[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Any way to change the signal bars? Although i do like the way they look. I would like a more accurate display of how much signal i have. Only having 4 bars i could be 1 to 25 26 to 50 51 to 75 or 76 to 100.

Anyone have any ideas? Maybe a spiffy app im missing out on?

And one more thing. Ever since i got the phone in feb. My mms works but i cannot recieve videoes from anybody! Anybody else had this prob? Even my wife who uses vm, i cant get her vids.

Thanks!

Ray

Sent from my LG-VM670

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Any way to change the signal bars? Although i do like the way they look. I would like a more accurate display of how much signal i have. Only having 4 bars i could be 1 to 25 26 to 50 51 to 75 or 76 to 100.

Anyone have any ideas? Maybe a spiffy app im missing out on?

And one more thing. Ever since i got the phone in feb. My mms works but i cannot recieve videoes from anybody! Anybody else had this prob? Even my wife who uses vm, i cant get her vids.

Thanks!

Ray

Sent from my LG-VM670
Video messaging is not supported on the Optimus V afaik. From the VirginMobile website:

Code:
Additional Features

Android 2.2? platform
    600 MHz Processor
    Video
    Speakerphone
    Bluetooth?
    MP3
    Speech To Text
    WHERE?
    Text Messaging
    Picture Messaging
    Ringback Tones
    Email and Instant Messaging
    Ringtones
    Games
    Graphics

Notice it says Picture Messaging, no mention of video messaging.

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
BobZ - can you post a quick tutorial on how to make the most of DarkTremor's A2SD on your rom?
Should we not be using the CM7 application settngs for install location?

A2SD is pre-set in ROM and will running from start, to check:
Open Titanium Backup and you should see a reference to SD card [a2sd] at the bottom
Alternately you can open terminal and type
su
a2sd check

Pic of a2sd in TB:

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Video messaging is not supported on the Optimus V afaik. From the VirginMobile website:

Code:
Additional Features

Android 2.2? platform
    600 MHz Processor
    Video
    Speakerphone
    Bluetooth?
    MP3
    Speech To Text
    WHERE?
    Text Messaging
    Picture Messaging
    Ringback Tones
    Email and Instant Messaging
    Ringtones
    Games
    Graphics

Notice it says Picture Messaging, no mention of video messaging.

Tbh i searched and searched for this answer and could never find anything. And come to find out, it was in front of my eyes. Ty jerry.

Anyway to change the signal bars by chance?

Sent from my LG-VM670

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
About the video messaging: all I know is that to send one, you have to choose the MMS quality setting in the camera app. This reduces video quality dramatically and limits it to 30secs, to keep it in line with MMS standards I guess. I took a short video and sent it via MMS, it shows that its sent, but I'll have to check with the recipient later to see if they got it or not.

Video messaging is generally supported on all phones that are capable of recording video, to the best of my knowledge. Hope this helps!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

GeekOutDog

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
A2SD is pre-set in ROM and will running from start, to check:
Open Titanium Backup and you should see a reference to SD card [a2sd] at the bottom
Alternately you can open terminal and type
su
a2sd check

Pic of a2sd in TB:

It was running but not moving anything for me, according to a2sd check. I was lazy and installed a2sdgui and used that to move dalvik and apps to ext. Swap is not enabled though, but that might be intentional in your build?

Also another bug - some calls do not get placed, for some reason specific numbers in my contacts list will cause the dialer to terminate. I can accept calls from those numbers, but not dial them. Other numbers I can dial with no problem.

itsnotadam

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, why is the calling volume SOOOOOOOOO LOW with the headsets? I've messed with the DSP settings and stuff and I can't manage to get it loud enough D:

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site

Settings - CyanogenMod Settings - Interface - Status bar Tweaks - Alternate signal display - signal text

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
"Yournamehererom" wont be getting updated anytime soon, when I did the wubi windows Ubuntu installer, it loaded Ubuntu on my recovery partition for some reason and I have no more room, on top of that my windows keeps freezing up minutes after every boot. It ran like a well oiled machine before wubi. I did a system
Restore to pre wubi and I hope that fixes it. Does Ubuntu run well on an external drive?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
"Yournamehererom" wont be getting updated anytime soon, when I did the wubi windows Ubuntu installer, it loaded Ubuntu on my recovery partition for some reason and I have no more room, on top of that my windows keeps freezing up minutes after every boot. It ran like a well oiled machine before wubi. I did a system
Restore to pre wubi and I hope that fixes it. Does Ubuntu run well on an external drive?
works great from a flash drive. should probably be fine on a 'real' external HDD as well. boot it from your bios startup settings (if supported) or use 'plop bootloader'

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I ran my Ubuntu 10.10 in VMware on Windows 7 with no problems. Just make sure you give yourself enough harddrive space when setting up, I recommend 50GB.

Silence99

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
First off, thanks for the hard work to everyone involved. I'm running BACKside 8/10, it's my first Gingerbread ROM, coming from Harmonia, I was worried about battery, but it's been quite good (although, I've learned a lot about managing it, helping me to help the ROM :) ).

I do have one issue, the headphone button to pause/play music simply doesn't work. Any ideas as to why? I can't find a setting for it anywhere, and it seems like a problem unique to me. I know it's a small feature, but its one I use quite often. I love the playback controls on the lock screen on this ROM (keeps me from having to use Widget Locker), if I could get the button controls working, it's pretty much perfect.

Thanks again for the great ROM guys, keep up the good work.

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I just got my internet setup and my router up. The damn thing is a belkin. Anyways I can confirm that my wifi drops with the router. It reconnects quickly but I lose any downloads and trying to Skype was impossible. I had to grab bumblebee Rom to finish my call.

I will be upgrading to the next build that comes out. Or try to make my own.

I already use Ubuntu, can I build it in my normal install or do I have to sandbox it into a vmware like virtualbox. (Which I have kubuntu already installed for testing in.)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
New BACKside-IHO build is up 08172011

Changes to GPS to hopefully help battery life, second sdcard partition should be recognized, changed the second boot logo (Thanks to LeslieAnn for the IHO initlogo.rle ;) ), and a bunch of minor behind the scenes tweaks

See the wiki for download links and md5sum. ;)

Last edited:

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site

Changes to GPS to hopefully help battery life, second sdcard partition should be recognized, changed the second boot logo (Thanks to LeslieAnn for the IHO initlogo.rle ;) ), and a bunch of minor behind the scenes tweaks

Cool.

Could someone post the CM7 Boot animation on the wiki? I really like it.

plantucha

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site

my GPS is now permanently disabled. even if is checked on in settings.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance