[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Alpha06#AC

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
I am getting absolutely insane battery life on the latest update (8.10.11). I leave my phone on sleep mode all night long, turn it on, and it only drops by around 15% in charge. Before using this version, I used to wake up and have 15% charge remaining!

Only major issue is that I am having instability/FC with google maps.

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I would like to flash this ROM, but I'm confused as to which version to download. I want the most updated "Pure" version. I'm thinking that's probably mrg666's version which was last updated yesterday, but I'm not sure. God, it's been so long since I've done any of this! I feel like I did when I was flashing my first ROM again!

mrg666 is probably the most pure, if not completely pure. It's a good version. I only prefer BobZs because we seems to see eye to eye on the launcher, which he goes with launcherpro and he includes the V6 script which I use, so by the time I flash it, it's pretty much setup how I want it. All the versions are good because they have the same base, with personal tweaks added to each.

fstmstngs

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm new to this rom and I'm having a weird screen draw issue. I'm using jerryscripts latest build from 8/10.
View attachment 13621
Notice the odd curving line at the bottom? When I first veiw this screen, the screen is drawn correctly... MB used in grey and MB free in a light green with a flat line crossing over the top of them. I'm pretty sure its not a problem with the install, as I've wiped everything and reinstalled twice. It occurred both times.

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
mrg666 is probably the most pure, if not completely pure. It's a good version. I only prefer BobZs because we seems to see eye to eye on the launcher, which he goes with launcherpro and he includes the V6 script which I use, so by the time I flash it, it's pretty much setup how I want it. All the versions are good because they have the same base, with personal tweaks added to each.

Really? I might use that one, because ALL I use is launcherPro, and haven't ever used another launcher. It hasn't been updated for a few days, does it usually? I don't want to flash it and then find out he stopped maintaining it :p

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys. I'm new to this rom and I'm having a weird screen draw issue. I'm using jerryscripts latest build from 8/10.
View attachment 13621
Notice the odd curving line at the bottom? When I first veiw this screen, the screen is drawn correctly... MB used in grey and MB free in a light green with a flat line crossing over the top of them. I'm pretty sure its not a problem with the install, as I've wiped everything and reinstalled twice. It occurred both times.

That looks normal, like what's on my phone too. The curve line is supposed to repsent that the running services belong in the "Used RAM" section. it's like a horizontal curly brace.

fstmstngs

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
That looks normal, like what's on my phone too. The curve line is supposed to repsent that the running services belong in the "Used RAM" section. it's like a horizontal curly brace.

I see. I thought it was something wrong because it doesn't fit in with the rest of the ui... you have to admit, it does look a bit out of place. Thanks for the reply.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Really? I might use that one, because ALL I use is launcherPro, and haven't ever used another launcher. It hasn't been updated for a few days, does it usually? I don't want to flash it and then find out he stopped maintaining it :p

It hasn't been updated in a few days because nothing new/fix has come out. I will continue to update it when it needs to be and as long as I have the OV. I was thinking about upgrading to the Triumph, but it has way too many problems with it.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Continuing my pursuit of slimming down the ROM while keeping it as a pure build, I have just uploaded 08132011 pure IHO build to wiki. The details of the changes are here.

Short list of changes in addition to the previous build
- Removed Androidian and Cyanbread themes.
- Blarf's audio library clean up and minor updates from CM branch.

Tested on my phone and everything seems to be working. Please thank Blarf, Jerry, Bob.

Edit: You can still download the removed themes from the wiki at the bottom and install them with a file manager.

Last edited:

reaper420

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Continuing my pursuit of slimming down the ROM while keeping it as a pure build, I have just uploaded 08132011 pure IHO build to wiki. The details of the changes are here.

- Removed CMStats and CMUpdateNotify since this is an unofficial build.

Tested on my phone and everything seems to be working. Please thank Blarf, Jerry, Bob.
Can I install this on top of jerrys build our do I need to do a clean install

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

- Removed CMStats and CMUpdateNotify since this is an unofficial build.

Any chance u could offer the cyanbread theme as a flashable addon or something like that. I have never liked the green of stock or androidian and the CyanbreadX from the market has the transparent notification drop down I also don't care for. I am using the 0812 release of ur IHO iteration and I am totally down with the stripping down of the CM7.1 but keeping it pure that ur doing. Just hope I dont have to lose the cyanbread :)

P.S. Not sure if anyone noticed but there are several ringtone doubles with different names but are the same ringtone. Just another thing worth stripping maybe.

ejlmd

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I remember that some of the IHO users were asking for the stock launcher. I have compiled the stock Android launcher from the IHO repository (this is not a copy from another forum) and uploaded here. You can download it and install with a file manager. It will replace the launcher that came with the ROM as an update (not an alternative launcher). I have confirmed on my phone that it works. Then, I uninstalled and went back to default ADWLauncher :) MD5 sum: 7174E63CFADD11D822A5E271DFFD3890

Worked beautifully but on reboot reverted to ADW. :-\
I personally am so used to the look and feel of the stock launcher I simply prefer it, but for no definable reason.

Reactions: mrg666

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Any chance u could offer the cyanbread theme as a flashable addon or something like that. I have never liked the green of stock or androidian and the CyanbreadX from the market has the transparent notification drop down I also don't care for. I am using the 0812 release of ur IHO iteration and I am totally down with the stripping down of the CM7.1 but keeping it pure that ur doing. Just hope I dont have to lose the cyanbread :)

P.S. Not sure if anyone noticed but there are several ringtone doubles with different names but are the same ringtone. Just another thing worth stripping maybe.

The themes are now added to the wiki. You can find at the bottom of the page. They are not flashable zips but apk files. You can just download to your SD and install from there with a file manager.

Reactions: zedorda

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Worked beautifully but on reboot reverted to ADW. :-\
I personally am so used to the look and feel of the stock launcher I simply prefer it, but for no definable reason.

That really reverted to ADW when I rebooted. Let me check what can be done. I will post again soon.

Edit: A zip file is in the Wiki now. You can flash it in the recovery after flashing the ROM.

Last edited:
Reactions: ejlmd

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I remember that some of the IHO users were asking for the stock launcher.

I uploaded a zip file for converting the ADWLauncher to stock launcher in the wiki. See the bottom of the page and follow the instructions below.

- Flash a pure IHO ROM first with the recommended methods in Wiki.
- Without leaving recovery, flash the conversion zip file.
- Reboot.

I have not tried with Bob's or Jerry's builds. Jerry is using ADWLauncher, so the conversion should work with his ROM too. Bob is using LauncherPro, so the conversion will not work.

Edit: I had posted the apk file here first. But it created some problems and it was not the best way to replace the launcher. That post has been replaced with this one.

Last edited:
Reactions: mustafu and ejlmd

mikehud851984

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone,

First off thank you very much for all your hard work on these roms. It really is the only way a V is worth having. Anyway I'm just curious if anyone else has had pretty lousy 3G speeds as well as a lot less battery time on this rom? I'm running Jerry's 8/10 release with launcher pro and 806/320 MHz ondemand. I had been running aosp cm7 for the opV but switched to this and now have slower 3G and battle drain is huge I can watch the thing drop 2% a min just about. Thanks in advance for any help.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
So if you are seeing 2% drop in battery per minute, then you have to charge your phone every hour? I imagine you may have seen a time or two where it did say it was dropping 2% in one minute, but that would be a rare occurance caused by something like 3d gaming or watching flash video.

If you are experiencing that kind of battery drain, you should back up all your apps, go into recovery, format system data cache and boot, reflash the ROM and gapps, reboot and restore only apps+data, no system apps or system data!!

Most users get from 12 to 26 hours on this ROM. The lower applies to heavy users who play games or watch lots of video. The high end applies to those who only send a few text, make one or two calls, and maybe check a few webpages. I average 18-20 with moderate usage.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
So if you are seeing 2% drop in battery per minute, then you have to charge your phone every hour? I imagine you may have seen a time or two where it did say it was dropping 2% in one minute, but that would be a rare occurance caused by something like 3d gaming or watching flash video.
May need to reset the battery stats as well.
Something isn't right.

mikehud851984

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Hey jerry thanks for the quick response. Sorry to exagerate a bit there its not litterally 2% drain per min but it just seems much faster than my previous rom i mentioned earlier. I dont mean any disrespect this rom is phenominal and I can live with the higher batt usage. I also just noticed the other thread about people experiencing similar battery issues with this rom and figured id ask if anyone here is having any issues also. Anyway I was also wondering about 3G speeds being lower. Either way thank you again for your work on this I appreciate it very much.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34