[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Been waiting to taste your gingerbread recipe, Yummy!

You should consider adding it to the wiki's binary page. ;)
Added.

Don't get too excited.
You all know how Harmonia is, just a good basic rom, cleaned up, nothing shocking. This is probably even less-so in this instance.

Also, sorry for adding yet another rom to the mix, especially today, which seems everyone has a fresh one.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Added.

Don't get too excited.
You all know how Harmonia is, just a good basic rom, cleaned up, nothing shocking. This is probably even less-so in this instance.

Also, sorry for adding yet another rom to the mix, especially today, which seems everyone has a fresh one.

Build works great. Pretty sturdy, everything does as should. Not a whole ton of extras. Kinda a clean fresh rom. (I only messed around for bout an hour or so, enough time to restore, check wifi, gps, etc
)

Only thing i noticed when u finally run it. It cant decide how to start up. Gives ya a box asking to run setup wiz or sumtin else.

Sent from my IHO Powered LG-VM670

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I have new build https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary
Changelog

08-22-2011:

1. Sync'd up with CM
2. Updated to Blarf's GPS tweak(faster lock and improved battery life)
3. Update to official LG fingerprint
4. Fix: libaudio - Don't mute in-call audio
5. tweak: recovery - Mount any second partition on an SD card
6. tweak: Increase read ahead buffer

Please don't thank me, instead donate to Blarf for all the great work he has done.

Enjoy!

Just tried to update. It looks like Darktremor's a2SD script is missing on this build. With a complete wipe and fresh install I'm only showing 130 megs for user apps. On previous builds it was 179 megs. Also appears that the dalvik cache is back in cache memory.

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Blarf pushed several changes last night. Please see Wiki for the changes. I have flashed 08232011 build to my phone and uploaded to the Wiki. Please report if you find any bugs. Seems to be working fine for me.

Blarf, I still had to remove FM app manually. Thanks!

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I got my build box working again and this is the first build from it

May be seriously flawed, so use at your own risk.
Download
Harmonia_2b1_22aug_IHO_CM_OUT.zip
MD5: 03107495f8c5e7a7ae19b046026a5659

LeslieAnn, when flashing this rom should I do a full wipe or just wipe cache and delvik? I am currently running Jerry's version of IHO rom but I want to give yours a try.

Last edited:

nin

Feb 27, 2011
Visit site

This follows Harmonia in many ways, hence the working name (subject to change). Everything you need, nothing you don't.

Stripped down but contains (all current as of this afternoon):
Fresh graphics on startup
email, market, gmail
English Spanish languages
Still has theme and wallpaper pickers, just none installed.
No boot animation, or Gallery3D (I recommend Quickpic)
Minor battery tweak
MIUI style icons and Harmonia's large percentage battery indicator (I hate the green and prefer an easy to see battery indicator)
ADW simply because it's a stripped CM rom. May become Launcher pro later.

Download

Damn, was just getting settled in with Backside.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
LeslieAnn, when flashing this rom should I do a full wipe or just wipe cache and delvik? I am currently running Jerry's version of IHO rom but I want to give yours a try.

Should do a full wipe. Even though they are built off of iho, each build is unique to itself. Wipe cache n dalvik when "upgrading" within the same build.

Sent from my IHO Powered LG-VM670

Reactions: danieljc1

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Should do a full wipe. Even though they are built off of iho, each build is unique to itself. Wipe cache n dalvik when "upgrading" within the same build.

Correct.

One of the more obvious reasons is this...
I didn't include all languages, they might.
I didn't use a boot animation, they might.
They may include a few other apps I didn't.

In the end, you end up with a mix and match of what is and what is not there.
In some cases you can do it but it may or may not work to the full potential and don't expect the same experience as you would get with a wipe.

Reactions: danieljc1

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I am just about to flash over BobZ's CM7. Just one thing... My Sd Card has been bothering me for awhile. There is a bunch of left behind junk from apps. So I'm wondering: If I only copy over my "DCIM", "Music" and Titanium backup folder and delete all my other stuff like ".android_secure" and "LOST.DIR", will everything still function OK? I'm pretty excited for a new ROM! Thanks!

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
BACKside-IHO-VM670-08232011.zip is up, this time the boot sounds work! ;)
md5sum b62afb0b7f94486e024a30fc691ad310

To change the bootsound, copy a short (<30sec) mp3 file to /system/media and rename it android_audio.mp3
Delete that file to remove the bootsound, or edit the build.prop to set bootsound=0

I also am working at smoothing out the transition from 2nd boot logo (initlogo.rle) to bootanimation, this is a first pass, needs work.

Most changes to the repo were for other phones, so this build is more cosmetic than a feature update. ;)

Reactions: anon283326

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com

This follows Harmonia in many ways, hence the working name (subject to change). Everything you need, nothing you don't.

Stripped down but contains (all current as of this afternoon):
Fresh graphics on startup
email, market, gmail
English Spanish languages
Still has theme and wallpaper pickers, just none installed.
No boot animation, or Gallery3D (I recommend Quickpic)
Minor battery tweak
MIUI style icons and Harmonia's large percentage battery indicator (I hate the green and prefer an easy to see battery indicator)
ADW simply because it's a stripped CM rom. May become Launcher pro later.

Download

Gonna give this a shot, haven't had good luck with the other builds. Not a fan of the "extras" other builds seem to have, really only interested in performance/battery tweaks. Also seems quite difficult to keep up with all these different builds in the same thread. Maybe each should have their own thread with general questions in this one? Just at thought :)

Last edited:

gbeaguilar

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Correct.

One of the more obvious reasons is this...
I didn't include all languages, they might.
I didn't use a boot animation, they might.
They may include a few other apps I didn't.

In the end, you end up with a mix and match of what is and what is not there.
In some cases you can do it but it may or may not work to the full potential and don't expect the same experience as you would get with a wipe.

Just to clarify..a full wipe is the wipe data/factory reset option in recovery, correct?

I will definitely be giving your build a shot sometime! Aphrodite was my first rom, and along with Harmonia I never had to try another froyo rom ever!

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Just to clarify..a full wipe is the wipe data/factory reset option in recovery, correct?

NO! NONONONONO! DO NOT USE THAT! Sorry, just wanted to get that through. Never, ever, ever, evereverever, EVER use this, it will brick your phone. A full wipe is formatting system, data, cache, and in advanced, dalvik cache.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
NO! NONONONONO! DO NOT USE THAT! Sorry, just wanted to get that through. Never, ever, ever, evereverever, EVER use this, it will brick your phone. A full wipe is formatting system, data, cache, and in advanced, dalvik cache.

Calm down tonto.

In recovery using wipedata/factory reset will not brick your phone.
Doing that via the phone settings menu will.

Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

You are confusing that with the reset under settings>>privacy in the phone. That option has been removed from all IHO builds. ;)