[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to everyone for testing the audio in video recording issue. Getting closer to nailing down the trigger.

A reproducable triggering action, with logcat ouput, is as follows:

1) Reboot (fresh start, wait for all apps to appear)
2) Open Terminal and type logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt then press enter, the press the home key
3) Open Camera and switch to video mode, record some video with sound, stop recording, press back key
4) Open Gallery and playback video, sound plays fine, press back key
5) Open Phone and place a call (notice snap sound at end of call?), end call, press back key
6) Open Camera and switch to video mode, record some video with sound, stop recording, press back key
7) Open Gallery and playback video, a snap is heard, then no audio, press back key
8) Open Terminal, hold volume_down key and press c on keyboard to stop logcat, exit terminal
9) Upload logcat.txt contents to pastebin

Replace the phone call step with what you find is a triggering action (headset usage, etc), thanks! ;)

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Jerry, just tested sound on video recording. Recorded with sound fine. Made a phone call, tested again. Once again, sound worked fine. I don't have the headset, I don't use it, so I can't test that way. Running the 8/25 build and have been since it was posted. Haven't had any issues with sound in video recording, although I have tried many times to reproduce it. Sorry I can't help.

Reactions: JerryScript

AzraelsKiss

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Flashed newest BACKside, and I still lose audio on video recordings after plugging in headphones, but now there is no double ding when I press the record button. It always sounds the single ding whether it's recording audio or not. Other than plugging in my headphones, I haven't been able to find any other trigger

~Azrael's Kiss~

Okay... I have both the headphone trigger, and the phone call trigger. Strange thing is... The phone call trigger causes the double ding.

I took a logcat of the headphone trigger, but I can't seem to post it to pastebin right now. I'll try again later.

~Azrael's Kiss~

pandacookie

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
If you have time, would you try rebooting and then once fully started up try to record video with audio? I'm still trying to track down the trigger for the no audio bug. Please let me know if you can record with audio after rebooting, and if the audio capability goes away after that, please try to note what you did before that may have made it stop working.

It appears as if people who have tried the headset mic then have no audio in their video recordings, but I've never used a headset, and I've experienced the bug, so I'm still grasping at straws here.

Rebooted and the audio works on video. Plugged in my headphones and the audio while recording video disappeared. Rebooted a second time and the audio magically came back. My headphones aren't the kind with the mic, either. I think you may be on to something....

EDIT: The audio goes out after I get phone calls, too.

Last edited:

pandacookie

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Another thing I noticed just now; sometimes when people call, the phone's screen stays dark for about ten seconds, then the call screen appears. Just thought you'd like to know.

RT78

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
O.K. so I have never used a headset but HAD the same issue with no audio while using the camcorder. After playing around with it I have figured out that if I start an initial recording it will record with no sound, but if I stop and start a new recording immediately it WILL record with audio. I've checked this on every possible setting and quality mode. The same thing happens. So, I start a recording, stop it, start a new one and all is well. I'm not sure how to send or file a "logcat" (obviously i'm a n00b) but I hope you can use this info to fix the bug. Thanks for a FANTASTIC rom!!;)

BTW, can anyone else confirm this with their setup...?

pandacookie

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
O.K. so I have never used a headset but HAD the same issue with no audio while using the camcorder. After playing around with it I have figured out that if I start an initial recording it will record with no sound, but if I stop and start a new recording immediately it WILL record with audio. I've checked this on every possible setting and quality mode. The same thing happens. So, I start a recording, stop it, start a new one and all is well. I'm not sure how to send or file a "logcat" (obviously i'm a n00b) but I hope you can use this info to fix the bug. Thanks for a FANTASTIC rom!!;)

I can confirm, RT78. I recorded video about three times in a row. The first two times the audio didn't work. The third time, the audio worked.

AzraelsKiss

May 12, 2011
Visit site

I can also confirm this. After the first recording, it will record audio again until I either play a video, mp3, or some sort of media with audio. After the first no audio recording, I can even plug headphones back in, and still be able to record audio. But if I make a phone call, the audio stops working again.

~Azrael's Kiss~

Last edited:

RT78

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
I can also confirm this. After the first recording, it will record audio again until I either play a video, mp3, or some sort of media with audio. After the first no audio recording, I can even plug headphones back in, and still be able to record audio. But if I make a phone call, the audio stops working again.

~Azrael's Kiss~

Yeah. If I close the camera app, the first time I reopen and record video, there will be no audio. I have to start the initial recording, stop it, then restart another without closing in order for the audio to work. If there is a break in that routine (eg. call, music, text), I have to restart it again.:confused:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the testing!

If any of you has a bit more time, we could really use both logcat and dmesg output when this occurs.

For either logcat or dmesg, run the following line in terminal (change logcat to dmesg in both places)

su
logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt

Then press your home key to get out of terminal without closing it. Now do your tests with the camcorder. Once you have reproduced the bug, go back into terminal, press the menu key and toggle the keyboard, then hold the volume_down key and tap the "c" on the keyboard to stop the logcat/dmesg.

Look in your sdcard for the logcat.txt and/or dmesg.txt files. Go to pastebin.com and create a separate pastebin for each, then post the links here.

Thanks for your help tracking this bug down!

Reactions: RT78

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Thanks, the stop/restart does work, however it records at a much lower volume level. Regardless, thankyou, this may help finding a fix! ;)

RT78

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the testing!

If any of you has a bit more time, we could really use both logcat and dmesg output when this occurs.

For either logcat or dmesg, run the following line in terminal (change logcat to dmesg in both places)

su
logcat > /sdcard/logcat.txt

Then press your home key to get out of terminal without closing it. Now do your tests with the camcorder. Once you have reproduced the bug, go back into terminal, press the menu key and toggle the keyboard, then hold the volume_down key and tap the "c" on the keyboard to stop the logcat/dmesg.

Look in your sdcard for the logcat.txt and/or dmesg.txt files. Go to pastebin.com and create a separate pastebin for each, then post the links here.

Thanks for your help tracking this bug down!

O.K. here you go...

Logcat.txt file
RT78 logcat.txt - Pastebin.com

Dmesg.txt file
RT78 dmesg.txt - Pastebin.com

Thanks Jerry! Your instructions were easy enough to follow. I hope these help.:)

adeelmysore

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I have an issue and just wanted to see if anyone else has it. Whenever I dial an international number such as +9221xxxxxxx I get a call was lost but if I dial 0119221xxxxxxx the call connects.

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
Aaright, I wiped and reflashed the latest BACKside ROM, and my WiFi problem is solved. Now I have a new problem: Superuser says its working, the various programs that report such things (astro, remount, etc) say that /system is R/W, but no apps that actually use it are getting the right permissions. I opened terminal emulator and tried to manually mount it with su, but apparently I don't have permissions for su.

:confused:

What am I doing wrong?

...Edit - wipe and reinstall did the trick. Third time's a charm.

Last edited:

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I have an issue and just wanted to see if anyone else has it. Whenever I dial an international number such as +9221xxxxxxx I get a call was lost but if I dial 0119221xxxxxxx the call connects.
Calls starting with + dont go through. Just delete the + and dial. Ive learned that the hard way. Whenever you save a number thats called you or if you try to call someone from the FB app, it adds the + automatically.

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Does your school require you to log in through a web browser once connected? At my campus we need to log in with our school id on a redirect page once we connect initially and load a browser.

Lol no, i live in Puerto Rico, its just regular wifi.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae