[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

gymelsmythe

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the latest mirage build....but no crazy lockscreen.....at least, I think I have the latest....is it 9/25? I don't have access to my computer right now....

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I have the latest mirage build....but no crazy lockscreen.....at least, I think I have the latest....is it 9/25? I don't have access to my computer right now....

The latest version was released yesterday. 9/28.

I'm not sure if it's in the release that you are running. If it is, it would be found in Settings > Cyanogenmod Settings > Lockscreen > Style Options > Lockscreen Style > choose the one called "ring"

Reactions: mrg666

ShortRound51

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
I swear my phones insane. Between DATA and WIFI, I get these moments where i have to stop myself from trying to kill my V. The lagging really pissed me off when it does it, but once its back to normal, I calm down xD
Ugh, frustrating crap. Now im not sure of its the ROM or my Phones just slowly dying.

All our phones go insane from time to time. I have had issues like this in the past. What has fixed it for me was a wipe of the cache partition and the dalvik-cache from recovery and reboot.. Don't know if this will help you, but it is worth a shot, IMHO. There will be a pretty long boot after this. Hope this helps!

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
There seems to be a ton of builds coming every few days lately. What's the reason? Makes me hang on to Harmonia even tighter and wait for things to settle down in IHOville. Seems like more problems are being introduced instead of being corrected.

Not criticizing the great people working on these ROMs, cause lord knows I couldn't do what they do. Just wondering what's up of late causing the constant flow of new builds.

A lot of the updates are from the CM7 tree that gets pushed onto our devices too, since there are probably hundreds of other devs working on the source code. The most recent updates are interesting, like 2D acceleration, which makes everything even smoother. Also accelerometer was fixed. Many of the actual posts here are problems experienced by a bad flash or wipe, not something that is reproducible by everyone.

This ROM has very few problems - notably headset, power, & voice buttons can't be customized, BT for some people (not me). Otherwise EVERYTHING works flawlessly. Even battery life is great, I've managed to extend my in-between charges to about a week the last couple of times, and with latest 0928 build, it seems to have gotten even better.

mjs2011

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
All our phones go insane from time to time. I have had issues like this in the past. What has fixed it for me was a wipe of the cache partition and the dalvik-cache from recovery and reboot.. Don't know if this will help you, but it is worth a shot, IMHO. There will be a pretty long boot after this. Hope this helps!

yep. mine is actually doing it right now. what i'm guessing is that it's time to do a complete wipe and then flash the newest Mirage build. with the exception of a couple apps that i can't get from the market anymore, i'm going to redownload from the market instead of restoring backups as well.

sometimes it's good to just start fresh. this is probably the 3rd time i've done it. doesn't mean your phone is slowly dying.

devanttrio

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Quick question, where is the market apps install place? With being rooted and just having stock it was data/apps. But with the mirage build there is nothing there. I have some apps that I want to upload to box and have looked and looked. I ha d it set to automatic for setting on app installation place in cm settings too. Any input greatly appreciated!!

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Edit: oops got it. I didn't have root enabled in my file explorer. Duh me :/

Last edited:

First Strike

May 5, 2011
Visit site

pbailey212

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
New MiRage build is on the wiki, the cm7.1 is no longer RC, I'm not sure if they changed anything, he posted it on xda, so i thaught i would share, and the old theme.zip works with it

wd5gnr

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I an posting this in case others are having this issue with the preinstall Darktremor Apps2SD on the BobZhome ROM...

I was using BobZhome's 8/30 version and enjoyed the great space that Darktremor Apps2SD gave me... Unfortunately when I switched to the 9/13 version (and all newer versions) Darktremor no longer can move the Dalvik-Cache, the phone freezes on the second LG Logo during reboot (pulling the battery was the only option)... When finally booted up the operation didn't complete... Even running repair did not work. I attempted to even perform the operation manually while in recovery... And the same thing happens...

I have had the same problem (posted this a few pages back, I think). There is an easier solution, but you need an adb shell. You can get into the shell during recovery or while the android is spinning:

mount -o remount,rw /system
chmod 640 /system/etc/init.d/01mvdalvik
mount -o remount,ro /system
a2sd cachesd
reboot

You really don't need the 2nd mount command, so if you are a lazy typist, you can skip it.

The comments on the bobzhome page say something about swap being enabled or working, but in fact it looks like there is no swap support in the kernel. Anyone know if that's true or am I having operator error? Not sure I'd really want to run with swap anyway, but would like to know if I'm doing something wrong.

Great ROM.

The 01mvdalvik cache moves the dalvik cache to the cache partition if you clear the cache.

Reactions: johnp012001

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Is the gallery the only thing that crashes? The most common cause of crashes with the gallery is too high of an overclock, and often the camera will crash under similar conditions. How many photos/videos do you have?

Reactions: jeffreynothing43

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Is the gallery the only thing that crashes? The most common cause of crashes with the gallery is too high of an overclock, and often the camera will crash under similar conditions. How many photos/videos do you have?

Maybe 150-200... I didn't think 748 was too high... Maybe it is? I didn't try the camera to be honest...and my phone is not with me right now, so I can't test it.

gymelsmythe

May 10, 2011
Visit site
The latest version was released yesterday. 9/28.

I'm not sure if it's in the release that you are running. If it is, it would be found in Settings > Cyanogenmod Settings > Lockscreen > Style Options > Lockscreen Style > choose the one called "ring"

Thanx I'm gonna go get the new build right now!!

one80oneday

Jan 25, 2011
twitter.com
Which ROM has the fewest apps and theme mods?
Battery life on all the IMO should be the same right?

Currently using Harm2 and it's not running so great

justinh

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463