[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

bmwkeith

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed the 0825 build over 0820. Thanks, no problems, everything works. Now I will see how battery life is. Battery life on 0820 was better than Harmonia 1.5 for me , running the CPU speed at 480/806 on demand.

Last edited:

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Just flashed over BobZ's latest. I made a 156M ext and 0 swap size for the partition. For some reason Titanium Backup is giving me trouble restoring apps. My settings screen shows that I have used 29MB out of 150MB of internal storage, yet whenever I try to restore apps, Titanium Backup says that I don't have enough space left... Even really little apps. I have moved ALL of my apps to the SD Card, but it is still giving me grief. Any suggestions?

Don't mean to bug anyone, but I really need to get this figured out... Bump.

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
I've gathered 1.xx GHz p4's with hard drives and RAM still installed out of the trash.
no malfunctions. People just toss 'em out when they buy new hardware. Works for me! Wish I'd find me a 64 bit machine on the curb though.

Last time I used that P1/100 was back in 2000. I've since upgraded to one of the p4's from the trash after the 2GHz mobo I paid for fried, and the 2.xxGhz laptop I bought also cooked its motherboard power circuitry. Now trying to see if an older fujitsu tablet/notebook can handle my abuse, and if it burns up too, I'm done paying for 'new' hardware!
I don't just randomly find 64bit systems, I get them from customers who's computers I just replaced, but yes, they do throw out perfectly good ones as well. I'm almost to the point where anything with XP and a serious problem (that wasn't special ordered with XP) gets replaced. It's just not feasible. Because of it, you will see more and more good hardware showing up cheap. Put it this way, you can buy used p4 2.8 desktops with sata drives and 2gig memory for about $100 if you know where and what to watch for.

I can't say much for Fujitsu, I haven't had a lot of experience with them and they are rather rare it seems. They often look tired very fast, but the several year old slate tablet I have from them runs like a beast other than no audio (like that when I bought it). It's a great, cheap alternative to an expensive graphics tablet.

For hardware, I only do things one of two ways, all cheap, or all semi high end, name brand. I have good luck that way, but mixing parts is never good, except one place... if it's even a semi- decent system, always, always put a good power supply. A bad, cheap psu will destroy everything in the computer. A bad good one, will sacrifice itself. Oh, and never, buy the latest and greatest, get 2 or 3 models back.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Don't mean to bug anyone, but I really need to get this figured out... Bump.

I've read that formatting cache and dalvik-cache in recovery might fix that.

and, LeslieAnn, you're absolutely right about the power supply.
First thing that fails in most computer-based standup videogames... the PSU. They just die over time.
My fried laptop went bad after fixing the power cord connection which had burned through at the motherboard. I figure once it started getting full wattage it burned out other weak parts. It died in the middle of the night, while charging. A better power supply than the stock Acer one might have shut itself off instead of burning up my motherboard.

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity leslieann..how often do you plan on updating your builds to the current nightlies? Live your rom btw ;)

Last edited:

monochromatik

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
two things with the new 8/25 backside:

1. the boot animation no longer shows up for me.
2. is this going to become a common occurrence, having to flash gapps every time? or is it a bug that can be worked out? because i have 3 different accounts to add, all with 2-step authorization and it's a bit annoying to have to get new passwords every time i flash a rom.

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
two things with the new 8/25 backside:

1. the boot animation no longer shows up for me.
2. is this going to become a common occurrence, having to flash gapps every time? or is it a bug that can be worked out? because i have 3 different accounts to add, all with 2-step authorization and it's a bit annoying to have to get new passwords every time i flash a rom.

When u flash. Flash the build, then gapps, then green machine if wanted(optional). But i never had to add accounts again.

Ive not had a problem at all out of this build. Try clearing cache/dalvik

Did u make a backup?
I always nandroid an backup everything with titanium(i liked it enough to get pro)

Sent from my IHO Powered LG-VM670

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity leslieann..how often do you plan on updating your builds to the current nightlies? Live your rom btw ;)

Every couple days or any time something major is changed. I plan another one tonight. Glad you like it, I'm quite happy with it.

If you notice, the builds doing nightlies or so have only a few tweaks usually. The more you change the more effort it takes, so most do little just to keep things simple.

It takes about 10-30 minutes to update and build, then I have to add in what I need to, backup my phone, do a quick test, sign it, upload it, md5 it, then post it. At minimum it takes about an hour or two to complete. Uploading a pure comprises of set it to build, and you are almost done. No offense to those doing pure builds, we need them, it's just quite a bit less work is all. So no, I won't do nightlies, but expect regular updates.

I may switch mine over to it's own thread as well with this next build. This thread is getting long and it would probably be better for all to have this for the nightlies and one for each the more involved builds. It's just about polished enough for it at this point.

EmuZombie

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
No offense to those doing pure builds, we need them, it's just quite a bit less work is all. So no, I won't do nightlies, but expect regular updates.

I take offence to that! I pour my heart and soul into every pure build I do! haha...... no.... ;)

But I do go through and test the basics before I even bother posting. Not nearly as much work, however I do do my own tweaks for my own personal use, some day when I am happy with it I will release those builds.

For those curious, the tweaks and changes I do for my personal use consist of..

-removing apks I never use (email, fm radio, live wallpaper picker, car home, ect)
-replacing ADW launcher with a modified Launcher Pro.
-changing the find button to be the power button. (I have honestly never used it once, ever)
-tweaks to wifi seek time. Mostly with good results to battery life. (I leave wifi on 100% of the time since I am nearly always in range of wifi networks at home and work.)
-changes to the camera apk
-adding boot sound
-custom bootscreen and pre-boot screen (LG logo)
-and of course, my own personal theme

Currently I'm working on moving DPS manger to become a shortcut in the sound settings instead. Without much luck I might add.

danieljc1

Sith Lord
Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Every couple days or any time something major is changed. I plan another one tonight. Glad you like it, I'm quite happy with it.

I may switch mine over to it's own thread as well with this next build. This thread is getting long and it would probably be better for all to have this for the nightlies and one for each the more involved builds. It's just about polished enough for it at this point.

I look forward to future builds. Thanks. :)

studiompd

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Loving all the IHO roms, thanks to all the developers!

screenshot1313895491418.png

Does anyone know what widget mrg666 is using that shows date, system info and weather? Is it an all in one?

tmartin91

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I tried installing the latest build of Backside, but I am having some troubles when I try to flash it from recovery.

This is the error message I got:

assert failed: get prop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || get prop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" || get prop("ro.product.board") == "thunderc"

E:error in /sdcard/BACKside-IHO-VM670-08252011.zip (status 7)
installation aborted.

I am currently running aospCMod-VM670-20110601.

zedorda

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I tried installing the latest build of Backside, but I am having some troubles when I try to flash it from recovery.

This is the error message I got:

assert failed: get prop("ro.product.device") == "thunderc" || get prop("ro.build.product") == "thunderc" || get prop("ro.product.board") == "thunderc"

E:error in /sdcard/BACKside-IHO-VM670-08252011.zip (status 7)
installation aborted.

I am currently running aospCMod-VM670-20110601.

What was ur battery level when it happened?