[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

gsrrr

Derp
Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Im getting the battery drain from google maps. Anyway to turn off google maps automatically after usage and not have it run in the background? I'll post this on the wiki later if someone provides a solution.

Is it the app that is causing the battery drain or GPS being left on?

If it is the latter, I use an app called Automateit and have one of the conditions turn off GPS after my screen turns off. I have another that turns GPS on when Maps starts.

I was having excessive battery drain and I used spare parts to check for partial wake usage and found out it was the Maps app.

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
1010 BACKside. So I installed all my apps fresh from the market. Then I moved what I could to the SD card using the built in app mover. When i was done moving everything, I noticed that everything I moved to the SD card disappeared. They were all gone from my app drawer. Rebooted a couple times, but nothing.

Anonymo

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Is it the app that is causing the battery drain or GPS being left on?

If it is the latter, I use an app called Automateit and have one of the conditions turn off GPS after my screen turns off. I have another that turns GPS on when Maps starts.

I was having excessive battery drain and I used spare parts to check for partial wake usage and found out it was the Maps app.

Thanks. It's the maps app, according to the battery indicator. I'll try you're suggestion.

wd5gnr

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
the 9/29 and 10/10 version of BobZ both do the same thing when I try to upgrade (I mentioned this earlier, but haven't heard any response). The install seems fine. Wipe cache + dalvik. Reboot gets to the 2nd LG logo, but that's it. ADB can't find the device.

I guess I can try a total wipe and restore but I won't try that tonight. Am I the only one having this problem? I had upgraded regularly many times with no problems, but starting with 9/29 no go.

Well, a few more details plus a repeated observation:

1) I did a full wipe and installed 10/10. It did work! The only problem is that my Titanium Pro backups won't fully restore. I will get a bunch and then get a soft reboot. Others have reported this problem but so far no proposed fix has worked (busy box version matches, verify backups after restoring from nandroid says the backups are ok). I am considering trying again but this time removing or moving all the apps on sd-ext.

2) Speaking of sd-ext. Note that if you use a2sd to move the Dalvik cache, this conflicts with /system/etc/init.d/01mvdalvik. I've metntioned it before, but the solution is to open a shell and do something like:

mount -o remount,rw /system
chmod -x /etc/init.d/01mvdalvik
a2sd cachesd

It would be really cool (and easy) to modify 01mvdalvik to detect any of the a2sd flags and abort itself. If there is any interest in including it, I don't mind modifying the script.

Any ideas on Ti Backup?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
Well, a few more details plus a repeated observation:

1) I did a full wipe and installed 10/10. It did work! The only problem is that my Titanium Pro backups won't fully restore. I will get a bunch and then get a soft reboot. Others have reported this problem but so far no proposed fix has worked (busy box version matches, verify backups after restoring from nandroid says the backups are ok). I am considering trying again but this time removing or moving all the apps on sd-ext.

2) Speaking of sd-ext. Note that if you use a2sd to move the Dalvik cache, this conflicts with /system/etc/init.d/01mvdalvik. I've metntioned it before, but the solution is to open a shell and do something like:

mount -o remount,rw /system
chmod -x /etc/init.d/01mvdalvik
a2sd cachesd

It would be really cool (and easy) to modify 01mvdalvik to detect any of the a2sd flags and abort itself. If there is any interest in including it, I don't mind modifying the script.

Any ideas on Ti Backup?

I don't use any of the a2sd scripts, it's too much of a pain when you are flashing new builds almost daily, so I can't help you there.

The ROM shouldn't have any effect on TB, it's a platform independent app. The only time I have any issues with restoring via TB is when the data partition begins to fill up. I then use Manage Applications to move as many of the apps as I can to the sdcard, then finish restoring the rest with TB.

I strongly suggest against a2sd for app management. If you take a look at how often you use apps, you'll most likely find a ton of apps you have installed that you don't use every day, much less every week. Backup these apps with TB or another backup app, then uninstall them. When you do need them, it only takes 30 seconds to restore them, then you can use the app, and then uninstall it again. This gives you virtually unlimited app space to use, without the hassle of restoring your entire environment each time you flash a new ROM. ;)

Reactions: wd5gnr

MrHyde03

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
There's a strange "bug", i guess you could call it, in BACKside and Mirage (only ones i've tried)...
When the alarm goes off (from the clock app), you hear the unlock sound 3 or 4 times really quickly then the alarm goes off. Not a problem, just wondering if it's just me

anon283326

Android Addict
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
MMS STILL not working on the 10/10 build of BobZhome's CM7. I wiped literally EVERYTHING in recovery, except my sdcard, of course. Even flashed the Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip, and nothing helped...i'm beginning to wonder if only my phone is a dud :-\

Sent from my LG Optimus V using Tapatalk

BobZhome

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
MMS STILL not working on the 10/10 build of BobZhome's CM7. I wiped literally EVERYTHING in recovery, except my sdcard, of course. Even flashed the Debug-FormatSYSTEM.zip, and nothing helped...i'm beginning to wonder if only my phone is a dud :-\

Try another ROM to check.

Sent from my LG-VM670 using Tapatalk

anon283326

Android Addict
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Try another ROM to check.

tried that, as well. sadly, with these new, yet undeniably AWESOME CM7 ROMs, MMS has been flaky at best for me. it hangs at the "Sending" forever, but it never actually sends the file :/

Is there some sort of flashable ZIP file or something that can fix this without having to switch ROMs?

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
There's a strange "bug", i guess you could call it, in BACKside and Mirage (only ones i've tried)...
When the alarm goes off (from the clock app), you hear the unlock sound 3 or 4 times really quickly then the alarm goes off. Not a problem, just wondering if it's just me

I use the alarm everyday to wake up, and often I'm awake before the alarm goes off. I've never heard anything other than the alarm, but I don't have screen unlock sounds enabled. I just tesetd it with unlock sounds enabled, and only the alarm sounded.

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
tried that, as well. sadly, with these new, yet undeniably AWESOME CM7 ROMs, MMS has been flaky at best for me. it hangs at the "Sending" forever, but it never actually sends the file :/

Is there some sort of flashable ZIP file or something that can fix this without having to switch ROMs?

I've been having the same issue. Havent found a fix yet

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Please be sure that 3g is working properly. VM is known to have occasional outages, and no 3g means no mms.

I just flashed harmonia 1.6.1c and MMS works fine. Going to flash a clean install of Bobz latest and see how it goes.

update: still wont send or receive MMS. I was running the xiona recovery, going to flash the IHO recovery and then re-flash bobz latest and see how it goes.

update 2: Still no luck. Verified the MD5 sum of the recovery image and the 10/11 build of bobzhome. Did a full wipe of course. MMS still freezes at "sending" with no data activity. Cant receive either. Now going to try Aospcwmod recovery. I noticed darktremor apps2sd was restoring apps saved to my ext partition, so I have also been re-partitioning with each flash to make sure nothing sticks.

update 3: Still gets stuck at "sending..."

Last edited:

drezliok

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed Mrg666's 1010201 build. My wifi settings are stuck on "Always on" no matter what gui setting I choose.

I wonder if this was caused by google's backup and restore functions restoring my old settings. I prefer to use the wifi sleep policy "Never when plugged in." but I was using the always on before I flashed.

Anyway to ADB into the phone and clear whose settings?

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
So, I flashed back to harmonia, ran the activation app. Rebooted, successfully sent an MMS. Re-Installed bobz 10/11 build, MMS is still not working. I'm out of ideas.

Update: Just flashed Mirage's build and MMS is working.

Last edited:

Growjunky

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I also tested bobz 10-10 build and then the 10-10 mirage build and came up with the same results mms works on mirage build but not on bobz build.