[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

wd5gnr

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Just to close the loop, I posted a few pages back that I'd tried to upgrade from a previous version and my A2SD setup didn't work. Restored from backup and moved on. Had time today so fresh backups and tried again. Went fine this time. Not sure what happened the first time.

Well one app (Automateit Pro) got borked, but that appears to be a problem with how that app stores things not directly related to the upgrade process.

Reactions: JerryScript

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
My stock keyboard force closed and now it is super laggy. Has anyone experienced this? I am hoping someone has and perhaps fixed it with out wiping.

SecularSanity

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I have a question I hope you all don't mind having to re-answer. This thread had 512 pages don't really want to read them all. Alright supersquid helped me fix the problem I had when i tried to install harmonia. I have a refurbished optimus running on old S parts [he said] and it is froyo 2.2 instead of 2.1. He had said i need to install anykernal and swap key after installing any roms so i don't get a blank screen so my question is this...

I cleared everything and installed this mod, all 3 parts, then flashed anykernel, and key swap. I then rebooted and it was blank so it didn't work. I have for right now switched back to harmonia successfully because i have to go to work soon and need the phone to work but I guess my question is how do i install this rom on my refurbished optimus v with S parts running 2.2 and get it to display right. If you need more information let me know...

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, i can not get a uot.zip to flash, i am using the current backsidde, i have tried 3 different recoveries, fresh install of the rom first, i have cooked 3 times in the kitchen using the current systemui and framework,res i have never had problems before, anyone else having issues? I just get stuck in a bootloop

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a question I hope you all don't mind having to re-answer. This thread had 512 pages don't really want to read them all. Alright supersquid helped me fix the problem I had when i tried to install harmonia. I have a refurbished optimus running on old S parts [he said] and it is froyo 2.2 instead of 2.1. He had said i need to install anykernal and swap key after installing any roms so i don't get a blank screen so my question is this...

I cleared everything and installed this mod, all 3 parts, then flashed anykernel, and key swap. I then rebooted and it was blank so it didn't work. I have for right now switched back to harmonia successfully because i have to go to work soon and need the phone to work but I guess my question is how do i install this rom on my refurbished optimus v with S parts running 2.2 and get it to display right. If you need more information let me know...

Goto the wiki and first make sure you have flashed a recommended recovery. I have been using 3.2.0.1 Clockwork recovery without any problem. You can just download Clockworkmod Rom Manager from the market and let it flash the 3.2.0.1 recovery for you. I did this several times and it is the easiest way I know.

In the second step, download EmuZombie's build with Xionia kernel to SD card. Then boot to the recovery and flash it after a full wipe as described in the wiki. That should be all needed.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
For some reason, i can not get a uot.zip to flash, i am using the current backsidde, i have tried 3 different recoveries, fresh install of the rom first, i have cooked 3 times in the kitchen using the current systemui and framework,res i have never had problems before, anyone else having issues? I just get stuck in a bootloop

Did you try replacing the update binary in the UOT zip file with META-INF\com\google\android\update-binary in one of the ROM zip files? That helped me before.

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Goto the wiki and first make sure you have flashed a recommended recovery. I have been using 3.2.0.1 Clockwork recovery without any problem. You can just download Clockworkmod Rom Manager from the market and let it flash the 3.2.0.1 recovery for you. I did this several times and it is the easiest way I know.

In the second step, download EmuZombie's build with Xionia kernel to SD card. Then boot to the recovery and flash it after a full wipe as described in the wiki. That should be all needed.

the problem is that supported recoveries will have a black screen kernel. I will fetch the iho recovery surgically implant a xionia kernel, then upload it here.
someone with a github account can link it on the wiki.
I'll have it done within the hour, maybe sooner.

Reactions: JerryScript

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
the problem is that supported recoveries will have a black screen kernel. I will fetch the iho recovery surgically implant a xionia kernel, then upload it here.
someone with a github account can link it on the wiki.
I'll have it done within the hour, maybe sooner.

CWM 3.2.0.1 recovery does not come with IHO kernel. So, it probably does not have black screen problem. Besides, if the Harmonia version that is already on the phone is 1.5, a suitable and working recovery could be on the phone already. Harmonia needs a custom recovery as well, after all.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
CWM 3.2.0.1 recovery does not come with IHO kernel. So, it probably does not have black screen problem. Besides, if the Harmonia version that is already on the phone is 1.5, a suitable and working recovery could be on the phone already. Harmonia needs a custom recovery as well, after all.

i walked secular through getting his recovery installed. it was ... fun.
no recovery has the right kernel drivers but xionia cwma. xionia kernel and drew's redux are the only kernels with the right drivers.
the altered recovery is uploading right now, I'll attach it to this once it's done.
flashable zip
iho-vm670-X-recovery-4.0.1.4.3-signed.zip
and
.img file
iho-vm670-X-recovery-4.0.1.4.3.img

if you prefer clockwork mod, I already hacked one of those together with a xionia kernel in the black screen thread back in the first couple days.

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Emuzombie, can you please post here what recovery you have used to flash your Xionia build?

Secular, can you please also post what recovery you have used to flash Harmonia? Is it Harmonia 1.5?

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
i walked secular through getting his recovery installed. it was ... fun.
no recovery has the right kernel drivers but xionia cwma. xionia kernel and drew's redux are the only kernels with the right drivers.
the altered recovery is uploading right now, I'll attach it to this once it's done.
flashable zip
iho-vm670-X-recovery-4.0.1.4.3-signed.zip
and
.img file
iho-vm670-X-recovery-4.0.1.4.3.img

if you prefer clockwork mod, I already hacked one of those together with a xionia kernel in the black screen thread back in the first couple days.

Bigsupersuid, thanks for the recoveries. But I have a feeling that this is getting more complicated than it needs to be. That's why I asked Secular and Emuzombie those questions.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21