[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
For those with wifi issues.
Try different security types. Some devices don't like all forms of security and sometimes how it is implemented can cause just enough of an issue to keep it from working.

dd-wrt turns your router onto a super router, I highly recommend it!
DD-WRT is great, but it can slow down modern higher-end routers.

Once I get Harmonia straightened out (I have a few things to do), I am going to be putting together an IHO GB version. Nothing to shocking to start with as it's pretty good as it is but I have a few ideas.

cybermaniak

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have tested the battery use today. Charged to 100% and left the phone at a place with good signal for 2 hours and 30 minutes. Wifi, GPS, sync, etc were all on but GPS was off. The battery level went from 100% to just 99%. I am using 08062011 build of IHO right now. Just for Maps 5.8, I have also installed ATK to avoid it running in the background and eating my battery.

Just remember that the drop from 100% to 99% takes a much more time than 99%-98%-97%,etc...

nascar2428

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Once I get Harmonia straightened out (I have a few things to do), I am going to be putting together an IHO GB version. Nothing to shocking to start with as it's pretty good as it is but I have a few ideas.[/QUOTE]

This is great news!! The more the merrier!!

larryc

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
Anyone still experiencing the strange highlighting bugs? (I still am). I tried Cyanogen Settings>>Performance>>Enable Surface Dithering both on and off, and the problem persists. Is there a fix for this, or is this one of the things on the list of known issues?

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Anyone still experiencing the strange highlighting bugs? (I still am). I tried Cyanogen Settings>>Performance>>Enable Surface Dithering both on and off, and the problem persists. Is there a fix for this, or is this one of the things on the list of known issues?

I still have the issue. Mainly in fbook app switching from recent, top, etc. I experienced it 1 time elsewhere for like .2 seconds.

Extremely small issue for such a great build.

Sent from my LG-VM670

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I don't have any problems on the screen and never touched surface Dithering settings. I would make sure using at least BACKside 08/03 build or later and flashing it properly as described in the Wiki.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any problems on the screen and never touched surface Dithering settings. I would make sure using at least BACKside 08/03 build or later and flashing it properly as described in the Wiki.

I believe im still using 7/28 or around that. I just dont wanna have to reinstall apps and get everything signed up. Or is ther a way to just update?

Sent from my LG-VM670

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
By the way, for those flip-flopping between this and Harmonia (I know many here are, including myself)...

I'm re-writing the installer to work with other recoveries.
Version 1.5 will work with Xionia and the installers for this, making switching back and forth easier.

Death to recovery swaps!

Also, I setup an old laptop as a Linux box (rather than resorting to VM or my tablet), Harmonia GB is coming..

harukay

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Installed version 8/6 runs smooth but I can't use any other keyboards except for the android keyboard that came with it. I tried swype and other keyboards from the market and they don't work. In the keyboard setting I can select the keyboard I want but once I go back and into it again its unchecked. I wiped everything before installing this version. Any one else having this problem? Never had this problem with the older versions

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I believe im still using 7/28 or around that. I just dont wanna have to reinstall apps and get everything signed up. Or is ther a way to just update?

Sent from my LG-VM670

Update is easier. You could try updating first. If it does not help, I would wipe everything clean and flash the latest build. If you just update, you will not loose the user apps (normally :)). For flashing after wiping clean, I use Titanium to backup my user apps and their data in the SD-CARD. It is easy to restore the applications after a clean install if you have the backup on SD. Just install Titanium backup from the market after your first boot and start restoring the apps. It takes at most 30 minutes to setup/reconfigure everything. Wiki has the step-by-step guide (see OP) for flashing clean and updating from the previous build. And, I would do system backup in the recovery before flashing the new build as well, just for safety.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Update is easier. You could try updating first. If it does not help, I would wipe everything clean and flash the latest build. If you just update, you will not loose the user apps (normally :)). For flashing after wiping clean, I use Titanium to backup my user apps and their data in the SD-CARD. It is easy to restore the applications after a clean install if you have the backup on SD. Just install Titanium backup from the market after your first boot and start restoring the apps. It takes at most 30 minutes to setup/reconfigure everything. Wiki has the step-by-step guide (see OP) for flashing clean and updating from the previous build. And, I would do system backup in the recovery before flashing the new build as well, just for safety.

So i just flash the updated build and it should update it?

Otherwise just backup everything and wipe it then flash.

Well i meant.

Backup
Try to update.
If update dont work, wipe clean
Flash updated
Restore apps.

That tthe gist?

Sent from my LG-VM670

larryc

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
I still have the issue. Mainly in fbook app switching from recent, top, etc. I experienced it 1 time elsewhere for like .2 seconds.
I see the display problem 100% of the time in the Amazon App store when refreshing the "My apps" list and it shows "Checking for new apps".

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
For the mrg666 version, when I plug in the USB, I don't get the option to mount the USB to my computer.

If you don't get the notification when you plub in the USB cable, go into

settings>>applications>>development>>(check or uncheck) USB debugging

Once you either check or uncheck USB debugging, it should take you to the screen giving you the option to mount the sdcard.

Ksjuggalo

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
By the way, for those flip-flopping between this and Harmonia (I know many here are, including myself)...

I'm re-writing the installer to work with other recoveries.
Version 1.5 will work with Xionia and the installers for this, making switching back and forth easier.

Death to recovery swaps!

Also, I setup an old laptop as a Linux box (rather than resorting to VM or my tablet), Harmonia GB is coming..

YES PLEASE!!!!! Loved harmonia 1.3.1 but the gingerbread man lured me away. It's those damn gumdrop buttons that get me.

Awesome work...hats off to all the devs here!!!!

On a side note DD-WRT!!!! FTW. Sorry but I had to put my vote in. Spent less than 80 bucks on my Buffalo n router, had DD installed from factory. Ive setup pro routers for customers that cost way more and did way less...sorry off topic.
<taking my place in the corner now>

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So i just flash the updated build and it should update it?

Otherwise just backup everything and wipe it then flash.

Well i meant.

Backup
Try to update.
If update dont work, wipe clean
Flash updated
Restore apps.

That tthe gist?

Sent from my LG-VM670

Before you flash, you at least need to wipe cache/dalvik-cache. This is pretty much always necessary.

And be sure you are using the options to install zip from sdcard, not to flash update.zip!!!

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Before you flash, you at least need to wipe cache/dalvik-cache. This is pretty much always necessary.

And be sure you are using the options to install zip from sdcard, not to flash update.zip!!!

Ty! Will try update right and post up results on the bug fix or problem

Sent from my LG-VM670

DF3

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Tried out mrg666's version, and I'm unable to download apps from the market due to having insufficient space even though I have plenty. Other then that everything seems to be working fine.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have just uploaded the 08072011 IHO build. You can find it in the IHO Wiki. There are no important changes, just translation updates in Camera, Contacts, Email apps from CM7.1 repository. So, you can skip this update if you already have flashed any build after 08/03/2011. I was just testing my upgraded Linux server and this build appeared after testing :D As always, I have tested the build on my OV and I am running it right now.

Reactions: arhtard

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon