + IHO build would leave me no time to fix other, more commonly used, features like GPS, BT, and off-mode charging. My hope is that by having one official recovery I can more easily support the weird edge cases and cut down on the complaints of weird behavior because of slight incompatibilities between recovery images.

As I pointed out to one of the mods last night, I'm trying to follow about seven different threads, a few different Github users, and CM's gerrit and bug tracker. Simply trying to parse out which of the problem reports are duplicates, user, or CM error take up far too much of my time. If I can successfully consolidate the discussion into one official thread and the bug reports into something more orderly on Github, I can also make the development and testing process much smoother. XDA is where this project started, so XDA is where I'm going to fall back to.

If you are, OTOH, offering to actually do that testing instead of slinging abusive one liners, I applaud you and sincerely look forward to seeing issues and pull requests opened on Github.

In any case while I've unsubbed from all the AC threads, I'll still be updating the OP in this thread as new builds are released and old ones retired. I can be contacted via Github or at the other forum.

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

so we wont be seeing a wifi fix in the next few builds then?

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I noticed there's a bug when the notification pulldown gets overloaded with notifications you can't scroll to select the clear button. The notifications have to cleared one by one.

I'm going to setup a page on my website for the features of my ROM. I should start adding those features in soon.

jSterling

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Its a shame wifi is a 7.1 problem. I definetly have to go back to 7.0 then I use wifi for phone calls :/ great build otherwise and keep up the good work!

Sent from my Optimistic V IHO V6

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I have no idea what the wifi bug is all about. I've been running this since the 7/30 build. My wifi connects quickly and has never dropped out. Stays rock solid the whole time I'm using it, which is most of the day when I'm at home.

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I have no idea what the wifi bug is all about. I've been running this since the 7/30 build. My wifi connects quickly and has never dropped out. Stays rock solid the whole time I'm using it, which is most of the day when I'm at home.

Me neither, smooth as butter over here. Too bad there's no easy way to discern the difference between those whose wifi works and those whose doesn't.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay