[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
To get my theme to work I had to upload the systemui.apk and and framework-rs.apk. Then after downloading the theme I had to swap the update binary with the one from rom zip file. Look at the help topic on the kitchen main page for the one about a error 0 when trying to flash the theme. You will have to flash it as a zip from recovery, it won't install as a theme for the theme chooser. It was a little more work, but IMO it was worth it to get my own theme.

Last edited:

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
My problem too. I'll upload theme (RedRemix for CM7) in the kitchen. Then I'll change some things like battery icon. Then cook it. Then flash the zip file. But when I try to install the theme in theme chooser, it says theme not configured correctly can not install or something like that.

Sorry for going off topic.

If you use a theme apk as your base you don't flash it you install it like any other cm7 theme.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If you use a theme apk as your base you don't flash it you install it like any other cm7 theme.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

But I suspect riggerman did more than just the typical mods. The lock screen and a couple others are not able to be changed via the theme chooser.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have just uploaded 08122011 pure IHO build to wiki. The details of the changes are here.

Short list of changes:
- Blarf added latest CM7.1 updates. This build has the official WiFi fix from CM7 branch and thanks to Jerry and Bob for testing it before getting into IHO. I have removed the followings to reduce the package size further.
- Smaller language set: English (US, UK), Spanish, German, French, and Italian
- Removed CMWallpapers.apk. Just make a folder in your SD with your favorite pictures and use Gallery to set your wallpaper.
- Removed a few of the largest size ring tones.
- Removed FM application which is not working.

Tested on my phone and everything seems to be working. Please thank Blarf, Jerry, Bob.

Last edited:

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
But I suspect riggerman did more than just the typical mods. The lock screen and a couple others are not able to be changed via the theme chooser.
Yes I did. I have a new lock screen,, status bar, notification window, and boot animation. Like I said, it took a few more steps but it was worth it.

aaron5775

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
I just tried some themes but don't like any of them. When I said themes I was actually just talking about different backgrounds like Live Wallpapers n such.

However this last theme screwed up the bottom bar that has the Launcher button, Cell call button, and WWW launcher button. It now has 5 buttons with 2 not being used, how do I remove them?

Also, I already have some Live Wallpapers installed, how do I select them?I can't even get the original backgrounds I had previously from the ROM install back on. When I go to change the wallpaper my only options are to choose from my gallery or File Manager, before it had another option "configure" that let me choose a few different pictures, but not the Live Wallpapers which is what I'm really trying to get.

aaron5775

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry for the stupid question, but where can I download this rom from?

click here

That will list 4 ROMs (for the Optimus V) that will take you to pages where you can download those ROMs as well as instructions.
I just downloaded the ROM from the 3rd post on this thread which is the BACKside rom.

If you think that was a stupid question just read the things I ask. I'm still lost trying to change the background lol

Reactions: MrMACHOMAN86

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I just tried some themes but don't like any of them. When I said themes I was actually just talking about different backgrounds like Live Wallpapers n such.

However this last theme screwed up the bottom bar that has the Launcher button, Cell call button, and WWW launcher button. It now has 5 buttons with 2 not being used, how do I remove them?

Also, I already have some Live Wallpapers installed, how do I select them?I can't even get the original backgrounds I had previously from the ROM install back on. When I go to change the wallpaper my only options are to choose from my gallery or File Manager, before it had another option "configure" that let me choose a few different pictures, but not the Live Wallpapers which is what I'm really trying to get.

This is going to sound like Im being a prick, trust me Im not.

First off what launcher are you using?
Second most themes for launchers change things like the dock buttons and such.

If you are using the stock launcher with the phone hit menu>settings>adw settings.
In there you will find everything you asked about except the live wallpaper changer.
Play with it get familiar with it. You can always do a restore withing the app as well as backup your settings.

The best thing to do is play with it and get familiar with the settings. See what they do.

As for your live wallpapers..well Jerry has uploaded a file to replace the livewallpaperpicker.apk. He kinda deleted it on accident instead of the stock live walppapers. Search the thread and you will find it.

Bluntsworth

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
so is the ath3nos still this best rom to put on this hoe? Whats the difference between jerry's iho and ath3nos anyway cause I've been using that one for a good two weeks and it works pretty stable except the 3g kinda sucks .

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Athenos is hardly even supported anymore from the looks of things.
Marzz hasn't been seen in a month, in terms of roms for this phone, that is an eternity.

While I hope he comes back, at this point you woudl probably be better off on IHO. granted if Athenos is working for you, keep it, but if you want to keep pushing for better or want support, it's time to drop it until Marzz gets back.

Unfortunately, in terms of supported roms, we seem to be down to two choices. Kind of sad really.

Reactions: Bluntsworth

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

If you are using the included ADW Launcher, go into:
settings>>ADWLauncher>>UI Settings>>Main Dock Style
Then select 3 icons, to get back to the default look. To change/move any of these icons off the dock bar, long press them and when the popup appears, keep pressing and drag it where you want it.

The livewallpaperpicker.apk is attached below, go into recovery and flash it like you did the ROM, no need to wipe anything.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
so is the ath3nos still this best rom to put on this hoe? Whats the difference between jerry's iho and ath3nos anyway cause I've been using that one for a good two weeks and it works pretty stable except the 3g kinda sucks .

ath3nos was built off the original IHO repository about two months ago, with the last update being about a month ago I believe. Blarf has made alot of changes to IHO since then, bluetooth is fixed, custom ringtones are fixed, market recognizes the phone as VM670 instead of MidTexas, USB tethering support added, faster USB charging added, wifi bugs fixed, the list goes on and on. Not to mention the fact ath3nos is build for the Optimus S, whereas BACKside-IHO is built for the Optimus V, no need to switch keys or apns.conf files. ;)

Reactions: Bluntsworth

aaron5775

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Find an empty space on the launcher screen, touch your finger and wait until menu pops up and select Wallpaper :)

That's how I was changing it before I tried some themes, but I was going to an option "customize" that isn't available now when I try this. My only options are "File Manager" (where I have no clue where the wallpapers are stored), and Gallery which just has pictures taken with the phone.

First off what launcher are you using? - I don't know, I'm using the Backside ROM found on the 3rd post of this thread then just downloaded some ADW themes. I guess the stock one.
Second most themes for launchers change things like the dock buttons and such. - This one just added 2 buttons to the bottom bar, the look has changed back but I don't need the 2 extra spaces. Because it added 2 button spaces, it subsequently removed the side buttons that change to the other screens. Swiping side to side still gets to those other screens, but I always prefer using the buttons since this 600mhz processor doesn't always exactly keep things very smooth.

If you are using the stock launcher with the phone hit menu>settings>adw settings.
In there you will find everything you asked about except the live wallpaper changer. - I can go here to change themes, but not change backgrounds, or at least I'm not seeing where I go for that. The theme changer doesn't show any of the Live Wallpapers or regular wallpapers I've had previously installed.

I might just go with a different ROM anyway, this one I'm on has some quirks I don't really care for. The main reason I changed from the one I was using was hoping to get better battery life, but it seems even worse now.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
That's how I was changing it before I tried some themes, but I was going to an option "customize" that isn't available now when I try this. My only options are "File Manager" (where I have no clue where the wallpapers are stored), and Gallery which just has pictures taken with the phone.

I might just go with a different ROM anyway, this one I'm on has some quirks I don't really care for. The main reason I changed from the one I was using was hoping to get better battery life, but it seems even worse now.

Takes some time to figure out whatt works for you and your phone. And quirks can be used to your advantage or worked around. All in how much time you wanna spend. I have pretty good battery life.(as good as battery life gets, i know most of us are pushing the ov waay further than meant to)

Sent from my LG-VM670

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I know there a many of you who want a more lightweight version. Building one is not too difficult, but in the interest of ensuring that I don't introduce anymore bugs doing so (like accidentally removing LiveWallPapersPicker.apk ;)), I don't plan on releasing BACKside stripped down for the time being.

For those who do want to strip their install down, here's info on how to do it easily, and which of the pre-installed apps are safe to remove:
Barebones - CyanogenMod Wiki

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I would like to flash this ROM, but I'm confused as to which version to download. I want the most updated "Pure" version. I'm thinking that's probably mrg666's version which was last updated yesterday, but I'm not sure. God, it's been so long since I've done any of this! I feel like I did when I was flashing my first ROM again!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay