[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
If you don't get the notification when you plub in the USB cable, go into

settings>>applications>>development>>(check or uncheck) USB debugging

Once you either check or uncheck USB debugging, it should take you to the screen giving you the option to mount the sdcard.

Didn't work.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
just updated. wifi connects a ton sooner than it used to. like 5 seconds compared to the 20-30. i liked the older boot screen but this one is still b.a.

the screen glitch still happens. but it may be related to the green machine theme? idk???? sorry bout the spot where i granted superuser rights. since my last flash this was the only time i've actually needed to use it lol.

CAP201108072329.png

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
This was happening even with the stock 2.2 ROM. I was able to solve just by unplugging, waiting 10-15 seconds, and replugging the USB cable. I assume you have Windows 7, right? It can also help installing the LG drivers on your computer if you have not done yet.

I do have the drivers installed installed. Reverting back to Bumblebee, this works and it works everytime. Never had this problem before.

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
For those with wifi issues.
Try different security types. Some devices don't like all forms of security and sometimes how it is implemented can cause just enough of an issue to keep it from working.

Sure. But do keep in mind that pretty much anything other than WPA2/AES is going to be insecure. WiFi is on my list of things to look at, but it sounds like there may be known issues with the DHCP client getting itself into a state where you'll not have an IP address and not have a way of acquiring one.

Seems like there may be two issues: one with WPA/WPA2 and one with DHCP.

its to a point where i won't check in everyday, if at all now, for an update or new release
this is my new "rom of choice"

thumbs up and 4 stars!

Glad to hear it. If it's at that point please consider donating. :)

Reactions: arhtard

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Blarf. As soon as i get some extra moolah ill def donate to your beer fund! Top notch work you do.

Sent from my LG-VM670

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
lovin the rom so far. just updated to the new cyanogen branded one.

noticed it has an MIUI FM tuner app in the drawer, cannot for the life of me get it to work.

why is this included in the rom if it doesnt work? or does it work and im doing something wrong?

i also tried "sprint radio" app with every audio method enabled. different headphones too. su granted and everything.

I read up that the Optimus One P500 has FM hardware and the variants have it (OV, OS, vortex,) but it goes completely unused in the stock roms for the variants

if anyone has info on this let me know please. I use tune-in radio to stream from 3G, but i actually listen to the radio a lot and being able to use the FM signal rather than 3G streaming would be a huge plus for me

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
lovin the rom so far. just updated to the new cyanogen branded one.

noticed it has an MIUI FM tuner app in the drawer, cannot for the life of me get it to work.

why is this included in the rom if it doesnt work? or does it work and im doing something wrong?

i also tried "sprint radio" app with every audio method enabled. different headphones too. su granted and everything.

I read up that the Optimus One P500 has FM hardware and the variants have it (OV, OS, vortex,) but it goes completely unused in the stock roms for the variants

if anyone has info on this let me know please. I use tune-in radio to stream from 3G, but i actually listen to the radio a lot and being able to use the FM signal rather than 3G streaming would be a huge plus for me

I just checked it out too. To no avail couldnt get it to work either

Sent from my LG-VM670

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, that FM radio app shouldn't be in there, it was an experiment, I keep forgetting to remove it before building. :-\

I have an experimental build ready (link on first page and in the wiki), this one will have the green machine theme built in. It has a couple of wifi tweaks we hope will help those with wifi issues, bootsound support (thanks eollie), camera exposure (still buggy, but better), no more reset of death under privacy settings, added video icon to app drawer (thanks asadullah), smaller LatinIME.apk (thanks to mmarz's script), and most of the bloat removed (wallpapers, large ringtones, themes, extra tts languages).

To change the bootsound at startup, replace the android_audio.mp3 file in /system/media, or just delete it for no bootsound.
Thanks to eollie for the blast from the past mp3 file! :cool:

YouTube -- Green Machine

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I just checked it out too. To no avail couldnt get it to work either

Sent from my LG-VM670

The FM radio hardware is NOT present on this phone. That is one of the things cut to reduce the cost of the phone.
That is why it is trying to enable bluetooth when you do, so it can connect to a bluetooth FM system.

The tuner is there because it is left over from CM source.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, that FM radio app shouldn't be in there, it was an experiment, I keep forgetting to remove it before building. :-\

I have an experimental build ready (link on first page and in the wiki), this one will have the green machine theme built in. It has a couple of wifi tweaks we hope will help those with wifi issues, bootsound support (thanks eollie), camera exposure (still buggy, but better), no more reset of death under privacy settings, added video icon to app drawer (thanks asadullah), smaller LatinIME.apk (thanks to mmarz's script), and most of the bloat removed (wallpapers, large ringtones, themes, extra tts languages).

To change the bootsound at startup, replace the android_audio.mp3 file in /system/media, or just delete it for no bootsound.
Thanks to eollie for the blast from the past mp3 file! :cool:

YouTube -- Green Machine

Experimental update or build? Lol. I mean it sounds like if we dont have problems with the current build then this is not to us, more or less the guys having issues and those tempted to press factory reset lol :)

Jw

Sent from my LG-VM670

defcon545

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Well i decided to try IHO today for the first time, bad experience lol. I tried BOBZ CM7.1 and IHO and with both i had a couple of problems.
1. When trying to install programs it would freeze installing and just freeze, when i put phone on sleep and turned on again it had a wierd screen.
2. Most times when i would try and get back to home, the home button wouldent work and i would be stuck at a home screen with no dock bar, and i couldent access the menu for it either.
Yes, i did the usual Wipe Dalvik, Format Cache/Data/System, install zip etc.. The problems were only on these two roms, when i went back to AOSP 6/1 build all the problems were gone, i just wanted to know if others were experiencing these problems or if mine was just an isolated incident.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Experimental update or build? Lol. I mean it sounds like if we dont have problems with the current build then this is not to us, more or less the guys having issues and those tempted to press factory reset lol :)

Jw

Sent from my LG-VM670

If you aren't having issues, aren't the kind of person who likes to flash ROMs all day, and you don't care to have a customizable bootsound, and you don't need more room (smaller build package), then no, you probably don't need to try it.

Oh yeah, I removed the FM apk as well. ;)

Well i decided to try IHO today for the first time, bad experience lol. I tried BOBZ CM7.1 and IHO and with both i had a couple of problems.
1. When trying to install programs it would freeze installing and just freeze, when i put phone on sleep and turned on again it had a wierd screen.
2. Most times when i would try and get back to home, the home button wouldent work and i would be stuck at a home screen with no dock bar, and i couldent access the menu for it either.
Yes, i did the usual Wipe Dalvik, Format Cache/Data/System, install zip etc.. The problems were only on these two roms, when i went back to AOSP 6/1 build all the problems were gone, i just wanted to know if others were experiencing these problems or if mine was just an isolated incident.

Did you restore system apps with Titanium Backup or something like it? There haven't been any reports of that kind of behavior. It sounds like a bad download if not the system issue, did you check the md5sum posted?

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
just realized this was answered 20 times ... sorry mods for the reply :(

yeah, i dont think that works. I dont remember where but i think i remember reading that it was pretty useless on this build. I think others will chime in with a definitive answer. its one of the first apps i automatically remove every time. I think its there to keep it 'stock' ....although imo if it doesnt work, well it kind of beats the purpose..

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze