[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
i have tried everything, and still a no go. If you know of a better option than link2sd id be happy to try it.

I would ask in the link2sd threads at xda.

Otherwise, you can do like I do and use TitaniumBackup to manage your overflowing apps. Determine which ones you use less than once a week, and back them up, then uninstall them. Reinstall when necessary. This way, you keep a ton of space free, and it only takes about 30 seconds to install/restore any app. ;)

Reactions: reaper420

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
New build is up, removed bootloader from the reboot menu, switch to Blarf's v2 kernel to work with newer screens:

BACKside-IHO-VM670-09162011.zip
md5 checksum f9d4b272e93809da3fae17fe0f8d7322

If you use the GreenMachineTheme, be sure to use the newer version:
GreenMachineTheme-09162011.zip

You will probably need to flash gapps, ymmv, only adds 1 1/2 minutes to the entire process. ;)

Coming soon, builds with newer proprietary blobs to test out, only or the adventurous!

itsrayray

Aug 2, 2011
Visit site
Ther should be a thread(probably stickied) with a link to them. Actually a few threads. Just download and install then hopefully it should work.

I would find u the link but im my mobile at work.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Proprietary blobs?
The LG sourced software that interacts with the phone's hardware. We use as much open source as possible, but some things require LG's software due to crappy or no open source versions being available. I'm hoping we may finally solve the mystery of the headset switch, and a few other issues may be helped as well.

Is this the only change? If so ill stick to your last build lol.
No major changes other than switching to Blarf's v2 kernel so those with new screens won't have problems.

CloudBusterr

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I only had trouble mounting my phone via USB once. I pulled the USB cable and plugged it back in and it showed up. It definitely SHOULD work, so keep trying.

Sent via VM670

I mean, my computer knows that there's a device there, it just can't open it!
Then my phone doesn't know it's connected to a laptop because when I click "tether" it says, "USB not plugged in"

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
USB tethering is not the same as USB mass storage.

Normally, when you plug in your phone, the notification dropdown menu will have an option to mount the sdcard as USB mass storage. If this doesn't occur, you can go into settings>>applications>>development>>USBdebugging check/uncheck it, and when you do, it should take you to the USB mass storage screen.

If neither of the above works, and you have drivers installed that worked fine before you installed the ROM, then you may need to do a full wipe, reflash the ROM and gapps, then test before restoring anything, if it works, restore but DO NOT RESTORE ANY SYSTEM APPS OR DATA!

Reactions: CloudBusterr

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Is there such a thing as a layman's version of the instructions. It seems the instructions were written for another hacker :) I get the concept, just don't know what program should be ran from where and how...

3) Boot into recovery

4) Make a backup (ALWAYS RECOMMENDED!)

5) Wipe cache, and under advanced wipe dalvik cache

6) Under mounts, format boot, system, data, and cache (only recommended when coming from a different ROM)

It seems for the above you are running a program? Which program? How did you boot into recovery and did the same method make the other options above available options?

7) Flash the BACKside ROM zip file

8) Flash the gapps zip file

9) [Optional] Flash the GreenMachine-UOT zip file for the Green Machine Theme

How do you "flash" the files...do you mean execute them? And if they are zipped, do they need to be unzipped first? The instructions for downloading don't say anything about unzipping before putting on the SD card?

I am willing to come across as totally stupid here to insure I know what I am doing before I attempt to brick my phone.

Thanks..
:confused:

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site

5) Wipe cache, and under advanced wipe dalvik cache

6) Under mounts, format boot, system, data, and cache (only recommended when coming from a different ROM)

Sorry for being a nuisance. I wanted to try and do what I could, so I found how to boot into recovery, but I don't have those options. Mine are:

1. reboot system now
2. apply sdcard:update.zip
3. wipe data/factory reset
4. wipe cache partition

The first step to wipe the cache would be the 4th choice, but I don't have an advanced choice? Then of course I have none of the steps in 6?

Sorry for being a pest..