[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

blarf

Jul 8, 2011
github.com
Just donated, it's not much, consider it beer money :)

BTW, I'm now running 245-480 conservative governor given the info you posted earlier, it's still smooth enough for me, will see if the battery gets even better.

I would leave the max at 600MHz. Generally when coming out of sleep ondemand will jump to the max pretty quickly and ramp it back down. I'm using a widget to monitor battery temp and CPU speed, and you'd be surprised how little time the phone spends at maximum clock speed (even while playing music or using live wallpaper).

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I would leave the max at 600MHz. Generally when coming out of sleep ondemand will jump to the max pretty quickly and ramp it back down. I'm using a widget to monitor battery temp and CPU speed, and you'd be surprised how little time the phone spends at maximum clock speed (even while playing music or using live wallpaper).

I'm just trying it out for kicks. For some reason I have in my mind the CPU, at max freq, is doing a lot of waiting for memory reads/writes, so the higher freq is wasted, especially considering that max voltage step (Power = CV^2f), voltage has an exponential effect on power use.

I'm willing to try a kernel set to something like below if you need testers. It seems like a simple enough change (along the lines of scheduler tweaking), and I'd do it myself, but compiling a new kernel is what holds me back.

120/122MHz: +2
200/245MHz: +3
320/400MHz: +4
480MHz: +5
600MHz: +6
Above 600MHz: +7 (max)

EDIT: I switched back to Ondemand governor 245-480, and it's just as smooth as 245-600. The Conservative governor seems to be a bit slower, and since Ondemand is capable of keeping the CPU under max anyway, I'll stick with these settings to see how it runs & affects battery.

Last edited:

narrow_minded#WN

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm using mrg's IHO build to see if I get any different battery life than I did with BACKside (no offense, Jerry... love your work!).

So far, the only issue I'm seeing is the WiFi bug. It randomly cuts out on me.

wagonburner

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed 8 -10 version of backside and I have the nexus wallpaper running but no way to pick a different wallpaper and livwallpaperpicker.apk wasn't in system/apps was it disabled or could this be just me? Edit? I did fix it and now I'm so happy that I got up and did a joy joy dance.

Last edited:
Reactions: JerryScript

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Still didn't work.

Ok I had the same issue. Just updated to the 8/10 and no boot sound.

Here is how to fix it.
Make sure you are mounting in r/w mode on each of these steps.
Using a app like root explorer, goto /system/bin and delete the file bootsound.
Back out to /system now open build.prop in text editor mode, look for this text.
Code:
ro.config.play.bootsound=1
Delete it from the build.prop and save and exit.

This is optional but recommened.
Reboot phone.
Verify no sound is playing.

Now run the script again and reboot.
You should have a boot sound again.

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Ok I had the same issue. Just updated to the 8/10 and no boot sound.

Here is how to fix it.
Make sure you are mounting in r/w mode on each of these steps.
Using a app like root explorer, goto /system/bin and delete the file bootsound.
Back out to /system now open build.prop in text editor mode, look for this text.
Code:
ro.config.play.bootsound=1
Delete it from the build.prop and save and exit.

This is optional but recommened.
Reboot phone.
Verify no sound is playing.

Now run the script again and reboot.
You should have a boot sound again.

Success!!! It worked. Thanks. :D

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
So, yes, I there's a good reason why LG (and I) chose 245MHz as the default minimum CPU clock speed. It will lower power consumption. I will hide 122MHz from the CM interface because that simply is too slow to be useful (and you will have delays unlocking your phone and some missed phone calls).

I tried using my phone with min frequency set to 122 Mhz and using an app called 'CPU Spy', it says the idle state when I'm reading a static page (like a webpage, or ebook) is now 122 instead of 245. Because this frequency has a voltage step lower than 245 Mhz, it would conserve a bit more power for active-reading use (not playing games), which could potentially account for a majority of screen-on time for non-gamers.

I also noticed that calls come through just fine at the 122 Mhz, the time between the ringer & screen on is slightly longer (maybe 1-2 secs), but not in danger as to miss a 30-second ring window. So I would suggest keeping the 122 frequency option so it's available as an ultra-conservation mode.

notown

SAMLOKA
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
starting the camera via side button or cam app restarts my phone o_O on latest build

edit* my bad, uninstalled the 3rd party camera app fixed this bug

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
starting the camera via side button or app restarts my phone o_O

What's your overclock set to? The number one cause of camera crashes is too high of an overclock.

I just tested the button to be sure there wasn't an issue, the camera started up fine three times in a row.

Reactions: notown

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair