[ROM+Kernel] Inferior Human Organs unofficial CM7.1

MrHyde03

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I use the alarm everyday to wake up, and often I'm awake before the alarm goes off. I've never heard anything other than the alarm, but I don't have screen unlock sounds enabled. I just tesetd it with unlock sounds enabled, and only the alarm sounded.

eh, i figured. it's weird.. but oh well i can deal with it cuz this rom is amazing.
Great job to all involved in the development :)

jSterling

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I never had a 3g icon in any rom even though virgin mobile tells me I have coverage. I called and had them reset it but no go. Mms works fine though.

Sent from my Optimus V running IHO Android 2.3.7

anon283326

Android Addict
Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
YEESSSSSSSS!!! MMS is confirmed working with mrg666 & Mirage's 10/10/2011 CM7 build.

I wonder what the problem is with the other CM7 ROMs??? Well, idk about you guys, but I've been trying to find a stable, working, flawless CM7 ROM to keep for a while now, and I'm pleased to say I think I've found one :D

Thanks, mrg666 & Mirage, You guys get the props for being able to say you've pleased a picky ROM flasher like me....lol. I plan on using this as a permanent ROM for my phone, unless some HUGE update or a problem come up ;)

Cheers,
-MrDaggs

EDIT: Is it mrg666, Mirage, or both that created this ROM? or is "MIRAGE" just the name of the ROM? I know it says that in the file name....ugh, I'm confused.... :p

Last edited:

wd5gnr

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I don't use any of the a2sd scripts, it's too much of a pain when you are flashing new builds almost daily, so I can't help you there.

The ROM shouldn't have any effect on TB, it's a platform independent app. The only time I have any issues with restoring via TB is when the data partition begins to fill up. I then use Manage Applications to move as many of the apps as I can to the sdcard, then finish restoring the rest with TB.

I strongly suggest against a2sd for app management.

Thanks for the reply Jerry. Well, I've enjoyed using a2sd for awhile and I don't find it that annoying to rename 01mvdalvik and reinit the cache. But I didn't mean to imply I thought the TB problem was ROM specific. If you search around, it is clearly some issue with TB on lots of phones.

I'm currently going to try my root backup and see if I have better luck with that. So close....

Thanks for the reply and all your work on these phones.

csrow

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Trying out the Mirage 1010 with 828 gapp. Running 480-806.

Everything seems to be working fine except for Voice Search is getting fc. Keyboard voice recognition is working fine but not the voice search.

The battery usage is not bad. Went from 2-3% with BBrom to 4-5% with CM7. Thanks everyone.

economichitman

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Everything seems to be working fine except for Voice Search is getting fc. Keyboard voice recognition is working fine but not the voice search.

The battery usage is not bad. Went from 2-3% with BBrom to 4-5% with CM7. Thanks everyone.

Try the smartass governor. Gives me much improved battery life over BB with interactive

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site
YEESSSSSSSS!!! MMS is confirmed working with mrg666 & Mirage's 10/10/2011 CM7 build.

I wonder what the problem is with the other CM7 ROMs??? Well, idk about you guys, but I've been trying to find a stable, working, flawless CM7 ROM to keep for a while now, and I'm pleased to say I think I've found one :D

Thanks, mrg666 & Mirage, You guys get the props for being able to say you've pleased a picky ROM flasher like me....lol. I plan on using this as a permanent ROM for my phone, unless some HUGE update or a problem come up ;)

Cheers,
-MrDaggs

EDIT: Is it mrg666, Mirage, or both that created this ROM? or is "MIRAGE" just the name of the ROM? I know it says that in the file name....ugh, I'm confused.... :p

I'm glad you got everything working and found the ROM flavor that you like! The ROM is called Mirage, and it is build by mrg666 ;)

Just FYI, so that people don't get the wrong idea. There is nothing different about the MMS on any of the IHO CM7.1 builds. The most likely issue was a problem during downloading, wiping, or flashing. Any one of these steps could have an issue that borks something. That, and VM's awesome 3g. ;)

Irate Iguana

Boss Status
Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I was having some weirrrddd ass problems with MMS on bob's 9-29 build. Flashing to Jerry's 10/10 seemed to fix it :p. also I couldn't OC over 600 o.o. I guess maybe it just flashed weird or something...

Reactions: JerryScript

tony5593

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So i flashed Jerry's latest build and still had no wifi. I re-downloaded,wiped/formatted and flashed again and still, no wifi. I formatted system and reflashed, and now it works:)
i still had a headache though, getting everything to sync back correctly was a pain, and getting apps to work how they're supposed to was worse. BUT, i have a new OV again!:) Jerry, your last build is just sweet.!
And i took your idea of keeping most of my apps in TB and restoring when i need them and my phone is even better. I barely ever use most if the apps i have.
So yeah, my phone doesnt lag again, its running great.
PS, can anyone give me advice on how to save some battery. My battery still wastes pretty fast

EDIT: My battery is at 75% with 1hr and 51 minutes off charger.

Reactions: JerryScript

JerryScript

Daydream Believer
Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Voice search is an app, try uninstalling, redownloading from the market, and reinstalling. Do not restore from backup.

ElefantPhace

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having trouble sending SMS to short codes? Not really sure if its a problem with the rom, or my bank, but i can receive all texts coming in, but none of mine ever seem to make it to them. I've been on the phone with my bank and they can't see anywhere is the logs that i've sent requests, but i get all the test messages they send me.

EDIT: just tested with facebook (32665) and it went through and works fine. must be my bank.

Last edited:

sharpe351

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey jerryscript i get 13 hours of battery, and i consider my usage as heavy, is this normal for this ROM?

11-12 for me. I need to bump charge sometimes during the day. I use the 3g really heavily. I have full coverage at work. Use a lot of internet and Pandora.

sent from my Gtablet with Clemsyn Kernal using Tapatalk

Silence99

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
10/10 update seems great, Jerry, good work, as always. I really like being able to put the clock back on the right, and the lack of a boot sound :)

Whyzor

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
11+ days on one charge

screenshot1318621033163.png

Consider this the "hyper-miling" for phones :)

Was on 0930 Mirage Build. For those who don't know already, I'm a minimalist with settings:

- 122-480 InteractiveX governor
- Airplane mode for sleep & work hours
- No 3G, wifi, BT, GPS unless needed by toggling in status bar
- Data sync, animations, clicks, vibrations all off
- Light SMS, occasional phone call, and browsing through Opera Mobile browser
- bloatware removed, no battery manager/task killer of any kind either

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MOSHE TVITO