[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
ok...next...in the apps2sd install instructions, it says to:

"In the partition sdcard menu, select sd:ext2 to ext3. Follow the instructions on the screen."

I don't see those options?

thanks again

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
ok...next...in the apps2sd install instructions, it says to:

"In the partition sdcard menu, select sd:ext2 to ext3. Follow the instructions on the screen."

I don't see those options?

thanks again

ignore... IHO Partitioning already made it an ext3.

Pretty much move on from there.
DO NOT make it a ext4, not all ROMs can use this.

move everything back over to the SD card, flash dtapps2sd.zip, reboot phone.

Bring up Terminal Emulator and type the following:

su
a2sd check

should show apps are moved to SD card. If not, let me know.

you may want to run this just to be sure:

a2sd reinstall (will reboot phone)
a2sd cachesdreset (clears then moves the Dalvik cache, will cause a long reboot)
a2sd zipalign (optimizer)

Let me know if you get stuck.

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the tips...seems a2sd is fine...and I just did the cachesdreset..

what I don't understand is if it will automatically move things already installed, future things, or nothing unless asked to?

Winding down for the day...

thanks for everything!

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the tips...seems a2sd is fine...and I just did the cachesdreset..

what I don't understand is if it will automatically move things already installed, future things, or nothing unless asked to?

Winding down for the day...

thanks for everything!

Any and all...
Remember it changes the app folder into a shortcut, so to speak... Anything directed to the 'shortcut' ends up on the ext...
The same thing for the dalvik cache... Anything new created will be in its new location...

Sent from my LG Optimus-V using Tapatalk

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Any and all...
Remember it changes the app folder into a shortcut, so to speak... Anything directed to the 'shortcut' ends up on the ext...
The same thing for the dalvik cache... Anything new created will be in its new location...

Gotcha....have a side question... Is there a reason when I go into Market that where it shows installed and not installed apps, that the list is really short? I read in an earlier message regarding my space problem that it is best to install Market items via the phone vs from online, but instead of typing in all the apps in the browser, is there a reason my "bought" list isn't appearing like it does for the appstore? When I launch Appstore it told me I had 94 items to install and they were all in the list to pick from, but the Market list is incomplete in comparison.

If going to the Market online and "pushing" the apps down isn't advisable, then how do I avoid searching for all the apps from the phone?

While I am asking questions, to change from one ROM to another, do I just flash a new one "over" the previous one? I just read there was a new Backside version out but haven't seen instructions on changing recoveries or ROMs after you have another one installed.

Thanks again sir!

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
While I am asking questions, to change from one ROM to another, do I just flash a new one "over" the previous one? I just read there was a new Backside version out but haven't seen instructions on changing recoveries or ROMs after you have another one installed.

Thanks again sir!

No! Unless you already use the BACKside ROM, you can mess things up. I always just perform a full wipe and reload. I backup and restore all my apps and use Titanium Backup Pro to via One Click. You would need to reflash the DTApps2SD.zip, and reconfigure it.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
Testshoot's posts and the replies have nothing to do with IHO. These are all generic user problems. Please stop spamming this thread. Enough already! :mad:

testshoot

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Testshoot's posts and the replies have nothing to do with IHO. These are all generic user problems. Please stop spamming this thread. Enough already! :mad:

My last question was about ROMS and virtually every other message has been in regards to issues regarding the ROM. Sure, I am mixed in some general questions, but I wouldn't be participating in this thread if I wasn't switching to this ROM and the problems and issues related to this ROM.

I will try to limit myself to things specific to this ROM, like my last question regarding switching from one version of the ROM to another.

Even the comment about Market relates to this ROM, as it was only in reference to this ROM did I ever read anything about how to install Market items, so here again, I even thought that question was related to this ROM.

I think your comment was uncalled for just because you don't think my questions are related. If you can't see the link between my questions and the ROM, then you might want to ask what the link is before you start ripping me for asking unrelated questions. as far as I am concerned, both of my last questions and 95% of what I have written here were in regards to this ROM. I wouldn't be writing anything at all in this topic if I wasn't having these ROM related problems.

My apologies to anyone else who thinks my questions are unrelated to the topic and I will try to make sure my questions are only ROM related, but what is related is something we all ascertain one way or another, as in this case.

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
My last question was about ROMS and virtually every other message has been in regards to issues regarding the ROM. Sure, I am mixed in some general questions, but I wouldn't be participating in this thread if I wasn't switching to this ROM and the problems and issues related to this ROM.

I will try to limit myself to things specific to this ROM, like my last question regarding switching from one version of the ROM to another.

Even the comment about Market relates to this ROM, as it was only in reference to this ROM did I ever read anything about how to install Market items, so here again, I even thought that question was related to this ROM.

I think your comment was uncalled for just because you don't think my questions are related. If you can't see the link between my questions and the ROM, then you might want to ask what the link is before you start ripping me for asking unrelated questions. as far as I am concerned, both of my last questions and 95% of what I have written here were in regards to this ROM. I wouldn't be writing anything at all in this topic if I wasn't having these ROM related problems.

My apologies to anyone else who thinks my questions are unrelated to the topic and I will try to make sure my questions are only ROM related, but what is related is something we all ascertain one way or another, as in this case.

Nobody's ripping you, this thread is alreado overcrowded, and alot of it is partitioning/market/rooting/ etc. That's been asked and answered multiple times and is more general discussion, which makes it impossible for people to find answers pertaining the rom its self, use the search feature first, with almost 200 pages on this rom alone, I'm sure your questions have been answered before. We aren't trying to be mean, this thread just needs to be decluttered

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I know it was disabled but I suggest building a special ROM with factory reset in privacy settings just for absolutely needed cases like this :)

devanttrio

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
I wanna give a big thank you to blarf and JerryScript for all the hard work on this. I have been using it for about a week now and it runs very smooth! Thank you to all who contributed, I know there were more that helped put this out there :)

Reactions: JerryScript

batteriies

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Apologies if this is a repost question (i couldn't find the same issue) but I've been using this rom for about a month and a half now(and its wonderful, I'd like to extend my thanks to everyone who worked on it), also use groove ip, now my problem isn't the problem listed under the known bugs, I can make and receive phone calls using groove ip, but sometimes it just disconnects while phone is idle(it didn't do this while phone was still stock), and I have my wifi set to never sleep, is there some other setting I missed somewhere or is this a bug manifesting itself in another way? Other than that everything else i use it for runs flawlessly and thanks again for all the hard work.

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
I have uploaded the 09222011 build to the Wiki. This build comes with kernel v3.1, thanks to BobZhome, which adds two new governors (SmartassV2 and InteractiveX). I have also synced with CM. Besides several minor changes, there is a six-channel equalizer in DSP and a new striped Camera background. Everything seems to be fine after my testing. Enjoy!

Reactions: BobZhome

thexxoffspring

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
I have uploaded the 09222011 build to the Wiki. This build comes with kernel v3.1, thanks to BobZhome, which adds two new governors (SmartassV2 and InteractiveX). I have also synced with CM. Besides several minor changes, there is a six-channel equalizer in DSP and a new striped Camera background. Everything seems to be fine after my testing. Enjoy!

whats the difference in governors?

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site
whats the difference in governors?

Please see the thread below.
[Q] SetCPU governors (explained) - xda-developers

In short, interactive is the most responsive among the CPU governors. Smartass takes interactive and adds more intelligent frequency management to save battery. I recommend you to try both and decide yourself. I can't see much difference between them regarding responsiveness and battery life.

BobZhome might add to this.

bkwright87

May 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure why it is happening, but lately when i flash any IHO build, with the gapps zip, i reboot the phone, but the market is not installed. I have IHO recovery currently flashed. I don't understand what is going on.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084