[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

a5pe4

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey I'm not sure if this question should go in this thread so please tell me if I should move it. I just installed this ROM and everything is working pretty well. I see though that all the live wallpapers and wallpapers are gone and the ringtones are not working. Is there anyway I can get the stock ringtones and wallpapers back?

joshlete

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I am installing JerryScript's latest build, but I get this error when trying to flash it.

E:Wrong digets:
META-INF /com/google/android/updater-script
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

I tried even reformatting, resetting, and I flashed that .zip file to clean everything up.

What is odd, is when I reboot, it run the ROM like it worked. I am thinking it is somehow loading the older JerryScript build. How would I find out which build is being ran in the phone?

EDIT: Now it is just sitting at the I.H.O main screen when booting up.

Last edited:

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site

gsrrr

Derp
Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
How does one get rid of the boot sound in BACKside?

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

1. dl super manager
2. launch app
3. hit file explorer and go to menu>setup> and enable ROOT function (this lets you r/w system files)
3. navigate to system/media and delete the boot sound.

Anyone else have problems with UOT Kitchen? This is a repost of my problem:

This is my first time playing with UOT Kitchen and I'm stuck. After rebooting into recovery, clearing cache and dalvik-cache then trying to flash the UOT file, I get this message:

"E: Error in /sdcard/AndroidThemes/UOT-09-07-06-59-3.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted."

In my UOT file, I'm trying to change the Battery, Icons, Status bar, Popup and Fonts. I've uploaded both the framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk files from the ROM zip file that I've extracted (was I supposed to?). Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

riggerman

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
1. dl super manager
2. launch app
3. hit file explorer and go to menu>setup> and enable ROOT function (this lets you r/w system files)
3. navigate to system/media and delete the boot sound.

Anyone else have problems with UOT Kitchen? This is a repost of my problem:

This is my first time playing with UOT Kitchen and I'm stuck. After rebooting into recovery, clearing cache and dalvik-cache then trying to flash the UOT file, I get this message:

"E: Error in /sdcard/AndroidThemes/UOT-09-07-06-59-3.zip
(Status 0)
Installation aborted."

In my UOT file, I'm trying to change the Battery, Icons, Status bar, Popup and Fonts. I've uploaded both the framework-res.apk and SystemUI.apk files from the ROM zip file that I've extracted (was I supposed to?). Anyone have an idea what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

You need to swap the update binary in the uot zip with the one in the IHO rom zip. I had the same problem. Read the installation error help on the uot site.

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I have new build https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary
Changelog

09-13-11:

Kernel v2: a) Added: CIFS(Common Internet File System) module b) Changed: To NOVATEK_HITACHI - So new Hitachi screens will work. <--A big Thanks to CaptainShanks for all the testing!

Please don't thank me, instead donate to Blarf for all the great work he has done.

Enjoy!

Builders: Here is IHO v2 kernel with WiFi and Tun modules: VM670NH_Kernel.zip

Can you explain the updates a bit please?

Last edited:

gsrrr

Derp
Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
You need to swap the update binary in the uot zip with the one in the IHO rom zip. I had the same problem. Read the installation error help on the uot site.

Thanks but I've tried that already as someone suggested that earlier in this thread.

Where is the installation error help on UOT's site?

NVM I've found it, thanks. I will play around with it again later.

'WORKAROUND for recovery error (Status 0):
1. Unzip your ROM and find
META-INF/com/google/android/update-binary file
2. Put this file in the UOT zip (overriding UOT's file) '

Growjunky

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I have new build https://github.com/inferiorhumanorgans/android_device_lge_thunderc/wiki/Binary
Changelog

09-13-11:

Kernel v2: a) Added: CIFS(Common Internet File System) module b) Changed: To NOVATEK_HITACHI - So new Hitachi screens will work. <--A big Thanks to CaptainShanks for all the testing!

Please don't thank me, instead donate to Blarf for all the great work he has done.

Enjoy!

Is that kernal flashable.

DF3

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
How do I go about updating BobZhome rom?

I wiped the cache & the dalvick cache, and then flashed the rom through the IHO recovery.

The first time I booted in I noticed that there was a messaging saying that the phone storage was running slow, so I guess everything from the SD was moved. Some apps were missing, and settings were reset.

And then It rebooted, and remained frozen on the boot animation screen, so I ended up pulling out the battery after 10 minutes of nothing happening and restored my nandroid back up.

joshgee

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
How do I go about updating BobZhome rom?

I wiped the cache & the dalvick cache, and then flashed the rom through the IHO recovery.

The first time I booted in I noticed that there was a messaging saying that the phone storage was running slow, so I guess everything from the SD was moved. Some apps were missing, and settings were reset.

And then It rebooted, and remained frozen on the boot animation screen, so I ended up pulling out the battery after 10 minutes of nothing happening and restored my nandroid back up.
I've never been able to get a successful update with an IHO build, I've always had to do a full wipe. I have a check list of settings I like and I paid for Titanium Backup Pro (best 6 bucks I've spent) so I don't have to clic through all that batch restore stuff.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Changelog

09-13-11:

Enjoy!

Thanks Bob, Bigsupersquid, and Captainshanks. I have also updated the Mirage build with Bob's IHO kernel. I have flashed the ROM on my phone and everything seems to be fine (no white flashes on the screen while booting). Also confirmed that the kernel is BobZhome v2. You can find it in the Wiki.

I have also updated the warning note to reflect that we don't need the Xionia kernel anymore.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Bob, Bigsupersquid, and Captainshanks. I have also updated the Mirage build with Bob's IHO kernel. I have flashed the ROM on my phone and everything seems to be fine (no white flashes on the screen while booting). Also confirmed that the kernel is BobZhome v2. You can find it in the Wiki.

I have also updated the warning note to reflect that we don't need the Xionia kernel anymore.

I would leave the warning. Not all builds listed include this kernel and therefore could still cause issues.

If I am misreading your post I appologize. I just think keeping the warning is a good idea.

Last edited:

RyanJKremer

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I've had little luck overclocking with the CM settings with both BACKside and Mirage. At best, the settings I choose do not stick, and at worst - I am thrown into a boot-loop. I am not trying to crank it all the way up to 864MHz - just want to set my min at 600 and my max somewhere between 700 and 800. Anyone else seeing this?

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I would leave the warning. Not all builds listed include this kernel and therefore could still cause issues.

If I am misreading your post I appologize. I just think keeping the warning is a good idea.

Yeah I agree, Warning has not been removed, it is still there. Just the wording has been changed to remove the references to Xionia kernel.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta