[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I have uploaded 08092011 build of pure IHO build to wiki. Changes are here.

Comes with r1.1 kernel and camera fixes.
I couldn't find the changes using the links you provided..am i missing something ? is it the same as jerrys changes?... and im too old to navigate trough github..its unruly.. Ive been using your version and i think its a fantastic rom. :)

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
if youve never done it be very very csreful. i tri boot os x ubuntu 11 and win7. did NOT go well the first few times i tried to make this set up work. haha.

if you dual boot ubuntu, do not try to un do it without repairing the new boot partition. just some helpful advice lol. its possible to "brick" a pc
soft-bricked pc's can often be fixed with a live linux distro on cd or usb stick, or a utility like hiren boot cd, and a little research into boot errors.
I highly recommend hiren boot cd (all freeware, win and linux) as an emergency tool to keep around.

on topic, I like backside so far and still haven't even tried a build from this month yet!
my wifi AP has never had a hiccup, and with blarf's kernel usb-charge voltage mod my phone actually charges while wifi tethered and plugged in!
too poor to donate, as usual; sorry about that.
I'll put a new build on soon to try it out, just on principle.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
soft-bricked pc's can often be fixed with a live linux distro on cd or usb stick, or a utility like hiren boot cd, and a little research into boot errors.
I highly recommend hiren boot cd (all freeware, win and linux) as an emergency tool to keep around.

on topic, I like backside so far and still haven't even tried a build from this month yet!
my wifi AP has never had a hiccup, and with blarf's kernel usb-charge voltage mod my phone actually charges while wifi tethered and plugged in!
too poor to donate, as usual; sorry about that.
I'll put a new build on soon to try it out, just on principle.

I backed up my PC and made a recovery on a thumb drive first, it was actually pretty simple thanks to Jerry, do you have widows7 on a Mac or osx on a pc? And to keep this post legit, this rom rocks

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't find the changes using the links you provided..am i missing something ? is it the same as jerrys changes?... and im too old to navigate trough github..its unruly.. Ive been using your version and i think its a fantastic rom. :)

The Github link is really a news feed for activities done on the different branches of source code for this ROM. I think it's a better idea for those posting ROMs to just summarize in english what changes come with the most recent build. As far as I can tell, the latest build adds the fix to camera exposure. I'm still not sure how to interpret the CM7.1 changes though (although a lot of them don't even apply to our device). Maybe during the build process or 'repo sync', the builders get a better idea what kind of major CM7.1 changes went in.

Reactions: notown

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

Changes are on the right column under Public Activity heading. The changes are the ones done by Blarf and the other developers from other repositories such as CM7.1. AFAIK, Jerry is adding more changes of his own, some of them are experimental fixes that are not in IHO yet, some of them are modifications in the ROM. I don't add any changes of my own. It is pure IHO.

Last edited:

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Some tweaks and mods for battery life and performance in flashable zips would be nice.

The battery & performance are already pretty good, it really depends on what apps you have installed. To improve battery further, turn off 3G data or disable apps that update using 3G data in the background or use some sort of app like Juice Defender to automate this. To improve performance (at the risk of battery power), overclock or use Interactive/Smartass Governor instead of Ondemand. Although I don't think the slight gain is worth it.

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
The battery & performance are already pretty good, it really depends on what apps you have installed. To improve battery further, turn off 3G data or disable apps that update using 3G data in the background or use some sort of app like Juice Defender to automate this. To improve performance (at the risk of battery power), overclock or use Interactive/Smartass Governor instead of Ondemand. Although I don't think the slight gain is worth it.

Thanks. Do these roms have the dalvik cache to cache mod? If so, what happens if i select the wipe dalvik cache option from recovery?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I've added a few tweaks in the latest builds of BACKside to allow for bootsounds, a wifi patch we are testing, and to add the video icon into the app drawer. Since the begining I also changed the bootanimation and updater-script to make things a bit less boring during installs. ;)

IHO does have the dalvik to cache mod, it's the first script in init.d

Reactions: mustafu

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I was loving this rom until I noticed the terrible battery life. I had everything turned off. I removed all uneeded apps and moved apps to sd. Battery was going down fast just by moving around on the home screen. Went back to bumblebee.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Not a fan of the new startup sound. Phone automatically rebooted at work and although the volume was off and headphones were in, it played full volume throughout the office. Had to pull the battery and now I can't turn my phone on. Will be deleting it as soon as possible...
Even if you have everything turned off the boot sound will play no matter what. If you forget next time you update and it happens slap the phone under your but. I dont have a big butt and its muffled enough most people would think it was somebodies headphones got turned up on accident.

I just noticed that my notification tone that plays isn't the one I have set to play, its not a problem its just strang, by the way I love the boot sound, I'm looking for an animation to match now
Jerry has idea he is working on. I wont mention it right now but stay tuned. I also did some looking around and will be trying a couple things. Most boot animations readily available are focused on android or the phone itself.

I was loving this rom until I noticed the terrible battery life. I had everything turned off. I removed all uneeded apps and moved apps to sd. Battery was going down fast just by moving around on the home screen. Went back to bumblebee.
IIRC you also have tons and tons of things you shut off to "save" battery. Turning everything off will hurt you more then letting some things run. Not sure what you have your clock settings at but its been shown 480 will be the best minimum speed for 90% of the people.

Why not do this, install the rom set it up like you would bumblebee then run a log cat for an hour. Post that on pastebin and on github. Then revert to stock setting and do the same. Saying it has terrible battery life and not helping by posting a logcat is just uneeded fluff.

Dont take that as a insult but more of a give more to get more suggestion.

xabbott

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I noticed poor battery life if I turned on Wifi at anypoint. Going to try the unthemed experimental build though to see if it's any better.

Last edited:

israelsalinas14

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
Well I set it to 806-787 just like I have it on bumblebee. It drained like 10% off a full charge in about 3 hours of mostly standby and a few texts. I had 3g off. That was never a problem with bumblebee. I flashed back to bumblebee and got about 25mb of ram back which were used up in IHO. Im just saying. I think this rom is awesome, but to me battery life is one of the most important things. 480 isnt the best min speed for battery life. For the best battery life set it to 806-806 max and min. 806 uses the least amount of power to complete tasks. I personally have it on 806-787 since my optimus would reboot sometimes on 806-806, but thats cause my optimus is pretty lazy and 806 is is the highest it goes.

koopakid08

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Well I set it to 806-787 just like I have it on bumblebee. It drained like 10% off a full charge in about 3 hours of mostly standby and a few texts. I had 3g off. That was never a problem with bumblebee. I flashed back to bumblebee and got about 25mb of ram back which were used up in IHO. Im just saying. I think this rom is awesome, but to me battery life is one of the most important things. 480 isnt the best min speed for battery life. For the best battery life set it to 806-806 max and min. 806 uses the least amount of power to complete tasks. I personally have it on 806-787 since my optimus would reboot sometimes on 806-806, but thats cause my optimus is pretty lazy and 806 is is the highest it goes.

Why would you have your cpu at max speeds all the time? Bring the min speed way down and then talk about battery life.

---
- Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Why would you have your cpu at max speeds all the time? Bring the min speed way down and then talk about battery life.

---
- Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

I believe there used to be a thread where someone tested various ROMs & min/max CPU settings, and reached the conclusion that increasing the min CPU didn't drain more battery, but just finished whatever calculations faster. But I think they were all done using one kernel (Picasticks?), and it may not apply to other kernels like today. I use mine at default 245/600 Ondemand and get great battery life & runs pretty smooth.