[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

kimberlyinmn

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
AND i also cant download anything from market. It says insufficient memory. I have a 8gb card o_O with 3 gbs free and the phone has 70mb free.

I just found out that it only does the market thing randomly.

I was also running into the "insufficient memory" issue with downloading from the Market, with 106.97 MB free on the phone and 5.73 GB free on my SD card. What worked for me was to wipe the SD partition cache and dalvik cache.

Reactions: JerryScript

DF3

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so i do have wifi issues. :/ xD Sucks. Its only at school so far. It scans, detects, and what not, then eventually gets stuck at obtaining IP address. After about a minute it goes crazy and disconnects and does it all over again, but faster and then eventually it cant detect the network anymore. If i toggle Wifi off and on again, it detects it fast again and redoes that cycle.
AND i also cant download anything from market. It says insufficient memory. I have a 8gb card o_O with 3 gbs free and the phone has 70mb free.

I just found out that it only does the market thing randomly.

I had the insufficient memory problem on all the IHO except for Bobz rom. I also had problems with apps not downloading on Harmonia and Bumblebee. I did everything from clearing the cache, dalvik cache, clearing the market, etc.

Give Bobz rom a shot if you haven't tried it already.

Reactions: JerryScript

gater

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Hey JerryScript, any chance the "this phone will self destruct in..." sound is going to be removed from startup? My phone restarts in the middle of the night sometimes and that wakes me up every time.

gsrrr

Derp
Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Hey JerryScript, any chance the "this phone will self destruct in..." sound is going to be removed from startup? My phone restarts in the middle of the night sometimes and that wakes me up every time.

My phone restarts itself too so I've had to get rid of the sound.

You can get rid of it yourself.
1. dl super manager
2. launch app
3. hit file explorer and go to menu>setup> and enable ROOT function (this lets you r/w system files)
3. navigate to system/media and delete the boot sound.

I've tried to switch it out with another mp3 file but it still plays way to loud for my taste so I just deleted the boot sound.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
My phone restarts itself too so I've had to get rid of the sound.

You can get rid of it yourself.
1. dl super manager
2. launch app
3. hit file explorer and go to menu>setup> and enable ROOT function (this lets you r/w system files)
3. navigate to system/media and delete the boot sound.

I've tried to switch it out with another mp3 file but it still plays way to loud for my taste so I just deleted the boot sound.

If there is a sound you want to play at boot up and its too loud pm me here the file and I can lower the volume and send it back to ya. I do all my sounds like that anymore. The default volume is REALLY loud.

Reactions: gsrrr

gsrrr

Derp
Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
If there is a sound you want to play at boot up and its too loud pm me here the file and I can lower the volume and send it back to ya. I do all my sounds like that anymore. The default volume is REALLY loud.

Thanks for the offer and idea. I had not thought about lower the vol in the file. I just downloaded MP3Gain and modified the MP3 file and it works great.

kimberlyinmn

Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone else had a problem re-installing Google Maps with this ROM? I'm not able to restore a backup and when I try to install it from the Market, I briefly see the download arrow in the notification window and that's it. It isn't downloading and therefore not installing. :( I just installed the 8/31 version yesterday, originally I had Bumblebee. Some of the things I've tried are to wipe the Dalvik cache, the partition cache, as well as clearing the Market app cache. I also reflashed the gapps too. ??? Any other suggestions? (This also happens with Cut the Rope.) I was just able to download and install an app called Open Table just fine, so it isn't completely a Market issue.

On a side note, I am VERY happy that I can use my wired headset with this ROM!!! And I love the curved unlock bar. :) (I know there are other things that I like about this ROM, but those to are at the top of my list!!)

Thanks for any help that anyone might have!!

EDITED TO ADD: I wiped the Dalvik and partition cache again and reflashed the Gapps.zip. Now I am able to download Google Maps, but I get the "Package file is invalid" error when installing. At least I'm getting closer!! I'll keep retrying to download/install this. Maybe it will take one of these times.

MORE TO ADD: Hmmmm... no, now I'm back to the almost downloading part. The download arrow in the navigation bar shows for a second or so. Hmmm... Not giving up though. I reflashed the ROM and Gapps. Doo-doo-di-doo... I figure since it isn't life or death to have the app, eventually I'll get it.

WAHOO! Okay, what I did was delete some of the files manually that were in the Dalvik cache using ES Explorer. Yay! Google Maps successfully downloaded and installed. I used this post as a reference.

Last edited:
Reactions: timhuntley

konspiracy

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if this phone has a voltage setting for overclocking.....
I have been doing some research on the cpu but nothing really comes up...

EmuZombie

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I bought a replacement Optimus V for my wife after her's had an unfortunate meeting with the ground and a foot.

I purchased it brand new from Target. It has the optimus s screen. This serves as positive proof new phones are being manufactured with this screen. When I powered it on, right away I noticed a difference. It has a slightly different tint to the colors. When I flashed a recovery I was met with a black screen after rebooting. I then flashed Xionia recovery and it worked without a hitch.

Bearing in mind my wife now has one of these phones with different hardware, I have created a compatible flash-able ROM zip for those also in this same boat.

This ROM is essentially just IHO-Purity with the Xionia kernel. To prevent confusion I'm going to be calling it IHO-Purity-X

Sooo....

Annoncing IHO-Purity-X

Changes from IHO-Purity:
-Replaced IHO kernel with Xionia kernel (this fixes the black screen on newer and refurbished Optimus V)
-Wifi tweaks from Xionia kernel
-Keyswap applied, no need to flash a new keyfile. (without this home and menu keys are reversed)

Download MD5: e6edb92df8c9e78da2158d24c6d34453

Edit: I forgot to properly sign the zip. To install you will need to toggle off signature verification. This will be fixed in my next release.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
SNIP...

This ROM is essentially just IHO-Purity with the Xionia kernel. To prevent confusion I'm going to be calling it IHO-Purity-X

Sooo....

Annoncing IHO-Purity-X

Changes from IHO-Purity:
-Replaced IHO kernel with Xionia kernel (this fixes the black screen on newer and refurbished Optimus V)
-Wifi tweaks from Xionia kernel
-Keyswap applied, no need to flash a new keyfile. (without this home and menu keys are reversed)

Download MD5: e6edb92df8c9e78da2158d24c6d34453

hope you don't mind, I linked to this in the black screen fix thread. thanks!

Last edited:
Reactions: EmuZombie

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I believe they are disabled by default, based on the status of my phone. I cannot remember ever having changed that setting, so I'm pretty sure it's disabled (I could be wrong) ;)

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any idea when Kernel.org will be back up. I finally got my server/build system upgrades and back up and running, and now this. AHHHHHHH.

joshlete

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Which version of IHO has the least bugs. I am currently running Jerry's one from august 27. I am getting reboots when launching camera, wifi and data sometimes keeps turning off by itself and restarting the phone only helps, and quite a few more other bugs. I am wondering what would be the best ROM with least glitches and runs the best with best battery.

vB396530

Banned
Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
Which version of IHO has the least bugs. I am currently running Jerry's one from august 27. I am getting reboots when launching camera, wifi and data sometimes keeps turning off by itself and restarting the phone only helps, and quite a few more other bugs. I am wondering what would be the best ROM with least glitches and runs the best with best battery.
You are right about the bugs I'm getting them on Jerry's 08312011 Latest Build.
but you cant Beat the Battery Life
screenshot-1314845870611.png

:p

:cool:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX