[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
If the space is what worries you then look into DarkTremor Apps2SD...

You create a partition on your SD card and the program moves the actual files to an ext partition on the SD card and uses symlinks (the linux equivalent to a shortcut) to make the system believe the files are on the phone... The program also can move the dalvik cache which is one of the largest things on the internal memory.

However, you do not need the program if you are familiar with Linux commands. I could easily talk you through it.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Hello, Maybe the part you read made it sound like I had an actual space problem, I don't, or at least the phone doesn't think so as it still says I have over 100MB of free space. The problem is my inability to either download or install new apps for a lack of space, or for whatever other masked problem I am having.

I am better off with a stock ROM that at least works than a whiz bang ROM that is "broke". Seems odd to me that basic application download and install is a problem as that is about as fundamental of a need, second only to making phone calls.

Thanks!

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Hello, Maybe the part you read made it sound like I had an actual space problem, I don't, or at least the phone doesn't think so as it still says I have over 100MB of free space. The problem is my inability to either download or install new apps for a lack of space, or for whatever other masked problem I am having.

I am better off with a stock ROM that at least works than a whiz bang ROM that is "broke". Seems odd to me that basic application download and install is a problem as that is about as fundamental of a need, second only to making phone calls.

Thanks!

Ok, my suggestion is to wipe and reflash the ROM, ensure you also flash the gapps.zip. One last thing, what recovery are you using?

AzraelsKiss

May 12, 2011
Visit site
The one time I had insufficient space errors while trying to install apps, I fixed it by unmounting the sdcard, removing and returning the sdcard, and remounting. After that, I was able to install apps again. I haven't had the problem since, so I cannot verify if this work around really works, or if it was a coincidence, so use at your own risk. Goodluck.

~Azrael's Kiss~

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
For the market, try settings>>manage applications>>all>>market>> uninstall updates, clear data, clear cache, reboot

When investigating, I found that solution, and had tried it already. I did it again, was able to install two more apps, then ran into all of the errors again, and even when clearing the data and cache again, rebooting, and trying again, no more will install.

I noticed ever after rebooting the phone, Market shows 8MB of data already used without even running it. When I check it after an install failed, it is always at 40MB, I clear it and cache, reboot, try again, and it is 40MB again. Seems 40MB is a limit that it can't get paste, perhaps preventing the installs?

Either way, I can't even install something as simple as Voice Search.

BTW, even after some previous installs broke, I was able to do some new installs, but only a couple.

Thanks

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
The one time I had insufficient space errors while trying to install apps, I fixed it by unmounting the sdcard, removing and returning the sdcard, and remounting. After that, I was able to install apps again. I haven't had the problem since, so I cannot verify if this work around really works, or if it was a coincidence, so use at your own risk. Goodluck.

~Azrael's Kiss~

i had the same problem yesterday as well. it was a good excuse for me to finally learn how to partition the sd card. now i can install a hundred more apps if i really wanted to.

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Ok, my suggestion is to wipe and reflash the ROM, ensure you also flash the gapps.zip. One last thing, what recovery are you using?

If I wipe and reflash the ROM, wouldn't that leave me back where I started at, and then theoretically, I would end up where I am now if I follow the same path with the same ROM?

I used:

iho-vm670-recovery-4.0.1.4.3.img
VM670-CM7.1-RC1-IHO-09142011_MiRaGe
gapps-gb-20110613-signed

I hope that was the right "set" of programs to install?

Thanks

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
i had the same problem yesterday as well. it was a good excuse for me to finally learn how to partition the sd card. now i can install a hundred more apps if i really wanted to.

I don't understand what partitioning the SD does for you? It still isn't internal memory so I don't understand the benefit? I understand partitioning hard drives on a PC to split them up, and each partition can be formatted differently, but it doesn't give me more or less memory?

That would also infer you were out of memory. Although I am getting insufficient space messages, I don't know what space it thinks is insufficient as there appears to be plenty of SD and internal memory to install more programs.

I am confused, but I know I need a solution.

Thanks!

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
If I wipe and reflash the ROM, wouldn't that leave me back where I started at, and then theoretically, I would end up where I am now if I follow the same path with the same ROM?

I used:

iho-vm670-recovery-4.0.1.4.3.img
VM670-CM7.1-RC1-IHO-09142011_MiRaGe
gapps-gb-20110613-signed

I hope that was the right "set" of programs to install?

Thanks

Sometimes you just get a bad install. You could try any of the other IHO Roms. I used the BobZhome version for a long time and only recently switched to Backside. But I have had no issues with either one. Just give it a try, at worst you are no worse than you currently are.

When you Partiotion the SD Card you create an ext partition which is native to the linux based system used by the phone. The regular FAT32 on the card cannot be used the same way. You can move a wide range of items to this ext partition to include the apps, but also the dalvik cache, system media folder, among other things.

if you do try the DarkTremor method I mentioned first it would also fix the issue. The system app and user apps folder on the phone are replaced with a Symlink and you with have quite a hard time filling up a 1024mb or even a 512mb space.

Here are the instructions for DarkTremor:
Darktremor Installation Instructions | Facebook

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes you just get a bad install. You could try any of the other IHO Roms. I used the BobZhome version for a long time and only recently switched to Backside. But I have had no issues with either one. Just give it a try, at worst you are no worse than you currently are.

When you Partiotion the SD Card you create an ext partition which is native to the linux based system used by the phone. The regular FAT32 on the card cannot be used the same way. You can move a wide range of items to this ext partition to include the apps, but also the dalvik cache, system media folder, among other things.

if you do try the DarkTremor method I mentioned first it would also fix the issue. The system app and user apps folder on the phone are replaced with a Symlink and you with have quite a hard time filling up a 1024mb or even a 512mb space.

Here are the instructions for DarkTremor:
Darktremor Installation Instructions | Facebook

Any suggestions on the size to make the ext partition? I have a 16GB card in their now. Have a 32GB coming, but not here now and I may or may not use it in this phone.

Do you choose (and how) what to move to the ext partition or does Linux manage it?

Just backed up my SD card to PC and proceeding..

Thanks sire!

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Any suggestions on the size to make the ext partition? I have a 16GB card in their now. Have a 32GB coming, but not here now and I may or may not use it in this phone.

Do you choose (and how) what to move to the ext partition or does Linux manage it?

Just backed up my SD card to PC and proceeding..

Thanks sire!

I would go with a 1GB. Much more than that sometimes you can have issues. If your card is not a Class 6 or higher, do not setup a swap partition... waste of space.

In a fashion you do, you can tell it to move the apps, and move the Dalvik-Cache, I manually moved other things. Remember! BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP! Crap can go wrong. Never did for me, but doesnt mean it can't.

One more thing, after this is completed, your ext should be backed up whena backup is performed. This did not work for me with the original ClockworkMod Recovery, but works just fine with the IHO version.

Hope this helps!

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
gack..now I have another problem...even if I choose power off, the phone reboots, not allowing me to do the three finger salute to get into recovery....??

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
U
gack..now I have another problem...even if I choose power off, the phone reboots, not allowing me to do the three finger salute to get into recovery....??

unplug it before power off. if it still reboots after unplugging...
alternatively, hold the buttons from before power off until booted to recovery.

edit
dang, beat to the punch.

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Did you try my suggestion:

Be sure you follow the steps, uninstall updates to market, clear data to market, clear cache to market,,,,
Thanks, think I missed the "uninstall updates to market" step...gack...sorry about that kind sir. I am in the process of partitioning my SD which is probably for the best anyway.

I mentioned earlier that I have a conflict between IHO and an installed app. Whenever something like that happens, you never know what the consequences might be...so this might be best for a variety of reason, and in some sense, starting with a "cleaner" install that previous one.

Thanks

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908