[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I never could pin down what the problem was on my phone.
3g bites here, but I could send and recieve media through email fine while I couldn't through mms.
don't have a wifi router, just the phone AP, so my wifi is rarely on, and only as an AP, not recieving.
like I said, I full wipe everything except the sd card, every install, and I tried xionia, cwm, and iho recoveries... even tried wiping twice before install. I went from 8-31 to recently with no mms, and I tried every available iho flavor and build in between. I even had the same issue on two different ov's, since I replaced one I bricked during the "Time of No MMS"

not saying anything is borked in the rom!
I also haven't reflashed any of the old builds to test again since it's been working again, so I can't rule out (and actually suspect) local network issues.

not complaining, just commenting. I feel lucky both my atheros and intel wifi hardware has always connected without issues, unlike some people. hardware is tweaky from device to device, I feel.

edit: I forgot to mention, like other reports, during the time I wasn't able to use mms with iho, I could consistently install any froyo rom and use mms, reinstall an iho flavor, and no mms again.

I was wondering if it was some property setting somewhere in the builds which wasn't getting along well with the network here in central MO.
now I'll have to reflash one that wasn't working for me and see how it behaves.

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
I too have the mms issue. Never had issue with text, just media.
*edit* works fine for froyo for me

sent from my Calkulin+Clemsyn 7 Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, I was wrong, you need a module for swap built from the kernel, we don't have that currently.

Is information on how to compile the firmware image available? I would like to try my hand at hacking on it. I am Gentoo Linux user and I know C, C++ and Java.

By the way, will the patches that enable cyanogenmod to work on the LG Optimus V be sent to upstream?

Spiral_ouT#AC

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Just tested mms and text on the latest Mirage build and both work perfectly. Wonder why so many people are having the same problem, but not all of us?

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Just tested mms and text on the latest Mirage build and both work perfectly. Wonder why so many people are having the same problem, but not all of us?

I wonder too... mine has been working fine for a while now, mirage/backside/bob all; not many people were having the issue when I was, but a few were. I'll reflash a couple builds that weren't working with mms on my phones later tonight and see if they work now (if not, maybe it'll be possible to figure out what's different)

mrg666

Jul 16, 2011
Visit site

To someone who does not use IHO, the forum posts give an impression of a very buggy and problematic ROM. You can see an old discussion between Whyzor, Blarf, and me. This is my first post in the IHO thread here the next day after that discussion. Three days later, I found myself building my IHO ROM. You post reminded me the last two months.

Last edited:

mysticalnyte

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Great ROM guys! JerryScript is my favorite build so far. Thanks for the hard work.
Two questions:
1. Is there a way to get Debugsystem.zip on GitHub back? The DropBox has been down for a while.
2. Is there someplace that describes what all of the governors do?

Thanks again everyone for all of your hard work on this ROM!

wagonburner

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I have been running 8/24 until I upgraded to the current build of backside and now my boot sound doesn't work anymore I checked my build.prop and it looked ok but to be safe I pulled my build.prop from before I upgraded and replaced the one that came in 10/04 my mp3 is named right any ideas?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Is information on how to compile the firmware image available? I would like to try my hand at hacking on it. I am Gentoo Linux user and I know C, C++ and Java.

By the way, will the patches that enable cyanogenmod to work on the LG Optimus V be sent to upstream?

The source is available, linked to in the first post of this thread. Everyone is welcome to build their own! ;)

The current state of IHO doesn't match up with the configuration the devs at CM perfer, so the changes are not being pushed upstream at this point. It would take a few full days of work to get it all packaged up like CM wants it, then someone would have to take responsibility for the port.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
I have been running 8/24 until I upgraded to the current build of backside and now my boot sound doesn't work anymore I checked my build.prop and it looked ok but to be safe I pulled my build.prop from before I upgraded and replaced the one that came in 10/04 my mp3 is named right any ideas?

I had to completely revamp my build environment in order to iron out some market bugs, and unfortunately the bootsound got borked in the process. To enable it on the 1004 build, you will need to:

1) edit build.prop and remove the bootsound line
2) edit init.local.rc and remove all the lines pertaining to bootsound
3) remove /system/bin/bootsound
4) Run eollie's bootsound script, then reboot

Edited to add step 3, forgot it when I first posted this

I get complaints with bootsound enabled, and I get complaints when it doesn't work. Perhaps I should just let people use eollies script in the future, it only takes 30 seconds to implement. ;)

Last edited:

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
To someone who does not use IHO, the forum posts give an impression of a very buggy and problematic ROM. You can see an old discussion between Whyzor, Blarf, and me. This is my first post in the IHO thread here the next day after that discussion. Three days later, I found myself building my IHO ROM. You post reminded me the last two months.

Thanks for that stroll down memory lane :) I still stand by my words that IHO is very reliable, the only thing that I can even think of that's broken right now is maybe a headset button and Bluetooth for some people? Otherwise everything works perfectly for me.

I like to keep my PC & phone OSs running with least bells & whistles, that's my personal philosophy The more complex path a software takes, the more chances there will be problems introduced. I hope I don't offend any of the devs & tweakers here, but turning off features (or not including them), not changing things just for the sake of change, can do a lot to keep things reliable.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for that stroll down memory lane :) I still stand by my words that IHO is very reliable, the only thing that I can even think of that's broken right now is maybe a headset button and Bluetooth for some people? Otherwise everything works perfectly for me.

I like to keep my PC & phone OSs running with least bells & whistles, that's my personal philosophy The more complex path a software takes, the more chances there will be problems introduced. I hope I don't offend any of the devs & tweakers here, but turning off features (or not including them), not changing things just for the sake of change, can do a lot to keep things reliable.
No offense taken at all! While we try to keep IHO builds as close to CM7 as possible, it's obvious that everyone has their own tastes. I personally see no reason to include things I'll never use, but I still keep most of the stock CM7 apps in place in case someone else does need them.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
By the way, have any of the people working on this included compcache in their firmware? I noticed that my LG-VM670 does not have enough memory to run my background services and Symphony of Eternity smoothly, so to fix that, I would like to install firmware that makes use of compcache. As long as swap free notify support is included, the use of compcache should have a beneficial effect in memory constrained situations.

I checked into enabling swap and compcache, but according to what I've read, it's really not necessary unless you have a phone worse than the Optimus V, so I don't plan on implementing it now.
Swap and Compcache - CyanogenMod Wiki

wagonburner

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I had to completely revamp my build environment in order to iron out some market bugs, and unfortunately the bootsound got borked in the process. To enable it on the 1004 build, you will need to:

1) edit build.prop and remove the bootsound line
2) edit init.local.rc and remove all the lines pertaining to bootsound
3) Run eollie's bootsound script, then reboot

I get complaints with bootsound enabled, and I get complaints when it doesn't work. Perhaps I should just let people use eollies script in the future, it only takes 30 seconds to implement. ;)

I tried the editing and ran eollies script and still no luck so then I pulled the build.prop and the init.local.rc out of my backup and used them and still no luck. I do love the upgrades tho my phone is with bobz kernel I have been able to raise my overclock higher and still keep stability. gotta say I'm still loving it.

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
FYI- if you use the new Ring lockscreen, you can add up to four custom apps. Once you add the first one, click on the custom app button again and select add. You can have four total custom apps available on the lockscreen via rings. ;)

Thanks to fructose for pointing this out!

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Jerry's latest, and when I received a phone call today, it crashed as I went to answer it. Said com.android.phone stopped responding. Should I reflash or...? I had CPU at 320 / 729 interactivex governor. Thanks:)

Edit: can't take pictures either, camera freezes when I press the shutter button. Think I'll format the sd card, and start from scratch.

Last edited:

cole2kb

Retired Moderator
Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Jerry's latest, and when I received a phone call today, it crashed as I went to answer it. Said com.android.phone stopped responding. Should I reflash or...? I had CPU at 320 / 729 interactivex governor. Thanks:)

Edit: can't take pictures either, camera freezes when I press the shutter button. Think I'll format the sd card, and start from scratch.

Sounds like your overclock is too high, although 729 should be good so it seems odd. Maybe go for it and try a full wipe / re-flash, but if you don't want to deal with that, I'd lower your OC and see if that fixes the camera issue. (The camera is the first to go when an overclock is set too high.)

Reactions: mustafu

mustafu

Simply Winning
Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like your overclock is too high, although 729 should be good so it seems odd. Maybe go for it and try a full wipe / re-flash, but if you don't want to deal with that, I'd lower your OC and see if that fixes the camera issue. (The camera is the first to go when an overclock is set too high.)

I turned the Max down to 600 and still have the camera issue. I had an error that said "cannot connect to camera." I'll see how the reflash goes.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

curly123

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site

Naturally, that's us humans.

Set up a poll. Of if you feel like a little mischief, set up 2 donation aliases and let people vote with donations :)

However whatever the default is, many people will want change.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown