[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I've had little luck overclocking with the CM settings with both BACKside and Mirage. At best, the settings I choose do not stick, and at worst - I am thrown into a boot-loop. I am not trying to crank it all the way up to 864MHz - just want to set my min at 600 and my max somewhere between 700 and 800. Anyone else seeing this?

Keep your minimum around 480 and you maximum about 767 and you should be ok. 600 is kinda high for a minimum.

Reactions: RyanJKremer

joshlete

Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
I am installing JerryScript's latest build, but I get this error when trying to flash it.

E:Wrong digets:
META-INF /com/google/android/updater-script
E:signature verification failed
Installation aborted

I tried even reformatting, resetting, and I flashed that .zip file to clean everything up.

What is odd, is when I reboot, it run the ROM like it worked. I am thinking it is somehow loading the older JerryScript build. How would I find out which build is being ran in the phone?

EDIT: Now it is just sitting at the I.H.O main screen when booting up.

Posted this like 2 pages ago. Is there anyone that can help me??

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
The gingerbread update to the Optimus S looks promising. Looks like the S devs may have it rooted before the end of the day. ;)

Edit: THEY HAVE ROOT!!!

Last edited:

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Ok so I know I'm a newb and all but maybe you can explain to me why a stock gingerbread is so great.? What can it give that these awesome IHO roms couldn't or haven't?:confused:

Agreed. IHO is so good and close to be perfect, I would not give it up to go back anything stock. My only hope is that the binary libraries in the stock GB ROM could help resolving last few standing issues such as headphone/audio problems and "maybe" getting more performance (or battery life). But the stock GB ROM will come with its own problems and those could be more significant than what we currently have in IHO. Actually, none of the problems in IHO are bothering me at all.

Edit: Thanks to Blarf, Bob, Jerry.

Last edited:
Reactions: BobZhome and RT78

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Stock Gingerbread will never be as good as CM7, simply because it doesn't have the features that CM7 adds to Gingerbread. Imagine Gingerbread is the bread itself, and CM7 like adding pumpkin and spice to make an awesome cake. Gingerbread is great by itself, with CM7 it's awesome.

The reason having stock gingerbread is good news is it will allow us to see how the phone's designers and programmers put it all together. This allows us to take what they know and make it work better, or at least more like we want it to. We may be able to have fully functioning headsets, better bluetooth support, less wifi headaches, better battery life, etc etc. Notice I said may, this is all speculative, but you can bet there will be some improvements thanks to this being released.

Reactions: RT78

pandacookie

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Stock Gingerbread will never be as good as CM7, simply because it doesn't have the features that CM7 adds to Gingerbread. Imagine Gingerbread is the bread itself, and CM7 like adding pumpkin and spice to make an awesome cake. Gingerbread is great by itself, with CM7 it's awesome.

The reason having stock gingerbread is good news is it will allow us to see how the phone's designers and programmers put it all together. This allows us to take what they know and make it work better, or at least more like we want it to. We may be able to have fully functioning headsets, better bluetooth support, less wifi headaches, better battery life, etc etc. Notice I said may, this is all speculative, but you can bet there will be some improvements thanks to this being released.

Exactly what I'm looking forward to is seeing what you guys do with this! If you guys can do great things with IHO, imagine the possibilities!

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
OK, I decided to go ahead and risk my phone and try it out. I cleaned out the radio image and a few other things that made me nervous, edited the updater-script and build prop, resigned everthing. I did a nandroid backup of course, did a full wipe, installed the modified Sprint Gingerbread zip, flashed gapps, then flashed mmarz's sprint-to-ov zip file.

The phone started up, showed the standard LG logo, then all of a sudden there was an explosion and the sprint logo appeared, kinda cool actually. It then went through the standard android bootanimation, and next thing you know I'm at the account sign in screen.

I hadn't taken the necessary steps to get it working with the virgin mobile network, and the wifi modules don't seem compatible as is, but I was able to boot into the OS, and use the phone minus network/phone capabilities. The interface is buttery smooth, and everything else seems to work great.

Good news for future ROM upgrades and builds! ;)

Edit: Power off just hung at the powering off box, pulled battery, rebooted, wifi works fine, signed into market fine. On second time I opened market, it upgraded.

Last edited:

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
This is good news, but don't expect much for awhile yet. We are still waiting for kernel.org to come back online, so for now it would be mostly zip packaging and scripting to get anything to work. Once Blarf has time to look at the S kernel and the OTA package, we'll see what may come of this.

Edit: Hopefully all CM7 builds in the future can work with all versions of screens being sold by LG these days ;)

Last edited:

Bluntsworth

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
This news has got me rockin back in forth in my chair, scratching myself for no reason and staring at my boot animation with the urge to flash something without wipeing quick style:confused:... thanks jerry blarf and friends.

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm on BobZ. I'm getting the white flashes at the green circle bootanimation. I did a fresh install, wiped everything. Using Koush Recovery.