[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Is anyone having issues with random re-boots without warning (or every time the camera is initialized?) I have been using the 8-25 release for a few days and this is my only issue. I just installed the most current version of blarfie's recovery and then re-downloaded and re-flashed the 8-25 ROM and reflashed gapps as well. No improvement.If there are any quick things to try, that would be great - otherwise, I wil go back to the 8-10 release that I had come to love!

-Ryan

Growjunky

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I did a full wipe but I've never had a problem with you're roms this ones got me stumped. I even tried re downloading it on a different pc.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I did a full wipe but I've never had a problem with you're roms this ones got me stumped. I even tried re downloading it on a different pc.

I am not changing any configuration other than adding a very light theme that I like to have on my phone; it is almost pure IHO without some bloat. I don't have any problems with any of the builds yet but a few users are reporting the same problem since last build. I say few because there are more than 50 downloads already with 08292011 build and I did not hear any other problems yet. The previous 08272011 build also had more than 110 downloads and I have heard the same problem from 2 or 3 people. I am not sure what is going on. I use 3.2.0.1 CWM recovery and it has never failed me. Are you using another recovery? Are you switching back and forth between the other custom builds? Did you try flashing the pure build by EmuZombie? Is it causing you any trouble?

larryc

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
The dots on the screen unlock pattern are too close to each other vertically IMO. Can they be made a bit more separated so it can be the same as it is horizontal. Thanks.
Yeah, I noticed this as well, especially since I use the "contact owner" security screen app https://market.android.com/details?id=com.appengine.paranoid_android.lost&feature=search_result.

It seems like there is a little too much space between the upper clock portion of the security screen and the lower, unlock pattern portion.

Is this something that could be adjusted by the end-user using UOT kitchen? Or is it something baked into the ROM?

kcls

May 5, 2011
Visit site
So the other day I decided to try BobZHome's version of the ROM. I partitioned my SD card with a 128MB ext size and a 0MB swap size. I was coming from AOSPCM7 (Yes, THAT aospCM7 from 3 months ago...) so I wiped everything (including my SD Card). I mounted USB storage and copied over the ROM, GApps, and some othe backed up stuff (Pics, music, titanium backup files, texts and call log backups...). I flashed the ROM, then the GApps. Booted up, everything worked!

Then, disaster...

I went to go and restore my TBackup Files, and discovered some didn't backup correctly. No biggie I guess. When I went to go to restore my apps that DID backup correctly, however, it wouldn't let me. I would restore 3 small apps, and then on the fourth app, whit I knew was very small, it would say i had run out of space. I went into settings, and it said I still had something like 110MB left of internal storage (Guess the partition for APPStoSD didn't work? I'm thinking that may be what caused the problem).

So, I moved all my already installed apps (only 3 at this point) to the SD Card. Tried restoring more apps, but still no luck. Someone here said to wipe cache and dalvik cache, so I did that, and it would now let me restore apps. I still had some other issues however.

Alot of apps would still not restore (Larger ones) even though I certainly still had enough space left. I also had some weird rendering issues. So, I didn't like it. Reboot recovery, restore my SD Card backup from the day before, re-partition my SD Card to be the full 2GB again (I don't think this worked, though, as it still shows my SD Card as being 1.7GB instead of 2) and restore to my AOSPCM7 from the day before. Even more disaster.

In the end, I did a full wipe and completely re-flashed AOSPCM7 (The old 2.3.4 one that I was originally using) and restored the apps I could and started fresh with the ones I couldn't. I think I'm going to take a break with modding my phone for a bit (That kinda scared me off for the time being). I think when I do get up the guts to try again though, I'm going to use JerryScripts build. It seems to have the least problems, and I don't think there is anything special to flashing it.

Just thought I'd post my little journey here, and see if anyone would like to speculate as to what went wrong.

pwis321

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I have been using "IHO-CM7.1RC1-MiRaGe" for some time now and it has worked awesome until the last build. I have not been able to get past the CyanogenMod logo. I've been flashing roms on phones for about a year and a half so I know I'm not doing anything wrong. I wiped everything from my phone to start fresh to see if maybe that works but no go. I flashed the rom 2 builds back and all is working again. Thank you all for the great Roms on our budget phones.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Hello, I have been using "IHO-CM7.1RC1-MiRaGe" for some time now and it has worked awesome until the last build. I have not been able to get past the CyanogenMod logo. I've been flashing roms on phones for about a year and a half so I know I'm not doing anything wrong. I wiped everything from my phone to start fresh to see if maybe that works but no go. I flashed the rom 2 builds back and all is working again. Thank you all for the great Roms on our budget phones.

Can you please specify the recovery you are using? Can you also try to flash the theme reversion file (5th item in the optional files list) just after flashing the ROM before booting? I would appreciate your help since I cannot repeat this problem. I have just done my 4th flash without any problem here.

Edit: I have just updated the ROM file. I have zipaligned the modified apk files and signed the ROM file again. I hope this helps.

Last edited:

MicroData

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I would like to point out a bug with the camara.
Every time I record a video I get sound except for when I plug my headphones. After that I have to reboot and refrain from plugging my headset in order to get audio from videos.

edit
Oh and I'm using Jerry's latest build.

Bluntsworth

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Every time I record a video I get sound except for when I plug my headphones. After that I have to reboot and refrain from plugging my headset in order to get audio from videos.

edit

i also can not hear sound on video playback, whether the headphones have been plugged in or not. Jerrys build.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Confirmed, the video no-audio bug is still present, but I'm still not sure what triggers it. I don't use any type of headset, so it's something else that's causing the issue.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
had a free day so i downloaded the latest version of all the IHO roms. even harmonia. tried them all out for a few hours each. no restoring apps with TB, just fresh installs.

im not happy with any of these. i understand the builders of the roms have freedom to make them however they like and im free to build my own. but im just pointing out that im confused why ADW is used, its a horrible, laggy launcher on the OV. i mean it "works" but compared to launcherpro, its laggy and slow.

i cant comprehend that loud "this phone will self destruct" boot sound in backside which was up till i heard that, my favorite rom.

i expected harmonia to be the cleanest of the roms but it had adw and a mild theme applied as well, as well lots of un needed themes baked in. the rom is larger than mirage or backside, complete reverse of what i expected from LesliAnn.

I guess im trying too hard to find a "pure" gingerbread rom with CM7 options baked in.

oh well. these arent for me, not knocking the roms. you guys made roms you like and thats all that matters. ill figure out how to build the rom I want and well see how that goes :D

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
ADW Launcher is included because it's the default CyanogenMod launcher. Easy enough to install the launcher of your choice.

I included the self-destruct bootsound as a joke. Very easy to remove or replace with the sound of your liking.

I'm trying to say that these are pretty minor issues that take less than 5 minutes to change once you install the ROM. With a bit of research, you could learn how to modify the files and updater-script in the ROM's zip file to make the changes automatically for you when you flash the ROM.

Other than that, it would probably be best if you built one the way you like it, I'll bet there will be other users that would like your work as well! ;)

AzraelsKiss

May 12, 2011
Visit site

edit

I can confirm that when headphones are plugged in, then unplugged, the audio will stop working. It only happens after the headphones are unplugged, and the only remedy is to reboot the phone. I can tell when audio won't record, because there will be a double ding when I press the record button, instead of the single ding. Media volume doesn't seem to have any effect on my phone.

~Azrael's Kiss~

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I can confirm that when headphones are plugged in, then unplugged, the audio will stop working. It only happens after the headphones are unplugged, and the only remedy is to reboot the phone. I can tell when audio won't record, because there will be a double ding when I press the record button, instead of the single ding. Media volume doesn't seem to have any effect on my phone.

~Azrael's Kiss~

Blarf fixed the headset mic issue earlier today, I'm currently building from the new code, will see if it affects this issue.

The headset itself isn't the trigger, because I experienced the bug today and I don't use a headset. Something that shares some audio code is at fault here, just taking a bit to track it down.

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
So the other day I decided to try BobZHome's version of the ROM. I partitioned my SD card with a 128MB ext size and a 0MB swap size. I was coming from AOSPCM7 (Yes, THAT aospCM7 from 3 months ago...) so I wiped everything (including my SD Card). I mounted USB storage and copied over the ROM, GApps, and some othe backed up stuff (Pics, music, titanium backup files, texts and call log backups...). I flashed the ROM, then the GApps. Booted up, everything worked!

Then, disaster...

SNIP

I would try the following :
1) try a different sdcard
2) do not flash the new GApps, my ROM has the old market locked in(it won't update to new Windows 7 version)
3) use a different app to restore backups.... there was a free version that someone mentioned a few days ago... I believe the name was something like mybackup root.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have just uploaded the 08302011 build with Blarf's mic updates and without my stupid themes. It is now just IHO after bloat removal. I think this will not give any trouble to anyone anymore, although I could not repeat the freezing boot problems.

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
ADW Launcher is included because it's the default CyanogenMod launcher. Easy enough to install the launcher of your choice.

I included the self-destruct bootsound as a joke. Very easy to remove or replace with the sound of your liking.

I'm trying to say that these are pretty minor issues that take less than 5 minutes to change once you install the ROM. With a bit of research, you could learn how to modify the files and updater-script in the ROM's zip file to make the changes automatically for you when you flash the ROM.

Other than that, it would probably be best if you built one the way you like it, I'll bet there will be other users that would like your work as well! ;)

my main barriers to entry are the long downloads on a slow connection (6+ GB on a single megabit dsl line, thats only on a few hours a day) and putting ubuntu back on my gaming pc for the sole purpose of building a rom.

im back on 8/10 BACKside right now and liking it. i am also in charge of 3 friends Optimus Vs who are running 8/10 as well (they dont know how to flash roms, they just like having the latest android, so I help them out) so when I put a newer BACKside and the startup animation changes or other minor things they worry. I have to explain I didnt build it but to get to used to it becuase its a very good rom.

that bootsound in the newest rom is a dealbreaker for them. haha.

if building my own rom was easier to accomplish id do it

*edit. my point being, yes removing the bootsound and other stuff isnt on its own difficult, but tedious when doing 2 to 4 OVs at the same time when an update is out

watskyhotsky

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have just uploaded the 08302011 build with Blarf's mic updates and without my stupid themes. It is now just IHO after bloat removal. I think this will not give any trouble to anyone anymore, although I could not repeat the freezing boot problems.

very quick to update. thanks!

this rom would absolutely NOT boot up today. froze at the CM7 intro every time. one time it got stuck in a massive loop where the animation would restart 3 times then the phone would restart back to the LG logo and I did a battery pull and it stayed on (becuase i left the power cable plugged in) stupid move, but it genuinely freaked me out for a good second! hahaha

good joke that would have been if you could keep a phone looping even after a battery pull. genius move XD laws of physics be damned

I'll be trying this update right now :D