[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

cr42ydude

Mar 6, 2011
Visit site
uhm a really big bug or just me? firsst i opened contacts and i see no contacts it says i need to add an acc. which i did along time ago. so w.e ill just add it again rite? so i go to settings acc or w.e and it wont let me add an account. plz fix this plz :) or at least tell me if this is just me .

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
uhm a really big bug or just me? firsst i opened contacts and i see no contacts it says i need to add an acc. which i did along time ago. so w.e ill just add it again rite? so i go to settings acc or w.e and it wont let me add an account. plz fix this plz :) or at least tell me if this is just me .

Ok first of all speak English with full words, i have no idea what you are trying to say, we are nerds, not acronym using hipsters

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
If you are using the 0824 build, yes you can add accounts through settings. If you are using the 0823 build of BACKside-IHO, no you cannot add accounts, look for the email zip file that mrg666 posted and flash it in recovery to fix the issue.

AzraelsKiss

May 12, 2011
Visit site

Try flashing gapps again. This bug has already been discussed, and it seems like this tends to work.

~Azrael's Kiss~

Reactions: cr42ydude

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
If you are using the 0824 build, yes you can add accounts through settings. If you are using the 0823 build of BACKside-IHO, no you cannot add accounts, look for the email zip file that mrg666 posted and flash it in recovery to fix the issue.

I either am a total idiot but when i flashed 8/24 my whole phone went pew pew crassssssh. Lol. I flashed after wiping the usuals and everything was shot to hell. Nothing was recognized or nuttin. Couldnt add accounts. Wiped full and same issues. It was verrry odd to me.

Luckily i always nandroid before flashing. So i restored back. I always keep a copy of my o.g. vm stock rom and current full working build on sd and my comp. Including all titanium backups.

I honestly dont know what happened. Ill just wait for the next update? Lol

Sent from my IHO Powered LG-VM670

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Your no idiot, there have been issues with the last builds, hopefully I have them ironed out.

BACKside-IHO-VM670-08252011.zip
md5 207fce1da7237ae298a4905b6dff04a6

In honor of the recent builds, check out the new bootsound! :)

I tested, rebooted, then tested again the following:
-- Market - updated and installed new apps
-- Camera - took pictures and videos with audio
-- GPS - maps and the browser both lock on quick, navigation icon present
-- Accelerometer - tested on My Paper Airplane and in settings menus, worked fine
-- Email - both my yahoo and gmail accounts synced and notified me
-- Browser - tried server sites, different ones before and after reboot

I did have to reflash gapps, ymmv. ;)

Last edited:

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Your no idiot, there have been issues with the last builds, hopefully I have them ironed out.

BACKside-IHO-VM670-08252011.zip
md5 207fce1da7237ae298a4905b6dff04a6

In honor of the recent builds, check out the new bootsound! :)

I tested, rebooted, then tested again the following:
-- Market - updated and installed new apps
-- Camera - took pictures and videos with audio
-- GPS - maps and the browser both lock on quick, navigation icon present
-- Accelerometer - tested on My Paper Airplane and in settings menus, worked fine
-- Email - both my yahoo and gmail accounts synced and notified me
-- Browser - tried server sites, different ones before and after reboot

I did have to reflash gapps, ymmv. ;)

Another great update everything is smooth. Ty!

Btw boot sound was so expected but great!

Sent from my IHO Powered LG-VM670

Reactions: JerryScript

anon283326

Android Addict
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Yup :) Thanks Jerry, this update is indeed very smooth. I have noticed, however, that when updating from a previous ROM version, only wiping dalvik cache and regular cache and then flashing the new build doesn't work if you have data2ext enabled (The NON-MODIFIED version, the modified version causes MMS problems, as i have noticed with ROMs like Reborn and Sense-based ROMs). I may have overlooked somewhere about this being mentioned, but when I reboot out of recovery after doing this, all of the apps that were previously in either my /data/app directory or even some in my /system/app directory are missing completely, yet the list of installed apps in the settings menu says they're all there. I tried re-installing them with either Terminal, Titanium Backup, etc. but I figured "why do that?" When I could've just done a full data wipe in recovery and started from scratch after receiving the new build...

I am in no way making any insult to this ROM, it is BY FAR the best for the OV that I have seen. I used to use Reborn, but CM7 swayed me once again once I came across this new build. The accelerometer was always the big issue in early CM versions, but it seems you have even managed to fix that! :D

Even if this problem is not fixed, u can stay confident that I'm going to stay with this ROM for a while...I'm already hooked on it like a fish :p

Thanks

Reactions: JerryScript

Kreatur3

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
When partitioning my SD Card for BobZ's ROM version, what should I do for the ext size and swap size?

Use a 0 swap size, does no good for the rom. I, personally, use a 1gb ext on my 8gb card.
Just don't use over a 1gb ext size. Not sure why but I've read it multiple times.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
There is a reason they throw it away... It's not feasible to have repaired.
I've gathered 1.xx GHz p4's with hard drives and RAM still installed out of the trash.
no malfunctions. People just toss 'em out when they buy new hardware. Works for me! Wish I'd find me a 64 bit machine on the curb though.
... A slow computer is better than no computer, though a P100 will be way too slow for a build box, that first build could take 24 hours or more on something like that.
Last time I used that P1/100 was back in 2000. I've since upgraded to one of the p4's from the trash after the 2GHz mobo I paid for fried, and the 2.xxGhz laptop I bought also cooked its motherboard power circuitry. Now trying to see if an older fujitsu tablet/notebook can handle my abuse, and if it burns up too, I'm done paying for 'new' hardware!
Just commenting that you can put linux on about ANYthing that still runs. It's just not necessarily going to be fast enough to use for programming, like you said.
the first gingerbread build I got to work on my 1.xGHz p4 took over 12 hours to build. ugh.
and, vanilla AOSP gingerbread with a precompiled kernel will boot up on my V, but of course most of the hardware isn't recognized, unaccelerated video, etc. I'd like to see a good wiki on exactly what mods are needed to source code for building for specific devices... I don't want to diff the whole IHO repo against cyanogen just to find what got added and modded by Blarf so it'd work with the V! Eww.

anon(182107)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Hey did my post about an issue with the thunderc gps file not compiling (make error) ever appear on this thread? Somethings wrong with Tapatalk. I see lines with empty posts and now my posts aren't uploading?

Sent from my Optimus V using Tapatalk

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I just wanted to say that I will not be around that frequently anymore. I wanted to thank all of you, my fellow pure builders, EmuZombie and PBailey, and of course first of all Blarf. I have uploaded the latest ROM that I will keep on my phone from now on which is doing everything I need and very stable. Technically, the major work seems to be completed. But I am sure the creativity of Jerry, Bob, and LeslieAnn will yield much more polished builds. I will be watching their work, Guys, please start your own threads and post screenshots. Cheers!

Reactions: mysticalnyte

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed over BobZ's latest. I made a 156M ext and 0 swap size for the partition. For some reason Titanium Backup is giving me trouble restoring apps. My settings screen shows that I have used 29MB out of 150MB of internal storage, yet whenever I try to restore apps, Titanium Backup says that I don't have enough space left... Even really little apps. I have moved ALL of my apps to the SD Card, but it is still giving me grief. Any suggestions?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34