[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Growjunky

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
In the Leslie Ann and the new mrg666 build when I sighing in to the stock email app it force closes this happened on both builds. Is this happening to anyone else.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Just tried to update. It looks like Darktremor's a2SD script is missing on this build. With a complete wipe and fresh install I'm only showing 130 megs for user apps. On previous builds it was 179 megs. Also appears that the dalvik cache is back in cache memory.
It's working correctly on my phone. In terminal try:
su
a2sd repair

I am just about to flash over BobZ's CM7. Just one thing... My Sd Card has been bothering me for awhile. There is a bunch of left behind junk from apps. So I'm wondering: If I only copy over my "DCIM", "Music" and Titanium backup folder and delete all my other stuff like ".android_secure" and "LOST.DIR", will everything still function OK? I'm pretty excited for a new ROM! Thanks!

I pre-install Darktremor's a2SD, so be sure you have a ext partition on your SDcard

You are confusing that with the reset under settings>>privacy in the phone. That option has been removed from all IHO builds. ;)
Thank Blarf, it's gone ;)

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I switched to BACKside but bootsounds still wont work for me. I attached the file I am trying to use just rename without the .zip

Last edited:

GeekOutDog

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
a2sd hasn't worked out of the box for me on any BobZ build... I've had to use terminal commands or a2sdgui to manually move both dalvik and apps over to the sd card's ext partition. And haven't been able to enable swap no matter what.

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
I pre-install Darktremor's a2SD, so be sure you have a ext partition on your SDcard

Hold on, what? How do I do that? If I clear everything off my SD card except for the ROM itself and the GApps and flash them over, then boot up and put the Titanium backup, music and DCIM folders back on the SD will I bee all good?

DF3

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Hold on, what? How do I do that? If I clear everything off my SD card except for the ROM itself and the GApps and flash them over, then boot up and put the Titanium backup, music and DCIM folders back on the SD will I bee all good?

You don't need an ext partition to use BobZhome Rom, since I had been using an SD card without it. However, I decided to take advantage of Darktremor's a2SD when I started needing more space.

To create an ext partition all you need to do is go into the recovery.
1) select "Partition SD" Card
2) Select ext size
3) I selected 0M as the swap size

and that is all that needs to be done.

I opted to create a nandroid backup and then restoring it after creating the new partition instead of going through the titanium back up process. Everything seems to be working without any problems.

You can then download the A2SDGUI app from the android market to move Apps the Dalvik Cache to the SD. I went from having only 30 mbs left to having 140 mbs free.

The only thing I'm not sure about is whether I shouldn't use the regular Android Move to SD feature.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
In the Leslie Ann and the new mrg666 build when I sighing in to the stock email app it force closes this happened on both builds. Is this happening to anyone else.

It is happening to me too on Leslie Ann's rom.

On Harmonia GB the email app won't log in for me either and it doesn't have an icon like it wasn't installed, but I use gmail so its ok.

This was discussed a few posts back.
Replace it with the one from Gapps.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

I don't see the FC problem when I test but I don't extensively use Email app. I have extracted and uploaded the Email.app from last week's build here. There were no complaints about the Email app with this build. You can flash this zip file in the recovery. Give it a try if you want.

Edit: There was another bug report in the XDA thread about the camera. I could replicate the problem that it was only taking video both in photo and video modes. I have reverted my ROM back to 08222011 build and the camera problem resolved. Due to camera problem in addition to Email complaints that are both confirmed, I have pulled 08232011 build from the Wiki and recommend everybody who have flashed the latest build to go back to 08222011 build.

It is good that last night's changes are tested. Thanks to everyone for the bug reports.

Last edited:

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
I don't see the FC problem when I test but I don't extensively use Email app. I have extracted and uploaded the Email.app from last week's build here. There were no complaints about the Email app with this build. You can flash this zip file in the recovery. Give it a try if you want.

Flashed file. Email works now. Thanks.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrg666

crux

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
hello, im sorta new here. i've modded my lg optimus v with the bumblebee ROM + kernel (got it from the how-to sticky), but i noticed that this thread has the most replies.

can someone tell me why the cynogen mod is so popular? i tried looking at the wiki for the features..but there isn't a list, just a changelog. similar but there is still nothing that highlights the features which make the CM so apparently awesome.

and because im also a noob, can anyone recommend me some other good ROMs & kernels? i like the bumblebee ones so far, but i want to experiment some more. there are so many other ROMs & kernels it makes my head spin to be honest.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
As you all know, there have been issues with the latest IHO builds, camera and email issues mainly. So I reverted the affected apps to a previous build's, and all seem to work now. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Download BACKside-IHO-VM670-08242011.zip
md5 f57ba3f7736741c28d461795cda2fc4e

Tested and these are all working on my phone with full wipe/format:
(but you should be fine with wiping cache/dalvik)

-Email (was FCing on the 0823 build)

-GPS (was non-existant on a couple of previous builds)

-Camera (camera didn't work on 0823 build)

-Camcorder (camcorder didn't record audio on some previous builds)

-Market (one previous build had issues installing or being recognized properly)

-Bootsounds (most previous builds had borked bootsound files)

All these work fine on my phone with my latest build. The only true issues I'm aware of currently are headphone button not working, and some volume level issues. Please let us know if you have other issues. If you have issues with any of the above listed functions, please do a full wipe/format and reflash and see if it still gives you problems. ;)

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
hello, im sorta new here. i've modded my lg optimus v with the bumblebee ROM + kernel (got it from the how-to sticky), but i noticed that this thread has the most replies.

can someone tell me why the cynogen mod is so popular? i tried looking at the wiki for the features..but there isn't a list, just a changelog. similar but there is still nothing that highlights the features which make the CM so apparently awesome.

and because im also a noob, can anyone recommend me some other good ROMs & kernels? i like the bumblebee ones so far, but i want to experiment some more. there are so many other ROMs & kernels it makes my head spin to be honest.

Welcome, read the sticky posts at the top of the forums, and you'll save yourself alot of headaches! ;)

CyanogenMod 7 is an overlay on top of the Android operating system that gives you access to a whole lot more features, customizations, and power functions than you get with any other ROM. You can tweak the status bar to alter the brightness by swiping across it, set a power control widget into the notification dropdown that can control tons of settings, allow/revoke individual permissions on apps instead of having to accept them all, set long-press functions to most hard keys, alter screen animations with lots of cool features, alter screen rendering for easy viewing under multiple lighting conditions, enable lock screen gestures so that only you can unlock without having to type in a password, built in overclocking and lots of other performance features, the list goes on and on.

If you don't want to take the plunge into CM7 yet, try Harmonia and Reborn ROM. Harmonia is nearing a change in development to CM7 from Froyo, so it may be easier to make the transition with as time goes by. Reborn ROM isn't supported anymore, but is still one of the better ROMs the Optimus V has had. There are lots of others, each with their own unique flavor, try each for a day till you find one you like! ;)

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure this hasn't been discussed before. I'm trying to get USB tethering working on an older model laptop running Windows XP service pack one.

It is running a "barebones" setup with zero Microsoft updates. The only software installed is the latest version of Mozilla Firefox and Teamviewer and the drivers for the hardware.

I installed the official LG drivers and followed the instructions on the wiki. When I try installing the tethering .inf I either get a message about the driver being designed for windows 95 or a different message about how it's not the correct file or something like that.

Whenever I select USB tethering on the phone it only flashes "tethering enabled" for about a second and then changes to "USB not connected"

System specs are:
1998 bios (Pentium 3?)
Celeron 450 mhz CPU
6GB hard drive
128MB ram
16mb video ram
USB Port v1.1
Windows XP pro sp1

USB debugging, mass storage, charging, wifi tethering, and pdanet work normally. Is the issue because the .inf driver may be configured only for XP sp2+ like many other recent windows programs?

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure this hasn't been discussed before. I'm trying to get USB tethering working on an older model laptop running Windows XP service pack one.
XP's USB system is actually almost as bad or worse than Windows 98 SE until you install SP2. This could be your problem, even if not, Sp1 is only USB 1.1, not USB 2. SLOOOOOOOOOOW

SP2 doesn't need a whole lot more ram than Sp1, but it quite beneficial.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
XP's USB system is actually almost as bad or worse than Windows 98 SE until you install SP2. This could be your problem, even if not, Sp1 is only USB 1.1, not USB 2. SLOOOOOOOOOOW

SP2 doesn't need a whole lot more ram than Sp1, but it quite beneficial.

If I were to considering upgrading I have to keep in mind that annoying security center with it's alerts about more updates that won't fit on my hard drive and not having antivirus installed (and there's no way the system could run any a/v software from this millennium).

That's why I hate windows. It's nothing but security alert popups for just about anything. Any other system I know, everything just runs in the background.

I guess I can either continue using wireless tethering or switch to pdanet. I can blame the issue on bad USB support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae