[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

duke_4386

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Another small bug with the middle clock. If you have enough notification icons they cover up some of the clock. If there is an icon on top of the clock when you pull down the notifications that icon stays while the rest disappear.

That's the only thing that's bothering me now, fantastic ROM Jerry!

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I reported the same issue a week back. Did a fresh install/wipe/all that jazz and still no MMS. So I'm back on bumblebee.

Edit: My bad, it was actually BACKside that I was using but this seems a recurring theme.
\\

I wish I could get on Bumblebee...every Rom I try randomly reboots and freezes. I hate this phone. It was fine before the screen update.

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I actually haven't flashed the latest build yet but I remember hearing about Google Wallet on Android 2.3.7 and cyanogenmod being updated to 2.3.7 so I figured it was in there.

Google wallet only works with phones that have the chip built in. I own a Nexus S.... So even if it is in the build, your phone (Optimus) won't do anything with it. I am having tons of trouble with my Optimus V though...jeezzzzz...

LeslieAnn

Android Developer
Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
\\

I wish I could get on Bumblebee...every Rom I try randomly reboots and freezes. I hate this phone. It was fine before the screen update.

One thing we found early on was the sdcard mattered in terms of stability. If you format it with a computer, back it up and format it with the phone. That has been known to solve your issue. Computers can read most anything, but I suspect the phones have less tolerance for slightly off partitioning information, so it;s better to let the device it will be used in, handle the formatting. This applies to mp3 players and cameras as well.

Backup your data and card, format the card in the phone, put your rom back on the card, wipeout the phone, install the rom, then re-install your apps, from the market whenever possible.

Do NOT restore system settings of any kind and do not overclock until it is stable. Also, keep your programs and restored data to a minimum until it is stable. There is a good chance you could be re-important a setting or app causing your crashes.

In other words, start over.

By the way, Bumblebee doesn't work on the new screens without a kernel change.

Growjunky

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
place blarfs recovery on the root of youre sd card rename it something simple like bob then go into terminal emulator and type this, flash_image recovery /sdcard/bob.img

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

camf3xu

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
place blarfs recovery on the root of youre sd card rename it something simple like bob then go into terminal emulator and type this, flash_image recovery /sdcard/bob.img

usage: flash_image partition file.img = success?

my recovery still shows same version of clockwork mod (v3.2.0.1) dunno if that will change or not.

and is their a way to remove boot sound? i went to system/media/ and tried to delete android_audio.mp3 but it said cannot be deleted.

Last edited:

Growjunky

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
try erasing the boot sound with es file explorer. enable root and mt rw in the settings and then try to delete boot sound.

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
what happen if you install blarf's recovery over cwm recovery? Do i loose my backups?

No your wont lose them. However it might appear they are missing. But its easy to fix just find the backup and move them to the clockwork backup folder and your all set.

This doesnt happen often so more than likely you wont have to do this. But incase thats how you fix it.

demoport

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
I tested sending and receiving pictures with my daughters phone, which is on MetroPCS, and it worked both ways.
Bob

I wiped everything and re-isntalled your 092911 build for LG Optimus [V] and it still refuses to send MMS messages. If you go into Dev Tools and you try to enable MMS, Dev Tools will crash so there is definitely something wrong here. Also on the MiRAGE build the MMS is working fine.

I am obsessed with your build because youre the only one that fixed the accelerometer by reverting back the device sensor in your previous build.

johnp012001

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same problem (posted this a few pages back, I think). There is an easier solution, but you need an adb shell. You can get into the shell during recovery or while the android is spinning:

mount -o remount,rw /system
chmod 640 /system/etc/init.d/01mvdalvik
mount -o remount,ro /system
a2sd cachesd
reboot

You really don't need the 2nd mount command, so if you are a lazy typist, you can skip it.

The comments on the bobzhome page say something about swap being enabled or working, but in fact it looks like there is no swap support in the kernel. Anyone know if that's true or am I having operator error? Not sure I'd really want to run with swap anyway, but would like to know if I'm doing something wrong.

Great ROM.

The 01mvdalvik cache moves the dalvik cache to the cache partition if you clear the cache.

Is this an issue with CM7, these ROMs, or A2SD? I really wanted to update without having to set up everything all over again, and have tried multiple updates over the past month. Finally had time to try this and now everything is great!

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
How do I checkout from the repository? I tried cloning the git repository, but I only obtained a few files. One looks like some kind of manifest file describing all of the packages used in the system, but I do not see any code.

By the way, have any of the people working on this included compcache in their firmware? I noticed that my LG-VM670 does not have enough memory to run my background services and Symphony of Eternity smoothly, so to fix that, I would like to install firmware that makes use of compcache. As long as swap free notify support is included, the use of compcache should have a beneficial effect in memory constrained situations.

bdieu17

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I just Installed the new Backside ROM for my new OV , and it looks beautiful

i would like to thank all of the developers for their hard work , and making it possible for all to use ,,,,,Kudos to all!!!

p.s wat is the battery life for the Backside rom ?

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I wiped everything and re-isntalled your 092911 build for LG Optimus [V] and it still refuses to send MMS messages. If you go into Dev Tools and you try to enable MMS, Dev Tools will crash so there is definitely something wrong here. Also on the MiRAGE build the MMS is working fine.

I am obsessed with your build because youre the only one that fixed the accelerometer by reverting back the device sensor in your previous build.
My Dev tools opens with out crashing.
A few things to try:
Try MMS and Dev tools before installing/restoring anything.
Try re-downloading my ROM, maybe it's corrupt.
Try a different SDcard or re-formatting the one you have with CWM.

Bob